PDA

View Full Version : Can we kick on in May?

Superhoops
26/04/2008, 9:14 AM
After the results of the last few weeks May is a big month for us and the question is can we kick on from here?

We have six league games before the break and the fixtures have fallen nicely with four at home. The two key games for me are Cobh at home next week and UCD away. Two wins there could put daylight between ourselves and the bottom three or four, unless either Cobh, Harps or UCD put together a string of good results in May. Nicking a few odd points from the Drogs, Cork, Rovers and Sligo away would be a bonus. 19 or 20 points would be a good place to be at the break after the dreadful start.

superfrank
26/04/2008, 10:57 AM
Right now we're five clear of UCD, Cobh and Harps and ten clear of Galway. Beating Cobh next week would be great. A few more points over May and we'll be pretty comfortably in mid-table going into the break.

We also have the League Cup match at home against Rovers which is looking pretty good now.

Fair play to Eddie and the lads for turning it around.

KR's Post
26/04/2008, 11:50 AM
Next week is key. All the teams below bray play games against tough opposition and if bray win and the others don't then you can safely say mid table finish is on the cards.

dublinwanderer
26/04/2008, 12:21 PM
i dont want to sound like a muppet but, i really think we should calm down here, lets take 1 game at a time and not get caried away... yes we've been playing well of late but....

KR's Post
26/04/2008, 12:26 PM
.... you are a muppet. Ha Ha. No i think DW is right!