PDA

View Full Version : Bohs Champions league formality

Ali-G
25/07/2003, 12:34 PM
Bohs are a banker for the group stages of the Champions League, I reckon. All they have to do is overcome Roseberg, then they have the formality of beating Deportivo La Coruna to get to the group stage.
easy peasy

Neil
25/07/2003, 12:37 PM
Nice money is they get past Rosenburg.
Spanish TV would surely be showing that game.
There's talk of Eurosport wanting the Bohs - Rosenburg game...

Peadar
25/07/2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Neil

Is there any talk of an Irish TV station showing the game?
I'll be at it so I'm not bothered but it would be sorry state of affairs if the Irish representative in the Champions League taking on a household name like Rosenborg couldn't be broadcast on National TV.
Deportivo de la Coruna are a class side.
Could it be us next year drawing the big teams?
Get your finger out Dolan!

Neil
25/07/2003, 12:48 PM
RTE said they wouldn't be showing it.
TV3 haven't said anything.

it's a joke alright

max power
25/07/2003, 12:52 PM
if tv3 can't be bothered to send a camera two miles down the road to richmond park they are hardly going to go all the way to dalymount, knowing the level of cop on in that place they would get lost in a phone box

Peadar
25/07/2003, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by the dj
if tv3 can't be bothered to send a camera two miles down the road to richmond park they are hardly going to go all the way to dalymount

TV3 had cameras at Dalymount for the last game but that was just for the highlights on the sports news.
For a live game they'd need to cover more angles than just the halfway line. It would probably be in Bohs' best interest if they sold the rights to a foreign TV company though.

Peadar
25/07/2003, 1:30 PM
I'm not very well up on the Spanish language but does it say in this article (http://www.canaldeportivo.com/servlet/es.iris.servlets.Noticias?accion=4&ver=1&nid=6649&mid=12) that Bohs are from Northern Ireland?
The Bohs wont be impressed with that!

Shelsman
25/07/2003, 1:57 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Nice money is they get past Rosenburg.
Spanish TV would surely be showing that game.

Not only that but if they got to the third qualifying round and lost, they would automatically go into the UEFA Cup, so beating Rosenborg would mean at least another 2 ties / 4 European matches!

I'd be surprised if Eurosport didn't show the game as they have been generally good in recent years in that regard.

pete
25/07/2003, 3:15 PM
IMO its a national disgrace that our national broadcaster is not showing the Bohs game live!

Where are all those people who were moaning from every RTE outlet about no International match on terristial tv???

Shelsman
28/07/2003, 1:58 PM
I had a look at the Eurosport website and there's no mention of the Bohs game. See schedule below:

09:30 Football
Milk Cup Ireland

10:30 Athletics
European Championship Tampere
Junior

11:30 Athletics
European Championship Bydgoszc
Under 23

12:30 Football
European Women's Under-19 Championship Germany
Germany - England

14:00 Football
Friendly Match
Hertha Berlin - Galatasaray

16:00 Football
Friendly Match
Inter Milano vs Vfb Stuttgart

18:00 Football
UEFA Cup Intertoto
HNK Scibalia vs Wolfsburg

20:00 Football
Friendly Match
SCHUMACHER S FRIENDS

Surely if they can show the f*cking Milk Cup they can manage the Bohs game? Hopefully Schumacher and his buddie will be making way for DE BOWEZ.

Peadar
29/07/2003, 4:36 PM
Originally posted by pete
IMO its a national disgrace that our national broadcaster is not showing the Bohs game live!

They are showing it live on Network 2...