PDA

View Full Version : Athlone DVD

Pages : [1] 2

rambler14
29/04/2008, 9:52 PM
I have agreed to act as agent for Battery Rover so the DVD can be distributed down here.

It's all ready to go and it's available for €12. I have to have numbers back to Battery Rover by Sunday.

So if your interested just say if you are i'll let Battery Rover know.
A simple Yes or No will do.

ramsfan
29/04/2008, 9:55 PM
agent eh, bet you can get us more than ramblers dvds id say, ya mucky beggar excuse the pun

rambler14
29/04/2008, 9:56 PM
agent eh, bet you can get us more than ramblers dvds id say, ya mucky beggar excuse the pun

Thats a yes so?

bellavistaman
29/04/2008, 11:00 PM
yes from me!, ill take two please

bellavistaman
30/04/2008, 11:14 AM
make that 3 for me please.

rambler14
30/04/2008, 3:45 PM
make that 3 for me please.

OK. Anyone else want a copy?

MojoPin
30/04/2008, 3:48 PM
yeah i meant to reply last night ill take one

luka
30/04/2008, 3:51 PM
I have agreed to act as agent for Battery Rover so the DVD can be distributed down here.

It's all ready to go and it's available for €12. I have to have numbers back to Battery Rover by Sunday.

So if your interested just say if you are i'll let Battery Rover know.
A simple Yes or No will do.

What exactly is on the DVD and is there a preview anywhere?

rambler14
30/04/2008, 3:55 PM
What exactly is on the DVD and is there a preview anywhere?

The full match + celebrations + interview with Hendo.

I'm not aware of a preview being available.

luka
30/04/2008, 3:57 PM
Has it been legally copyrighted by the owner to prevent copies being made or it is a case of buy it and do as you please with it after? C'mon R14 FFS like.

rambler14
30/04/2008, 4:04 PM
This is what I have been told:

I have the dvd ready for burning and if you can be my agent down there you can tell me how many copies you need and pass them onto the people. I will charge €12 per copy postage included I dont care how much you charge for them and no one will know if you want to make a profit for yourself.

I do not want the money until you sell them on

The dvd itself has a laser printed disc with hard cover

Count yourselves lucky I could easily be making a tidy profit for myself but i'm being generous.

Battery Rover
30/04/2008, 4:27 PM
Has it been legally copyrighted by the owner to prevent copies being made or it is a case of buy it and do as you please with it after? C'mon R14 FFS like.

It is copyrighted as is all my stuff

rambler14
30/04/2008, 4:27 PM
I had a video of the match on my computer so I uploaded it to Youtube so that luka can have his preview.

This was recorded by Battery Rover the night of the 10th November 2007 when there was magic in the air:D

Athlone Town vs Cobh Ramblers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO2UQ79-TZY) Enjoy:)

I hope i'm not violating any of Battery Rovers copyright laws. If I am, then I apologise, but in my defence I only uploaded the video to benefit your wallet.

Cici900
30/04/2008, 4:30 PM
I want one please.

ramsfan
30/04/2008, 4:34 PM
memories bring a tear to the eye:D

rambler14
30/04/2008, 4:35 PM
memories bring a tear to the eye:D

and a shiver to the spine:D

Battery Rover
30/04/2008, 4:44 PM
I know people will copy it and no matter how much copy protection I encrypt it with people will still find ways round it. All I ask is that people respect all the work I put in during a season travelling over 10000 kms and spending the guts of 5k doing what I do for the love of the game and my club.

People can post all the snippets they want online as long as my website www.athlonetowntv.com receives recognition for it.

All the snippets you want are available on you tube including hendersons interview

don ramo
30/04/2008, 10:24 PM
dont know why the club isnt buying the rights of BR,

ramsfan
30/04/2008, 10:26 PM
dont know why the club isnt buying the rights of BR,

because to do that would probably cost agrand or more which means club would have to sell a whole heap of dvds to break even, so why make a debt when you can just get it of battery rover

Da-Mini
30/04/2008, 11:34 PM
Ill take 3 please :D

don ramo
30/04/2008, 11:36 PM
because to do that would probably cost agrand or more which means club would have to sell a whole heap of dvds to break even, so why make a debt when you can just get it of battery rover

E1000, ok sell at E20 a pop divide by 1000 and you answear is 50 , 50 DVDs and you break even if its E1000 for the rights, we have 200 season tickets holders, probably more i think there would be demand enough,

ramsfan
30/04/2008, 11:47 PM
fair enough so why dont you buy the rights off br and sell them if they such a big seller, you could make a killing:rolleyes::D

don ramo
01/05/2008, 12:37 AM
fair enough so why dont you buy the rights off br and sell them if they such a big seller, you could make a killing:rolleyes:

not a bad idea to be fair, but im just to lazy to sort it out;):D

ramsfan
01/05/2008, 2:51 AM
this time next year don you could be a millionaire:D

don ramo
01/05/2008, 9:15 AM
this time next year don you could be a millionaire:D

:eek::eek:

rambler14
01/05/2008, 2:24 PM
:eek::eek:

He who dares Don Ramo, he who dares!:D

luka
01/05/2008, 2:30 PM
Lads,

Just so ye're aware, and not wanting to take anything away from the 'Salesman Of The Year' (R14 Take a bow), the match DVD will go on General sale in Cobh in the coming weeks, but will be at an increased price as to what you're being offer it here for. It will also be available through the online shop with that price plus Post & Package.

I'll advise Retail Outlets when I know more but the Club Shop will be one of them.

rambler14
01/05/2008, 2:39 PM
Lads,

Just so ye're aware, and not wanting to take anything away from the 'Salesman Of The Year' (R14 Take a bow), the match DVD will go on General sale in Cobh in the coming weeks, but will be at an increased price as to what you're being offer it here for. It will also be available through the online shop with that price plus Post & Package.

I'll advise Retail Outlets when I know more but the Club Shop will be one of them.

So buy now, while the DVD is being sold at Cost Price!

Cici900
01/05/2008, 6:19 PM
So Were do i buy it now?

rambler14
01/05/2008, 6:22 PM
So Were do i buy it now?

You can still get the DVD for €12 from Battery Rover before the DVD hits the shops.
I'll be putting the order in on Sunday night.

Cici900
01/05/2008, 6:23 PM
Ok well. You have me in dont u?

rambler14
01/05/2008, 6:26 PM
Ok well. You have me in dont u?

I do. I have quite a list built up too. Plenty more space though.

I'll be promoting the DVD's at the match tomorrow looking for more takers as i'd hate to see people have to wait until it comes to the shops and pay the extra.

Anyone else on here want one?

luka
02/05/2008, 5:50 AM
No. Now be quiet. Thanks. Yesterday was you last sales day. Sacked. :D

rambler14
02/05/2008, 8:10 AM
No. Now be quiet. Thanks. Yesterday was you last sales day. Sacked. :D

Whatever?????

I have a list in front of me which will be followed up on.

luka
02/05/2008, 9:29 AM
Watched the entire 150 minutes this morning and have to give BR a massive patt on the back. The DVD is a must have for any Ramblers supporter. I can't say that I've seen after match scenes like that involving Ramblers before. Terrific. A totally superb DVD lads. Quality and sound are superb as well. Great interview with Henderson after as well. I felt sorry for the PA 'cause he asked supporters to stay off the playing surface at the final whistle.............one minute later the pitch was jointed :D

drinkfeckarse
02/05/2008, 11:56 AM
. I felt sorry for the PA 'cause he asked supporters to stay off the playing surface at the final whistle.............one minute later the pitch was jointed :D

Was never gonna happen :D

bellavistaman
02/05/2008, 12:12 PM
Was never gonna happen :D

there was mre chance of athlone beating us!:D

Martinho II
02/05/2008, 3:27 PM
lads let me know when this dvd is on sale on cobhs website as I may be interested in buying this!

bellavistaman
02/05/2008, 7:32 PM
lads let me know when this dvd is on sale on cobhs website as I may be interested in buying this!

not being rude, but why.

Anyway i had to order 25 today, so battery rover you'll be abusy man.

I sent you PM aswell btw,

luka
02/05/2008, 7:38 PM
Why did you order twenty five? The idea of selling them in Cobh Shops is because the club get#s a cut FFS :rolleyes: Use the head

Martinho II
03/05/2008, 12:14 PM
not being rude, but why.

Anyway i had to order 25 today, so battery rover you'll be abusy man.

I sent you PM aswell btw,
cos I collect different eircom league dvds thats why!

luka
03/05/2008, 12:37 PM
They'll be available over the next couple of day Martinho.......probably Monday I'd say.

bellavistaman
04/05/2008, 2:32 PM
Why did you order twenty five? The idea of selling them in Cobh Shops is because the club get#s a cut FFS :rolleyes: Use the head

thats **** all to do with me, your man had the offer out first i aid id order off him so i will. simple as

bellavistaman
04/05/2008, 2:32 PM
cos I collect different eircom league dvds thats why!

cool..

luka
04/05/2008, 3:51 PM
thats **** all to do with me, your man had the offer out first i aid id order off him so i will. simple as

I honestly couldn't care less where you get them from Bella. Point I'm making is that the club will get a share of the spoils when they are bought in Cobh and Online, but as your 25 are for the team then nothing lost in my book. Simple as.

bellavistaman
04/05/2008, 4:09 PM
but as your 25 are for the team then nothing lost in my book. Simple as.

who said there for the team, i never said that

luka
04/05/2008, 4:45 PM
Call it an educated guess. Doesn't matter anyway. They'll be on sale in the Club Shop and Fanatics next week.

bellavistaman
04/05/2008, 4:54 PM
Call it an educated guess. Doesn't matter anyway. They'll be on sale in the Club Shop and Fanatics next week.

ya educated guess

luka
04/05/2008, 5:08 PM
The whole idea of my doing this is to bring in a bit of extra cash to the club if possible. Doesn't matter how big or small the amount is. I just thought it a bit odd, that after I'd posted they'll be going on sale in Cobh that a guy goes and says he's ordered 25 copies........so I ask the right questions to get the answers. I've spoken with Battery Rover earlier in the week and the deals done. If you'd have hung on a bit you might have gotten them cheaper considering who they were for...........no matter now anyway!

bellavistaman
05/05/2008, 1:16 PM
The whole idea of my doing this is to bring in a bit of extra cash to the club if possible. Doesn't matter how big or small the amount is. I just thought it a bit odd, that after I'd posted they'll be going on sale in Cobh that a guy goes and says he's ordered 25 copies........so I ask the right questions to get the answers. I've spoken with Battery Rover earlier in the week and the deals done. If you'd have hung on a bit you might have gotten them cheaper considering who they were for...........no matter now anyway!

a guy? Battery Rover and r14 came first, i actually had told them two the day before i said it here, As usual getting your knickers in a twist, **** all to do with ya who i ask for the dvd off.