PDA

View Full Version : Harps 0-1 Rovers

Pages : [1] 2

gustavo
25/04/2008, 11:13 PM
Decent battling performance from Rovers , dont know why the goal was disallowed , Judge looked off pace when he came on I thought ,Ventre needs to learn how to tackle , next weeks game is even more important now need to keep the momentum going , 3 games without conceding is a credit to the defence , as someone said before its the best defence we've had in a while ,

deecay
25/04/2008, 11:27 PM
Great win,Judge needs to show even a wee bit of effort,was hard to watch him at times.

Huge away support,400 maybe?

harpstilidie
25/04/2008, 11:29 PM
Fully deserved win for yous. Your backline is very good. That Almeida boy looks a peach of a player.
The disallowed goal should have stood imo.

SligoBrewer
25/04/2008, 11:32 PM
Winter knew he made a mistake and gave us everything after the disallowed goal. It was a disgrace that the goal was disallowed in the first place as well.

Our defence is now rock solid, Mauro was the key that we were missing, and Christopher ;)Butler has slotted in well as well.

But while saying that Harps are very poor. I expect them to be going down.

showgies
25/04/2008, 11:39 PM
Very happy with the result. However, we did our old trick of dominating the game, scoring a goal and then dropping deep inviting the oppostion onto us. Didn't we learn anything from the Pats game? This time we got away with it simply because Harps were poor. If anything was going to beat us it would have been the windy conditions. Harps played Deccie Boyle in the middle of the park for the 1st half. Christ, he'd struggle to get that position on our Legends team.

Defensively we were sound, with good back up form the midfield. O'Grady was very good, while Ventre worked hard but he is prone to mis-controlling the ball or mis-placing passes. Almedia is a real danger from set pieces, his goal was a carbon copy of the Cobh one. Cretaro was his usual busy self.

Red4Eva
26/04/2008, 12:13 AM
only conceded 1 goal in last 480 mins...get almeida into a 2 year contract asap

carrickharp
26/04/2008, 1:31 AM
Hope you are proud of the two w%$^&%s who took a hand of the Special Need players on the pitch at half time, I know that our stewarding was brutal but… :mad:
BTW not here to slag you off you deserved to win as we are playing crap!

cmak-88
26/04/2008, 2:00 AM
glad to get the 3 points but was a crap game. judge needs ta wake up a bit and i can see another fine for us because if tonight

cmak-88
26/04/2008, 2:01 AM
glad to get the 3 points but was a crap game. judge needs ta wake up a bit and i can see another fine for us because if tonight

showgies
26/04/2008, 9:22 AM
Hope you are proud of the two w%$^&%s who took a hand of the Special Need players on the pitch at half time, I know that our stewarding was brutal but… :mad:
BTW not here to slag you off you deserved to win as we are playing crap!

Drunken gob****es. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they were very drunk rather than trying to mock or interfere in the Special Olympics game at half time. None of the Rovers supporters around me were happy with these two and a few let them know. :mad:

Ballagh Red
26/04/2008, 9:23 AM
Good win last night. cash stepped it up a gear, fair play to him. have to agree with carrickharp. Whatever fine the club get hit with that pair should match it with a donation to the special olympics. Well done to harps for setting that up at half time and to Rory in getting the pair of the pitch.

sligofan4ever
26/04/2008, 9:35 AM
thats a very good win for us Almeida has to be signed up to a 2 year deal atleast we need him in the defense I mean its like this

Coleman Peers ??? Butler

I can't think of any defender at Sligo Rovers right now who could take his place hes a main player for us because hes solid indefence and has a good eye for goals to also I can see more and more attendences at the showgrounds with our recent form in the league all in all well done Bit O' Red lets make it 15 pts next saturday

forza rovers
26/04/2008, 10:22 AM
great goal by Almeida.buttlers set pices are good and causing trouble for teams,are back four are the solid and working together very well. that goal should have stood and danny was very when he blocked the keppers kick out that would have being a class goal.judge is brutal simple things like kepping on side.great performance.roll on shams

Rory H
26/04/2008, 10:24 AM
Drunken gob****es. I will give them the benefit of the doubt that they were very drunk rather than trying to mock or interfere in the Special Olympics game at half time. None of the Rovers supporters around me were happy with these two and a few let them know. :mad:

It wasn't anything against the special needs players. That was just an unfortunate coincidence. It was disgraceful stuff. They deserved every bit of stick they got.

