PDA

View Full Version : PFA Premier Team of the Season

OwlsFan
29/04/2008, 12:23 PM
------------James--------------
--Sagna---Ferdinand---Vidic---Clichy
--Ronaldo--Gerrard--Fabregas---Young
------------Adebayor----Torres---

Two players outside the top 4 and no Chelsea player.

Roadend
29/04/2008, 12:58 PM
They mentioned during Saturday's game that no Chelsea player had played more than something like 25 league games this season.

drinkfeckarse
29/04/2008, 2:54 PM
Not a lot wrong with that team IMO.

Sam_Heggy
29/04/2008, 3:57 PM
I must admit, the first time I saw that team I said "why Sagna?" then I tried to think of a right back that was better than him in the league and apart from maybe Brown (as much as it pains me to say) there was no one else even close.

DmanDmythDledge
29/04/2008, 5:33 PM
Evra should be in it, apart from that spot on.

jebus
29/04/2008, 5:48 PM
Evra should be in it, apart from that spot on.

Take off the United glasses for a second and you'll realise that Clichy is the best left back in the Premier, if not the world, at the moment

DmanDmythDledge
29/04/2008, 5:52 PM
Take off the United glasses for a second and you'll realise that Clichy is the best left back in the Premier, if not the world, at the moment
Do you actually have the temerity to lecture someone not being biased when Man Utd are involved?:D It's not like only Man Utd fans are saying Evra should be in the team...

I think Clichy has been excellent and there was very little between him and Evra in my opinion.

John83
29/04/2008, 6:01 PM
I haven't seen much of Arsenal or Clichy this year, but his elevation to best left back on earth has been very sudden. I remember him being **** not very long ago. I'm a little suspicious.

Evra's been consistently excellent for some time though. I've no doubt he's worth mentioning, whether you like Manchester United or not.

Dodge
29/04/2008, 6:10 PM
Evra's been consistently excellent for some time though. I've no doubt he's worth mentioning, whether you like Manchester United or not.

I've always though Clichy was superior. I think Glen Johnson must've been in with a shout for Right Back spot. Good to see a young lad get his career back on track after it stalled at Chelsea.

I think Gerrard in there is a joke. Was poor all season while playing in central midfield. Only picked up when moved to just behind Torres. No way should he be in team of year ahead of Essien, Arteta or Barry

jebus
29/04/2008, 11:34 PM
Do you actually have the temerity to lecture someone not being biased when Man Utd are involved?:D It's not like only Man Utd fans are saying Evra should be in the team...

I think Clichy has been excellent and there was very little between him and Evra in my opinion.

In fairness only the very biased Utd fans would deny Clichy his spot

bellavistaman
29/04/2008, 11:42 PM
gerrards inclusion is a farce. I could easily name 5 cm's who had better season, its a scam

osarusan
29/04/2008, 11:45 PM
Adebayor shouldn't be there.

Even though he's scored so many goals, he's been the reason Arsenal haven't won quite a few games also.

I'd like to see the squad from which the team was chosen, to see what other players were initially involved.

Dodge
30/04/2008, 12:09 AM
I'd like to see the squad from which the team was chosen, to see what other players were initially involved.

Everybody is initially involved. Each premier league player vots for the person in their position for the team of the year, and whoever they like for player and young player of the year

Roadend
30/04/2008, 8:12 AM
gerrards inclusion is a farce. I could easily name 5 cm's who had better season, its a scam

OK, name 5 who've scored 20+ goals this year.

Dodge
30/04/2008, 10:05 AM

You're right Goals are the only thing a midfielder has to do. I'd have Mascherano ahead of him if I was picking Liverpool's top midfielder

gustavo
30/04/2008, 10:06 AM

A midfielders primary duty is not to score goals.

Roadend
30/04/2008, 10:08 AM
Might as well take out Ronaldo so......

Dodge
30/04/2008, 10:11 AM
no, because there hasn't been a better winger. Man, Liverpool fans are defensive...

Roadend
30/04/2008, 10:13 AM
As a midfielder he does sweet fa, but he scores goals. You can't have it one way when you like it and another way when you don't.

Dodge
30/04/2008, 10:20 AM
As a midfielder he does sweet fa, but he scores goals. You can't have it one way when you like it and another way when you don't.

He's not a midfielder though, he's a winger. Surely even you can see the difference? Can you name somebody more deserving of a place in the team than him?

Roadend
30/04/2008, 11:10 AM
He's not a midfielder though, he's a winger.

Jesus wept

bellavistaman
30/04/2008, 11:31 AM
You're right Goals are the only thing a midfielder has to do. I'd have Mascherano ahead of him if I was picking Liverpool's top midfielder

my point exactly, mascherano, gareth barry, essien, joe cole, elano, even the likes of muntari with portsmouth has been as effective as gerrard for their respective teams.

Personally i think gerrard is the best central midfielder in the world at the moment, but benitez is destroying him. Btw i support United so have no loyalties to neither.

Dodge
30/04/2008, 11:49 AM
Jesus wept
Are you saying they are the same? :rolleyes:

drinkfeckarse
30/04/2008, 3:37 PM
crossed wires maybe...

ramsfan
30/04/2008, 4:25 PM
if you were to take it from premier league website according to most fantasy points scored your team would be

james

johnson lescott laursen clichy

ronaldo fabregas gerrard barry

adebayor berbatov

subs

ferdinand
vidic
torres
young
bentley
petrov

ferdinand and vidic are higher scorers than johnson and clichy but they are not full backs so thus werent in team

ramsfan
30/04/2008, 4:29 PM
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Statistics/0,,12306,00.html

good stats for season

micls
30/04/2008, 7:39 PM
Adebayor shouldn't be there.

Even though he's scored so many goals, he's been the reason Arsenal haven't won quite a few games also.

Afaik its voted for in January. Can't argue with his inclusion if thats the case.

Dodge
30/04/2008, 8:34 PM
Afaik its voted for in January. Can't argue with his inclusion if thats the case.

They've changed that afaik. Late March apparently