PDA

View Full Version : Sligo Born players for us

Pages : [1] 2

sligofan4ever
28/04/2008, 4:12 PM
Anyone notice theres been a lack of sligo talent for us in recent years I think We need to be putting more players from Sligo into the team for example theres this one young player for Merville United whos an outstanding Winger he would put in some tough competition for the position when he can play for a senior squad and a plus he can play anywhere along midfiled or up front

gustavo
28/04/2008, 4:24 PM
Theres no point in playing Sligo born players just for the sake of it , sure it's nice to have the likes of Raf and Conor in the team , it gives it that bit extra , but they have to be good enough , otherwise it would be back to the 1st Division with us.

sligofan4ever
28/04/2008, 5:00 PM
well my dad reckons Sligo Rovers will be like the premier league (england) bringing in too many foreign players what about the likes of mark Rossiter or Alan Cawley ?

gustavo
28/04/2008, 5:02 PM
Rovers have had a long history of bringing in players from abroad so it's nothing new there. By all means go for those players as we know they are good enough but it isn't always as easy as that

forza rovers
28/04/2008, 6:35 PM
well my dad reckons Sligo Rovers will be like the premier league (england) bringing in too many foreign players what about the likes of mark Rossiter or Alan Cawley ?they were trying to get the at the start of the season.

sligofan4ever
28/04/2008, 6:38 PM
What about Paul McTiernan either I understand Atyhlone released him and I think might have another successful time at Showgrounds

sligoman
28/04/2008, 6:45 PM
Paul McTiernanFrom Roscommon.

sligofan4ever
28/04/2008, 6:48 PM
From Roscommon.

Ohh tought he was from Sligo my mistake :rolleyes:

sligoman
28/04/2008, 6:49 PM
Ohh tought he was from Sligo my mistake :rolleyes:Ok, what's with the :rolleyes:?

sligofan4ever
28/04/2008, 6:51 PM
I don't know used to have a habit with smileys when i was younger lol

Rovers1
28/04/2008, 9:17 PM
I don't know used to have a habit with smileys when i was younger lol

did you get proper counselling? hope your ok :)

90minutes
28/04/2008, 9:32 PM
Anyone notice theres been a lack of sligo talent for us in recent years I think We need to be putting more players from Sligo into the team for example theres this one young player for Merville United whos an outstanding Winger he would put in some tough competition for the position when he can play for a senior squad and a plus he can play anywhere along midfiled or up front

what players this.

sligoman
28/04/2008, 9:39 PM
what players this.'sligofan4ever' is his nickname;)

happydays97
29/04/2008, 11:49 AM
I'm sure if there are young players good enough in Sligo they will be approached by the "A" team manager and will be given the chance to shine in the A league.

sligoman
29/04/2008, 11:50 AM
I'm sure if there are young players good enough in Sligo they will be approached by the "A" team manager and will be given the chance to shine in the A league.How are you liking the job so far Brian?;)

happydays97
29/04/2008, 11:56 AM
How are you liking the job so far Brian?;)

The A team job has nothing to do with me. Wish it had but I'm only making the point that if the A team manager is doing his job properly he will know the young up and coming prospects in Sligo and give them their chance in the A league

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 3:19 PM
'sligofan4ever' is his nickname;)

I'm not THAT good not even with a team don't live near any and I don't got any way out anywhere BTW anyone ever hear of Ben McGarry (thats who im on about in my first post on this) hes an unbeleivable midfielder/striker he would definatly be a star for the future he was being monitred by a scout from a team in the English Coca Cola Championship (leage below the premier league) infact

Rovers1
29/04/2008, 3:53 PM
English Coca Cola Championship (leage below the premier league) infact

really? i didnt know that!

deecay
29/04/2008, 4:06 PM
really? i didnt know that!
Come on,everyone whos that:rolleyes:

biscuit
29/04/2008, 4:11 PM
I'm not THAT good not even with a team don't live near any and I don't got any way out anywhere BTW anyone ever hear of Ben McGarry (thats who im on about in my first post on this) hes an unbeleivable midfielder/striker he would definatly be a star for the future he was being monitred by a scout from a team in the English Coca Cola Championship (leage below the premier league) infact

its been a burning question for a while now...what age are you sligofan4ever??:o

forza rovers
29/04/2008, 5:07 PM
I'm not THAT good not even with a team don't live near any and I don't got any way out anywhere BTW anyone ever hear of Ben McGarry (thats who im on about in my first post on this) hes an unbeleivable midfielder/striker he would definatly be a star for the future he was being monitred by a scout from a team in the English Coca Cola Championship (leage below the premier league) infactben is 13 year's old i think!

biscuit
29/04/2008, 5:18 PM
13?? haha! didnt sligofan4ever say he would be able for senior football??
Roddy was right, the league is going in the wrong direction!:D

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 5:21 PM
I said something about a player from Northern ireland (cant remember who) in the coca cola championship in another team forum before and I got atleast 6 replies asking which league is it ? so not trying it again just incase :)

forza rovers
29/04/2008, 5:22 PM

13?? haha! didnt sligofan4ever say he would be able for senior football??
Roddy was right, the league is going in the wrong direction!:Dyes he did:D

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 5:25 PM
yes he's bout 13 hes a a younger cousin of my freind by the time he can play senior football he'll be a great addition to Sligo Rovers or wherever he goes hes very exciting to watch at his age because hes great pace,power and target hes been calledas "The New Torres" by some people and all

sligoman
29/04/2008, 5:44 PM
Haha, lock this thread before it gets even more stupid:D

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 5:46 PM
Haha, lock this thread before it gets even more stupid:D

Well I might if people just stick to what this threads about its just likethe Sligo Rovers VS Finn Harps thread everyones just talking about 2 drunks who ran onto the pitch

forza rovers
29/04/2008, 5:48 PM
ya sligo born players not u14 players.

