PDA

View Full Version : midfield woes

golly
26/07/2003, 8:00 PM
evry1 is moaning bout our midfield problems george o callaghan is the answer he plays most of the game there anyway coz he has to drop deep to get the ball so why not play him there and get cp or behan up front with johnny o grady isnt even related to a footballer so get rid of him

tiktok
27/07/2003, 12:34 AM
it's the clearest solution to our current woes, giving Behan or Colin P a run up front with Flynny would also take at least some of the focus from him, george drops off anyway and it leaves Flynn isolated.

Cityace
27/07/2003, 3:38 PM
Colin P needs more games to develop.i think this positioning would be a good choice.

pete
28/07/2003, 9:49 AM
IMO George should not play in midfield cos we have no one good enough to replace him up front.

If he plays midfield will spend most of his time in the city half & won't create anything for O'Flynn from there.

tiktok
28/07/2003, 5:02 PM
i disagree,

we could always put Colin T out wide right and Doyle up front. George has to drop deep as it is to get the ball so Flynn is on his own up front anyway, any player next to him would be better.

you have to ask is having george in midfield and Behan/Doyle upfront going to give us more going forward than Gerogie upfront with Murray and Conor (as it was for too long against shels) in midfield.

Tom Peppers
28/07/2003, 5:44 PM
would everyone give o grady a break. The guy is going through a lean spell and should be given time. To quote the famous Bill Geoerge " O Grady, a genius on the ball with geat vision and strength ". Give the guy a break Tiktok and myself agree that he makes the team tick over perfectly

Colm
28/07/2003, 5:56 PM
Originally posted by Tom Peppers
would everyone give o grady a break. The guy is going through a lean spell and should be given time.

I know that this is going to shock you Geursie and totally defeat the purpose of your post but I actually agree.
O'Grady is a good player, there is just something holding him back and I don't think anybody can quite work out what it is.
He played very well away to Bohs and in one of the recent home games (Longford?), he just needs to do this consistantly.

Tom Peppers
28/07/2003, 6:08 PM
this is not guersie. i am a loyal compatriot of his. Husband to a murdered wife, father to a murdered son and i shall have my revenge be it in this life or the next. And yes i agree with you colm you did defeat the purpose of my message. Damn you