The lads are deeply shamed by what they did, they didn't travel up with the BO'RST bus.They are making a donation to a special needs charity as a way of an apology(was told this morning). Neither is on the forum so I thought I would say it for them.

biscuit
26/04/2008, 11:01 AM
your right there rory, they were just acting the dopes, know them personally and they didnt know it was a special needs team out on the pitch, as they ran out just before they set up. Just a silly incident, genuinly think nothing malicious intented!

happydays97
26/04/2008, 11:03 AM
Its people like these two idots that give us other supporters a bad name. What need had they to be on the pitch anyway???

Rory H
26/04/2008, 11:15 AM
No need obviously. Just drunken foolery. It's all well and good having a few drinks before a game but if you can't act responsibly then it isn't. Lesson learned hopefully, too many lessons for our supporters this season. Anyway lets not take focus away from the game....

Red Army
26/04/2008, 12:02 PM
Why did the ref cancel out Rovers second goal? It was one of them games that we could have ended up winning three or four nil if that goal had been allowed. Finn park is always a hard place to pick up points so I was delighted with 1-0.:D Great travelling support I’d say close to 400.:cool:

clubman
26/04/2008, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE Anyway lets not take focus away from the game....[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately that's exactly what the crazy episode did. The game was a bore from beginning to end in another era the antics of the two loonies would have been looked upon as a much needed piece of entertainment. Unfortunately the modern age we have moved on to a much more intolerant society and the club now will I've no doubt be burdened with another fine which is as needed now as much as as a hole in the head. As times change so does the need to educate and people such as the two loonies last night will only learn by being thought a hard lesson and by that I mean they should be banned from all Rovers games for the rest of the season. Hard I know but the word has to go out once and for all to other supporters that this type of behavious is simply not acceptable any more. Rory, you know who they are, name them to the club and have them banned.
While on the subject, the lighting of flares is also an act which will invoke a heavy fine on our club yet some supporters continue to cost the club money. To my knowledge two flares were set alight last night. Members of the Trust and other supporters present know who the culprits are so they too should be named and banned from Rovers games for the rest of the season. Only by setting down real pointers will the word go out to other supporters that the club means business and is not prepared to pay the penalty for the actions of a few idiots.
The game itself as I say was a bore not helped by a very poor referee. Why these guys are not assessed by their performances is beyond me. For some reason they think they have to be at the centre of everything that happens during a game. They spoil it for everyone which includes players, managers and the paying public. After last night's fiasco I'm left feeling cheated and know now why so many people just refuse to pay good money to watch a game being spoilt by very poor officialdom. The ironic thing is that there are referee assessors at all games yet there's never a report published to say how the officials performed one way or the other.

Da Real Rover
26/04/2008, 12:27 PM
I couldnt make the game but it seems like these two lads didnt really commit anything that would warrent a season ban.
It sickens me when I hear the usual line of 'Ban them', its not like we have a surplus of fans that we can afford to start banning loyal fans to the club, and if they are willing to travel to an away game well then they obviously are loyal fans.
Let them pay the fine but as for banning them, dont be ridiculous.
BTW the flares add colour to the games and atmosphere, im all for them. As for the fines, well the lads who let them off do alot of fundraising for the club so it balances itself out financially.

deecay
26/04/2008, 12:49 PM
The trust and Forza Rovers have given €600 each in player sponsership this season

Neish
26/04/2008, 6:41 PM
The two lads who ran on the pitch are idiots of the highest order, maybe they didn't know it was special needs(I doubt this). Yes they were drunk, its no excus, they should of been thrown out an reported to the Gardi.

Knappagh Red
26/04/2008, 7:33 PM
That was bizarre when they announced someones birthday during the game, real Killanaskully. I hope they don't go down this year, those woolybacks are always good for a laugh.

red arrow
26/04/2008, 7:45 PM
just to let everbody know that a meeting took place today re the above antics last night and the lighting of flares and the club has decided to approach the parents of those two guys who went on the pitch at half time to seek payment of the fine. thers is a full recording of the whole event by the people who sell the video images to rte and the culprits are easily identifable. in the event of non payment of the fine these two idiots will be banned by the club for life and rightly so. the matter regarding the flares is just another payment that the club have to make which it can ill afford. the people whoo carry out these despicable acts are just putting the clubfurther and further into financial difficulty. where will they be when the club is badly in need of funds to keep the bit o red afloat

forza rovers
26/04/2008, 8:11 PM
just to let everbody know that a meeting took place today re the above antics last night and the lighting of flares and the club has decided to approach the parents of those two guys who went on the pitch at half time to seek payment of the fine. thers is a full recording of the whole event by the people who sell the video images to rte and the culprits are easily identifable. in the event of non payment of the fine these two idiots will be banned by the club for life and rightly so. the matter regarding the flares is just another payment that the club have to make which it can ill afford. the people whoo carry out these despicable acts are just putting the clubfurther and further into financial difficulty. where will they be when the club is badly in need of funds to keep the bit o red afloatthey will be out funding like they always are.