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 5:53 PM
ya sligo born players not u14 players.

I yeah but on part of my first post on this thread I said theres 1 exciting young prospect thats so good hes even being monitred by scouts from England which also shows there could be some exciting new players from Sligo on the way

biscuit
29/04/2008, 5:55 PM
I yeah but on part of my first post on this thread I said theres 1 exciting young prospect thats so good hes even being monitred by scouts from England which also shows there could be some exciting new players from Sligo on the way

is there no "super reds" forum for you lad?

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 6:02 PM
is there no "super reds" forum for you lad?

right lets just get back to Sligo Born players this is gettig stupider as sligoman said

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 7:14 PM
ya and your the one making it stupid.

here I might aswell close this thread

deecay
29/04/2008, 7:16 PM
here I might aswell close this thread
At least your not confrontational.

Didnt you were a mod?

Boo_Boy
29/04/2008, 7:22 PM

That is the funniest thing i've read in a while.:D

You can only imagine a scout from Charlton or Stoke standing in the rain at an U-14 match at merville's pitch:D

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 7:26 PM
That is the funniest thing i've read in a while.:D

You can only imagine a scout from Charlton or Stoke standing in the rain at an U-14 match at merville's pitch:D

Think it was Southampton actually and I know scouts would stand out in ****in rain at melwood in liverpool or even at the sowgroind but at an U-14'S game ?

Boo_Boy
29/04/2008, 7:32 PM
Think it was Southampton actually and I know scouts would stand out in ****in rain at melwood in liverpool or even at the sowgroind but at an U-14'S game ?

sowgroind?

it sounds like something that chops up people:D

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 7:38 PM
sowgroind?

it sounds like something that chops up people:D

sorry I was typin with a burger in my hand lol Meant to say Showgrounds

Red&White Rover
29/04/2008, 7:42 PM
IMHO, sf4e should just put down.

deecay
29/04/2008, 7:44 PM
One thing I hate about foot.ie is that posters jump on even one letter misspelled.

Its not a spelling test lads

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 7:58 PM
come guys is everyone all of a sudden against me look I may be makin stupid comments but im havin a bad day today and im just kinda sad and angry at the same time so can everyone just lay off me

deecay
29/04/2008, 8:01 PM
Personally I think its geting OTT on a younger poster who seems enthuasiastic about Rovers.

Seriously lads,Man Utd are playing now and a young fella is on foot.ie instead,thats shows alot

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 8:04 PM
Personally I think its geting OTT on a younger poster who seems enthuasiastic about Rovers.

Seriously lads

Yeah im a younger fan and maybe because of that im a little bit enthusastic about Bit O' Red (im not young young just still in my teens :D)

forza rovers
29/04/2008, 8:13 PM
back to topic...
what other sligo born players in the league at the moment carin martin,alan calway,mark&ian rossiter anybody else?

sligoman
29/04/2008, 8:20 PM
Seriously lads,Man Utd are playing now and a young fella is on foot.ie instead,thats shows alotI'm on foot.ie now and watching match. Plus he's a Liverpool fan so doubt he'd have interest in United match.

One thing I hate about foot.ie is that posters jump on even one letter misspelled.

Its not a spelling test ladsYou contradict yourself about your point on spelling here (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=931960&postcount=28).

Burn.

biscuit
29/04/2008, 8:22 PM
well in the first ye have, Jay Mac, Jinksy, Ian rossiter @ athlone.
Ryan O'Donnell @ Longford.
Brain freeze after that but think thats it!

sligofan4ever
29/04/2008, 8:23 PM
I'm on foot.ie now and watching match. Plus he's a Liverpool fan so doubt he'd have interest in United match.
You contradict yourself about your point on spelling here (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=931960&postcount=28).

Burn.

Im actually watchin the match to see who Liverpool will get in the final if they beat chelsea looks like United :p

sligoman
29/04/2008, 8:26 PM
back to topic...
what other sligo born players in the league at the moment carin martin,alan calway,mark&ian rossiter anybody else?
well in the first ye have, Jay Mac, Jinksy, Ian rossiter @ athlone.
Ryan O'Donnell @ Longford.
Brain freeze after that but think thats it!Is David O'Dowd still with Athlone? He's from Enniscrone anyway.
Jim Sheridan is from Sligo afaik?

Ian Wexler is an honorary Sligo man;).

biscuit
29/04/2008, 8:28 PM
Forgot about Jimbo. Yeah "istabraq" o'dowd is from enniscrone alright. On a side note, heard that young lad from enniscrone, Darragh Tuffy could be coming back to ireland and sign with rovers? Went to blackburn a couple of years ago but did the cruciate a couple of times afaik..Maybe someone else has more on that??

deecay
29/04/2008, 8:54 PM
I'm on foot.ie now and watching match. Plus he's a Liverpool fan so doubt he'd have interest in United match.
You contradict yourself about your point on spelling here (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=931960&postcount=28)
Multi tasker I see,Im on about stewards in that thread,not spelling,I can see how ya the the two mixed up:confused:

Boo_Boy
29/04/2008, 8:57 PM

Its not a spelling test lads

he said sowgroind, thats not even close to showgrounds