PDA

View Full Version : Greg O'Halloran Interview

The Donie Forde
25/07/2003, 10:20 AM
Top drawer interview with Greg in this evening's City Edition, by your own, your very own Joe.
Worth getting the programme for this alone. Fair play to Joe!

Donie

The Donie Forde
25/07/2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1
Great to see what the fans want being put into the programme!

How about an interview with George in the Derry programme? Would be interesting and get people off his back etc..

Yes, the fans want it - but will any more of them buy it? :)

It's a biggie, too, about 2.5K words...

I think Joe has another player lined up for the Derry game, not George. Agree though that GOC would make an interesting - and topical - subject.

Donie

The Donie Forde
25/07/2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1
try and get a George one lined up! We have to put an end to this abuse crap he is getting or else we will lose him....our greatest player like.

As they say on Radio 1, 'Talk to Joe'...

On the abuse thing, here's my take - for what it's worth. I'm against verbal abuse, full stop. However, I feel that there is a colossal hypocrisy on these boards re: The George Thing. Remember, I don't believe he should be abused, ok, so stick with my point a wee while...

It just seems to me that there are people here who believe he should't get abuse, but at the same time many of them (go back over their posts if you have the time...!) gave dog's abuse to Hartigan, Morley, Murphy etc

My point is this: people who have willingly abused CERTAIN players over a sustained period and then get uppity when CERTAIN OTHER players get abused are little more than off-kilter moralists. Like, we can abuse X because IN OUR OPINION he's crap. However, you can't abuse Y because IN OUR OPINION he's great.

You must either accept that everyone has the right to abuse players as they see fit, or, nobody has the right to do so. My opinion, call it prudish if you wish, is that nobody should get slated the way certain City players/managers have in the past - or GOC is at present. But, hey, let's cut out all the hypocrisy out of the issue. It's a bit embarrassing at this stage...

Donie

niamh
25/07/2003, 11:10 AM
Good idea to have quality interviews in the programme.

Peadar
25/07/2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
Sorry about that double post earlier up the thread

Donie, click "Edit" under your duplicate post, then select the checkbox to delete the post and click the "Delete Now" button.

The Donie Forde
25/07/2003, 1:00 PM
Tanx, Peadar! All these years and I never even noticed the edit button :o
What it is to be dim...

Donie

tiktok
25/07/2003, 5:05 PM
Good Stuff, hope it turns into a series, things like interviews with the players is the kind of things people will really want to read.

The Donie Forde
26/07/2003, 9:23 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
Good Stuff, hope it turns into a series, things like interviews with the players is the kind of things people will really want to read.

(on Joe's behalf...!) Thanks, tiktok.

We'd be grateful for any feedback on this or other features in the programme. Be cool if they were thought out a little, tho, rather than just 'great' or 'rubbish'...

Donie

patsh
26/07/2003, 9:51 AM
Excellent program last night.
Great interview with Greg and great memories of a wet and wonderful day at Flower Lodge.
Well done lads, a superb effort.

Ali-G
28/07/2003, 10:57 AM
I bought the program last night coz I heard there would be an interview with Greg

The article was excellent. It is refreshing to see such an honest opinion. If there was one of them every week, I would definitely buy the program. But I think it was Greg's honesty that made it interesting, the thing about the throw-in up in longford is priceless. Keep up the good work.

eoinh
28/07/2003, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
As they say on Radio 1, 'Talk to Joe'...

On the abuse thing, here's my take - for what it's worth. I'm against verbal abuse, full stop. However, I feel that there is a colossal hypocrisy on these boards re: The George Thing. Remember, I don't believe he should be abused, ok, so stick with my point a wee while...

It just seems to me that there are people here who believe he should't get abuse, but at the same time many of them (go back over their posts if you have the time...!) gave dog's abuse to Hartigan, Morley, Murphy etc

My point is this: people who have willingly abused CERTAIN players over a sustained period and then get uppity when CERTAIN OTHER players get abused are little more than off-kilter moralists. Like, we can abuse X because IN OUR OPINION he's crap. However, you can't abuse Y because IN OUR OPINION he's great.

You must either accept that everyone has the right to abuse players as they see fit, or, nobody has the right to do so. My opinion, call it prudish if you wish, is that nobody should get slated the way certain City players/managers have in the past - or GOC is at present. But, hey, let's cut out all the hypocrisy out of the issue. It's a bit embarrassing at this stage...

Donie

Yes, agree totally.

eoinh
28/07/2003, 11:18 AM
Yeah it was a great interview. It would put most newspaper articles into the shade.

top drawer stuff.

NorthoftheLee
28/07/2003, 12:00 PM
fair play to you Joe, excellent interview.....

One of them for each of the first team wouldnt go astray.

razor
28/07/2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by patsh
Excellent program last night.
Great interview with Greg and great memories of a wet and wonderful day at Flower Lodge.
Well done lads, a superb effort.

Totally Agree, don't know about anyone else but my programme shrunk. !!;)

yiddo
31/07/2003, 12:33 PM
Missed the game last Friday and only got hold of the programme yesterday. Great interview with Greg. Very honest and gave a good insight into what goes on off the field.
As one who doubted the value of player interviews on this board before I am glad to be proved wrong.
Well done Joe, Donie and all the programme, sorry match day magazine crew. ;)
Keep up the good work.

pete
31/07/2003, 3:27 PM
Only got to see the programme myself on tuesday.

Great interview, warts 'n all & good insight into Gregs character.

btw the matchday programme/magazine is really good this year & so much better than anthing else in the league! Rovers & Bohs european programmes were not even in the same class as City Edition!

The Donie Forde
31/07/2003, 4:48 PM
Originally posted by pete
Only got to see the programme myself on tuesday.

Great interview, warts 'n all & good insight into Gregs character.

btw the matchday programme/magazine is really good this year & so much better than anthing else in the league! Rovers & Bohs european programmes were not even in the same class as City Edition!

Thanks for that, pete! Greg's was a very honest interview IMO, no the usual anodyne nonsense regularly trotted by players/managers/chairman in de papers.

We've made a quantum leap at the production end of things on the programme this season, no doubt about that. If City fans are pleased about it that's great.
However, for it to remain at the level it's now at - full colour, quality production - it does need to be better supported by the fans. It's expensive to produce and does require an increased sale to keep it afloat. It has only gone up by 50c on last year's effort, that's hardly gonna bankrupt anyone to be fair. It is much better value for money, IMO, than previous home programmes. We'll have to look at things at the end of the season to consider if it's worth doing again.
I would particularly urge those who don't normally get a prog to make a start tomorrow night - you might be pleasantly surprised and you will be directly contributing to Cork City FC.

Thanks also to everyone who entered for the Ireland-Russia tickets competition and the comments attached to your entry forms. All duly noted! You still have a chance to enter tomorrow evening...

Donie

Éanna
31/07/2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
fair play to you Joe, excellent interview.....

One of them for each of the first team wouldnt go astray.
agreed. though painting pitches blue?! What's the fella on!!!!
:D :D