srfc1928
26/04/2008, 8:23 PM
The two lads that went onto the pitch f**ked up big time. i dont think they realised the special olympics guys were starting to play a match. still no excuse to go onto the pitch and was cringe worthy stuff. Fair play to you Rory for trying to sort it out, the two lads owe you.
if the lads want to be responsible maybe they should contact the club, i dont know either of them but they look over 18 and should be resposible for their actions not their parents.

deecay
26/04/2008, 8:26 PM
just to let everbody know that a meeting took place today re the above antics last night and the lighting of flares and the club has decided to approach the parents of those two guys who went on the pitch at half time to seek payment of the fine. thers is a full recording of the whole event by the people who sell the video images to rte and the culprits are easily identifable. in the event of non payment of the fine these two idiots will be banned by the club for life and rightly so. the matter regarding the flares is just another payment that the club have to make which it can ill afford. the people whoo carry out these despicable acts are just putting the clubfurther and further into financial difficulty. where will they be when the club is badly in need of funds to keep the bit o red afloat
You seem to be a board member,why have the South Sligo SC,the Bit O Red Supporters Trust and Forza Rovers been giveing no recognition for their player sponsership(€600 each)

Also why do certain members of the board give us the fans hugely exaggerated information on what fines we will recive,€2000 fine was said by many members of the board that we would be receiving for the smoke canisters that were let off against Drogs when it was €150-200?

SligoBrewer
26/04/2008, 8:27 PM
the matter regarding the flares is just another payment that the club have to make which it can ill afford. the people whoo carry out these despicable acts are just putting the clubfurther and further into financial difficulty. where will they be when the club is badly in need of funds to keep the bit o red afloat

They pay money to the club.
They buy season tickets, scarves, food, programmes, half time raffle tickets, they help out physically by tiding up the Showgrounds.

Do Rovers want to eliminate our active fanbase?
Do Rovers want to make the Showgrounds a graveyard of silence?

Rovers more than make up the cost of the fines due to the work, money and time put into it by the fans who carry out the 'despicable acts'.

deecay
26/04/2008, 8:32 PM
Stewarding was a disgrace last night,you could have got a garden shed in.A few Rovers Stewards around,seen 2 Harps stewards for 400-500 Rovers fans

avvenalaf
26/04/2008, 8:55 PM
Well, deecay, i've given the matter 35 minutes consideration but i cannot for the life of me figure out why anyone would want to bring a garden shed into Finn Park.

Rory H
26/04/2008, 9:17 PM

don't see why the two lads are forced to pay the fine but the lads who let off flares don't or the person who threw something on the pitch( and was identified) don't have to????????

sligoman
26/04/2008, 9:29 PM
the club has decided to approach the parents of those two guys who went on the pitch at half time to seek payment of the fine.That's hilarious. Both lads are over 18, parents are not responsible for their actions.

Things are being blown way out of proportion, do people really think they ran on to make fun of the special olympics? I mean seriously, that's just stupid. They were drunk, it's no excuse, extremely stupid thing to do but they did not do it because the children had special needs ffs.

Da Real Rover
26/04/2008, 9:29 PM
despicable acts

Ohh for fukc sake........

Da Real Rover
26/04/2008, 9:31 PM
reported to the Gardi.
Some of the posters here should be writing for the herald.

biscuit
27/04/2008, 3:28 AM
RED Arrow, you surely are a bluffer of the highest order. The two lads are 23-24 years of age, so theres no way the club are going to approach their parents. Think before you post that tripe here, most of us on the forum know the boys. The majority of that post was sensationalist, calling it a "dispicable act"...ffs, the boys got drunk, ran on the pitch, acted the dopes...thats it. Stupid? Very much so, but "dispicable"..please. The special needs people were just setting up at the time, there had been no announcement at what was taking place and the lads didnt even acknowledge them they were too steamed to notice. they are going to make a donation themselves as rory said (he should know) and fair play for that, they obviously realise they were stupid. So can we not just draw a line under it? ( and not make things up either;))

red metal
27/04/2008, 8:53 AM
RED Arrow, you surely are a bluffer of the highest order. The two lads are 23-24 years of age, so theres no way the club are going to approach their parents. Think before you post that tripe here, most of us on the forum know the boys. The majority of that post was sensationalist, calling it a "dispicable act"...ffs, the boys got drunk, ran on the pitch, acted the dopes...thats it. Stupid? Very much so, but "dispicable"..please. The special needs people were just setting up at the time, there had been no announcement at what was taking place and the lads didnt even acknowledge them they were too steamed to notice. they are going to make a donation themselves as rory said (he should know) and fair play for that, they obviously realise they were stupid. So can we not just draw a line under it? ( and not make things up either;))

Spot on Biscuit! And if you go drinking today i will be on the phone to your parents!Take it easy god daddy:):)

Rory H
27/04/2008, 9:42 AM
Some people just love to make a big rant and blow things out of proportion. Anyone who honestly thinks they would make fun of special needs kids.......come on.

