PDA

View Full Version : Bill George appeals for calm

razor
25/07/2003, 1:10 PM
Out of De Examiner

"One only hope the 'boo-boys' will enter into the spirit of the occasion by abandoning their heckling of former Cork player Ollie Cahill and afford a player who gave Cork great service the respect he deserves "

Some chance Billy !!!

liamon
25/07/2003, 3:02 PM
I'm sure the fans will give him exactly what he deserves.

ccfc till i die
25/07/2003, 3:27 PM
Wouldn't it annoy him more if we completely ignored him. We all know he has an ego.

Troy.McClure
25/07/2003, 3:32 PM
It annoys him even more when we get on his back though! :D

Ohhhhhhhhhh Ollie Ollie, you went to play for $hels and you won fook all!

Give me a J
Give me a U

tiktok
25/07/2003, 4:43 PM
Originally posted by razor
"One only hope the 'boo-boys' will enter into the spirit of the occasion by abandoning their heckling of former Cork player Ollie Cahill and afford a player who gave Cork great service the respect he deserves "

One only hope the 'boo-boys' will enter into the spirit of the occasion by abandoning their heckling of Cork player George O'Callaghan and afford a player who gives Cork great service the respect he deserves

any chance Billy George would write this instead.....

The Donie Forde
25/07/2003, 4:52 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
One only hope the 'boo-boys' will enter into the spirit of the occasion by abandoning their heckling of Cork player George O'Callaghan and afford a player who gives Cork great service the respect he deserves

any chance Billy George would write this instead.....

In fairness to Bill, he may unaware of it. He has highlighted player abuse in the past. Also, the Ollie thing is much more co-ordinated and involves more people being getting in on the abuse; everyone in the ground can hear it when it starts...
The (over the top) GOC heckling/abuse, on the other hand, appears to come from a scattering of individuals rather than a chanting group. I would suggest most Sheddies, for instance, are only aware of it (if at all) because they've read it here or have spoken to posters from foot.ie.

Donie

tiktok
25/07/2003, 4:58 PM
yeah, fair enough, i guess it might not be too widely known, although george was asked about it on RedFM so that might change soon enough.

it wasn't meant as a go at the writer though. just that if he's willing to highlight abuse of ollie he might be willing to do the same for the abuse at George.

pete
25/07/2003, 6:47 PM
The heckling of Ollie Cahill, & thats all it can be aclled really does not get personal & Ollie should realise it meerly to put him off & help city win - has surprisingly worked in putting him off if not actually achieving a win on a couple of accasions.

Sure even Dave Hill got heckling at the cross, as long as nbot personal thertes no harm in for professional players.

fonzi
25/07/2003, 9:11 PM
threyll win the league and hell have the last laugh.
get with it.