PDA

View Full Version : Dolan says sorry about last night

Ruairi
26/07/2003, 1:51 PM
In the Echo today Dolan is quoted as saying

"I apologise to the fans for the result but I want to thank them for supporting us.

We will be the biggest club in the country because it's going to happen, I feel we are close but there will be other days for this club"

Yeah nice one Pat, sound :rolleyes:

Cityace
26/07/2003, 3:51 PM
It was pointed out to me that most of what Spillage said in the echo today was posted here already.and i dont mean idea's,i mean actual sentences and paragraph's.

TheNorthsider
26/07/2003, 4:24 PM
at least pat dolan didnt offer any excuses regarding last nite was expecting him to do so,he was getting a bit like david o leary repeating himself and offering the same old line.The only thing that could be said about last nite was that we simply werent good enough we have a number of players on the first team who just arent good enough

SSS
26/07/2003, 5:16 PM
The Echo had a little go at Dolan alright, querying the removal of Hoggie for Carey when 0-2 down and wondering why Colin P didn't come on until 3 minutes before the end.

Cityace
26/07/2003, 5:23 PM
Originally posted by SSS
The Echo had a little go at Dolan alright, querying the removal of Hoggie for Carey when 0-2 down and wondering why Colin P didn't come on until 3 minutes before the end.

That wasnt a go at Dolan that was one of the most important questions it could have asked.

Even Murphy wouldnt do that.Colin P should be coming on every time something like this happens, if not starting.He is a striker but ,in true dolan fashion, you could play him as a centre forward and get him to make alot of runs forward.

Colm
27/07/2003, 4:40 PM
Originally posted by SSS

Yeah I noticed that, and while it's nice to see Spillane actually expressing something resembling an opinion, I think that it was a bit much. Why? Simple reason is that regardless of what Gunther did last year (remember we only had one solitary away win) Spillane wouldn't question him because he is part of the old brigade, one of the boys, Dolan isn't. He is new to the club and maybe he is not letting Spillane away with what he has got away with in the past.
Spillane is a disgrace!

*apologies to Ruairi for dissing his good buddy Noel! :D

James
27/07/2003, 8:23 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
It was pointed out to me that most of what Spillage said in the echo today was posted here already.and i dont mean idea's,i mean actual sentences and paragraph's.

not for the first time also, we know your game spillage ya mupppet, get your own ideas like :ball: