29/04/2008, 8:55 PM
2-0 now.

3-0.
That post makes sense??????

George with two

Buller
29/04/2008, 9:01 PM
:confused: League Cup?
Champions League really did overshadow this one!

TheBoss
29/04/2008, 9:09 PM
Well, to Limerick fans, it probably is like their Champions League.

skitz3
29/04/2008, 9:42 PM
2-0 now.

3-0.

Was it that Liam Kearney scored and they didn't know whether to credit him with 2 or 1?

sullanefc
29/04/2008, 9:42 PM
:confused: League Cup?
Champions League really did overshadow this one!

You don't say. Apparantly the attendance at TX was 292. Yikes.

viagogo
29/04/2008, 9:44 PM
Why was this game (Cork V Limerick 37) played tonight? Surely it could have been played on Monday. A crowd of 292!!

DmanDmythDledge
29/04/2008, 9:46 PM
Why was this game (Cork V Limerick 37) played tonight? Surely it could have been played on Monday.
Cork are playing Sunday in the league.

sligoman
29/04/2008, 11:13 PM
That post makes sense??????Yes, it does. It was 2-0, then I edited my post a few minutes later(as it says there) when Cork scored again.

L37Ultra
29/04/2008, 11:18 PM

Ah no.:o

dcfcsteve
29/04/2008, 11:20 PM
Cork are playing Sunday in the league.

Why wasn't it played yesterday then (i.e. Monday 27th)...?

GavinZac
29/04/2008, 11:29 PM
Why wasn't it played yesterday then (i.e. Monday 27th)...?
Monday 28th?
We had a game last Friday, and an A Championship game on Sunday. This game was scheduled to go ahead next Tuesday, but the league game against St Pats was moved to this Sunday and it was easiest to move the Limerick game back a week. If we spent all our time arranging our games around foreign fixtures we'd never get anything done.

L37Ultra
29/04/2008, 11:34 PM
foreign fixtures we'd never get anything done.

European Champions League. Irelands in Europe.;)

jebus
29/04/2008, 11:39 PM
Monday 28th?
We had a game last Friday, and an A Championship game on Sunday. This game was scheduled to go ahead next Tuesday, but the league game against St Pats was moved to this Sunday and it was easiest to move the Limerick game back a week. If we spent all our time arranging our games around foreign fixtures we'd never get anything done.

What he said, why bother pandering to the Utd supporting Cork City fans (which obviously is quite a few of them)

GavinZac
29/04/2008, 11:50 PM
What he said, why bother pandering to the Utd supporting Cork City fans (which obviously is quite a few of them)

We always have a low turnout in the first round of the League cup, there was zero publicity for this and yet they expected 1,000. 292 is obviously rubbish but then those staying away won't have missed much apart from good craic in the shed and Mick Devine's first concession to joining in with some dancing. Given our average attendance is circa 3000, it'd have to be 90% United fans :eek: I think people just weren't arsed. With season ticket sales up this year I know some people, including myself, will have been thinking "€15, for what?".

If I was to change anything, it would have been to try to get it played in Limerick. With receipts from 146 paying customers and about €100 in merch takings, we lost money tonight. Playing it up there would've seen both clubs make something.

As I've said repeatedly before, attendances to the League cup and to the Setanta Cup will continue to fall until something is done about both of them, preferably an All-Ireland League Cup.

gael353
29/04/2008, 11:51 PM

booo hisssss! Cork for us was never a big darby or even thought about as a big game. Now back in the day Waterford, Sligo, Rovers etc there big games and always will be for us. Less of the slagging too can you remind me of when we last met? :ball:

jebus
29/04/2008, 11:53 PM
Given our average attendance is circa 3000, it'd have to be 90% United fans :eek: I think people just weren't arsed.

True but you have to question these fans support when they just can't be bothered showing up. €15 is steep so maybe ye should have dropped the price but still..

GavinZac
29/04/2008, 11:57 PM
True but you have to question these fans support when they just can't be bothered showing up. €15 is steep so maybe ye should have dropped the price but still..

We have the strongest, most consistant following in the league so its a bit odd to question that, given attendances of over 3000 for the likes of Harps. We're involved in 5 competitions this year so its a bit of a test on the ould purse strings, and the first to go will always be the LC. We couldn't drop the price as its an FAI competition with divided gate receipts and the FAI set the prices.

jebus
29/04/2008, 11:59 PM
We have the strongest, most consistant following in the league so its a bit odd to question that, given attendances of over 3000 for the likes of Harps. We're involved in 5 competitions this year so its a bit of a test on the ould purse strings, and the first to go will always be the LC. We couldn't drop the price as its an FAI competition with divided gate receipts and the FAI set the prices.

Fair enough, but still, the attendance is fairly shocking from a Cork City standpoint, I'm fully sure Cobh vs Limerick in the LC would have drawn a higher attendence

SeanDrog
30/04/2008, 7:56 AM
Does anyone else think thsi competition should be scrapped? Not trying to be disrespectful but IMO it has very little appeal and costs clubs money in tmers of travel etc.

GavinZac
30/04/2008, 9:01 AM
Does anyone else think thsi competition should be scrapped? Not trying to be disrespectful but IMO it has very little appeal and costs clubs money in tmers of travel etc.

As I said, merging the Setanta and League Cups in the north and south would give some meaning to it. Setanta wouldn't have to broadcast the early rounds but it would throw up some interesting draws.

twowheelsonly
30/04/2008, 9:02 AM
Fair enough, but still, the attendance is fairly shocking from a Cork City standpoint, I'm fully sure Cobh vs Limerick in the LC would have drawn a higher attendence

Maybe if they both reached the final.......................but I still doubt it!!:p

This was always going to be a disaster crowd-wise. With all due respect to Limerick they're not the greatest crowd pullers in the league, it's a school/work night, Season tickets are not valid, it's €15 in, Utd and Barca were on telly and it was freezing cold. (At least it wasn't raining!)

Did Limerick use up their 5% allocation BTW??

jebus
30/04/2008, 9:34 AM

Who cares, we're a first division side playing away on a weekday in the league cup, not sure it matters if we did or we didn't. But for a club with aspirations like Cork City have pulling in a Monaghanesque attendence it just isn't good enough.

micls
30/04/2008, 10:12 AM

Are you for real? EVERYONE from Cobh is a Man U fan....

jebus
30/04/2008, 10:16 AM
Are you for real? EVERYONE from Cobh is a Man U fan....

Still doesn't change the fact that the city Corkies turned their backs on the club in huge numbers last night. Jesus but you're all defensive, I don't see how there is any defence for a club that thinks as highly of itself as Cork does pulling that figure for any competitive game.

micls
30/04/2008, 11:11 AM
Still doesn't change the fact that the city Corkies turned their backs on the club in huge numbers last night. Jesus but you're all defensive, I don't see how there is any defence for a club that thinks as highly of itself as Cork does pulling that figure for any competitive game.

Where did I defend? Im simply saying you wouldnt have had more if it were Cobh....

Last night was obviously a pitiful attendance. But no one cares. ts the league cup it was too expensive and the CL semi was on.

Bad planning and management and the usual apathy towards the league cup. Not a surprise to anyone.

I had a laugh anyway...

GavinZac
30/04/2008, 12:06 PM

Competitive? I wouldn't have called it that :p

Lim till i die
30/04/2008, 12:20 PM

Given that the attendance was less than 5% of the capacity I'm guessing you have trouble with maths??

We were probably 10% of the crowd.

Mick Devine's first concession to joining in with some dancing

Mick Devine is a good guy.

We were in the St.Annes and during the first half at one stage one of the girls walked down to the wall to take a picture of the ground.

One of the lads shouted at Mick Devine: "Have some f***in manners Devine, the girl is taking a picture and you've your back to her."

Mick responded by turning around and posing for the picture.* :D

*This should also give people a fair indictation of the way the game was going. :o

Damn lousy form from the Corkies, playing all those good players. :p