Shiba
27/04/2008, 9:45 AM
That's hilarious. Both lads are over 18, parents are not responsible for their actions.

Things are being blown way out of proportion, do people really think they ran on to make fun of the special olympics? I mean seriously, that's just stupid. They were drunk, it's no excuse, extremely stupid thing to do but they did not do it because the children had special needs ffs.

For once Sligoman have to agree with you.Totally blown out of proportion.The two lads were drunk these things happen in the past it would have been seen as abit off a laugh.I don't know the lads but I doubt they knew they were special needs people on the pitch.A few comments were made by people round me before people realised the people were special needs.Alot of people would need to get of the bandwagon.If all the rules that are broken during the course of a game by supporters are folloowed by bans fines will be the last thing on the clubs minds,I doubt many of us would be going to games. The only club that should be fine for this is Finn Harps for lack of stewarding even do I would not agree with this either as I seen no hassle at the game to warrant this just some normal banter seen at any normal game.Fines as far as I can see are just afund raising exercise for the muppets in the Fai.I doubt many fines are handed out in europe for flares etc.

Red&White Rover
27/04/2008, 10:33 AM
Back to the game....

Thought It was a good battling performance, and we've again won against the teams around us.

Thought Almeida was super yet again, and Rommy worked very hard as per usual and was unlucky to be substituted. Dunno where we'd be without Raf. He's everywhere, and excellent at really putting teams under pressure when they need to be.

But the biggest positive I find is that now means we've got 10 points out of the Relegation candidates we've played. If we can keep that up, picking up the points where possible, we'll be very comfortable this season.

And I fancy us at home to Shams next week.

sligofan4ever
27/04/2008, 12:05 PM
Yeah i fancy our chances at beating Shams next Saturday if St.Pats beat them tonight and we beat them then we can have a comfortable lead in 5th place atleast so if they losr tonight and next week we'll be 4 points clear of them or would it be more ?

sligofan4ever
27/04/2008, 12:30 PM
look at the table and find out

right 4 points clear depending shams next 2 games I also fancy our chances of getting into 4th place if we win our next 2 games aswell

CameramanConka
27/04/2008, 2:42 PM

Errrmmm, no there isn't :confused:

sligoman
27/04/2008, 2:53 PM
thers is a full recording of the whole event by the people who sell the video images to rte
Errrmmm, no there isn't :confused:Management Committee in false statement shocker:eek:

clubman
27/04/2008, 4:14 PM
Management Committee in false statement shocker:eek:

Red Arrow not a member of Sligo Rovers Management Committee

Knappagh Red
27/04/2008, 4:50 PM
He sells half time raffle tickets so he's close enough

red arrow
27/04/2008, 5:34 PM
i was informed on way out from finn park thatthe two culprits have being identified and that action is being taken in the form of notifying their parents. i was also told that ameeting was to take place on the sat morning regarding incidents like this that have cost the club fines in the past. i am not a menber of the management committe but do sell half time raffle tickets among other duties that i carry out on behalf of sligo rovers. if these guys are true supporters maybe thay should own up and apologise to the club and pay the fine when it is announced. i have no say whatsoever in what is going to happen to these guys but i have being informed that action is going to be taken

Rovers1
27/04/2008, 6:49 PM
i was informed on way out from finn park thatthe two culprits have being identified and that action is being taken in the form of notifying their parents.

what the hell is telling their parents gonna do? youd swear we were in primary school! faie enough the lads shouldnt have done is but, should the blame not partly go Harps side, they had no stewarding our side, the only steards there were Mr's. Burke, Carney and McClout. bit of a shambles us havin to bring our own MC members up to steward at an away game!

forza rovers
27/04/2008, 6:52 PM
what the hell is telling their parents gonna do? youd swear we were in primary school! faie enough the lads shouldnt have done is but, should the blame not partly go Harps side, they had no stewarding our side, the only steards there were Mr's. Burke, Carney and McClout. bit of a shambles us havin to bring our own MC members up to steward at an away game!he was in the stand and ran across at half time.

Rovers1
27/04/2008, 7:03 PM
he was in the stand and ran across at half time.

came over to shout at them and make it look like he was doin something...:mad:

forza rovers
27/04/2008, 7:04 PM
came over to shout at them and make it look like he was doin something...:mad:such a plank:mad: