PDA

View Full Version : Explosion at Cork Chemical Plant (1 Dead)

Block G Raptor
28/04/2008, 1:16 PM
from RTE.ie (http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/0428/littleisland.html):The Health and Safety Authority is conducting one of the investigations and confirmed that it issued two notices to the company restricting production in specific areas of the plant following two explosions there at the beginning of March.

I would think there is going to be some serious ramifications from this

bellavistaman
28/04/2008, 1:22 PM
show there should be i work in chemical factory down the road from it, disgaceful really, i think i heard that its not the first either on the news today. Obviously theres a danger involved in most chemical plants but they can be dealt with appropiatly

Block G Raptor
28/04/2008, 2:49 PM
show there should be i work in chemical factory down the road from it, disgaceful really, i think i heard that its not the first either on the news today. Obviously theres a danger involved in most chemical plants but they can be dealt with appropiatly

Thats why I said there would be serious ramifications. See the quote from the Linked RTE.ie Story in my post

pete
28/04/2008, 4:27 PM

In my student days I have worked in a few plants during summer holidays. In my limited experience there seemed to be difference in standards based on some of the stories I heard. Even in the most safety conscious there have been deaths over the years due to accidents but this story seems to be different.

While this may be unrelated two similar incidents so closer together which the HSE reported on does not do much for the companies credibility.

rambler14
28/04/2008, 4:54 PM
I used work in a place around the corner from where the explosion occured and to be honest it never looked the safest place.
The people who worked in the factory with me had a low opinion of the place too. Alarms were a regular occurence if ya get what i'm saying.