PDA

View Full Version : Seagulls 25/04

MyTown
24/04/2008, 11:56 AM
Best of luck to Jeff & the players in their first outing together.

He says he'll pick the team & take Billy's views into consideration. Interesting. It'll probably be easy enough to predict with suspensions etc.

For me Fenn deserves to start in the middle based on his performance in Sligo

Let's hope they give the visitors a really hard time and are mindful of Cawley's set pieces.

(Now where's Cantona's unintelligible quote about seagulls following trawlers when I need it.:p)

Come on United - Let's give them hell.

eamo1
24/04/2008, 1:04 PM
I'm really looking forward to this game.However,I know hes only had them a week and wont have his style in place yet so dont be expecting a dramatic turnaround.Its only Wes who is out,isnt it??Russell should be back i think.

gufct
24/04/2008, 1:18 PM
http://www.galwayunitedfc.ie/match-previews/team-news-united-v-bray.html.

The Team id have subject to Regi & Stevo being ok.

Rodgers
Regi
Fitzy
Lester
McCulloch
O'Shea
Deeagan
Fenn
O'Brien
Glynn
Flynn

Leech did ok in Sligo but Stevo was nowhere near full fitness so is have no problem with Mark and Glynn.If Regi doesnt make it Seamus Conneely could make his first start.

Is Fergal Left as someone has it on gufcnet that hes gone.

Tir Oilean
24/04/2008, 2:34 PM
Think the club should appeal Wes' straight red 5 games for that is just ridiculous IMO He only tickled him FFS.

WoodquayBoy
24/04/2008, 2:58 PM
Think the club should appeal Wes' straight red 5 games for that is just ridiculous IMO He only tickled him FFS.

FIVE games!!!!! Where did you hear that?
If Wes, Russell and Robson are only ones missing, team I'd have is:
Rouse
Keane Fitzgerald Lester McCulloch
O'Shea Deegan Fenn O'Brien
O'Flynn Molloy

Controversial, but think Molloy deserves a run. Would also consider bringing in Shay Conneely and Jon Keane

gufct
24/04/2008, 3:18 PM

It would be 3 games max unless he shot him;)

WoodquayBoy
24/04/2008, 3:24 PM
Well, judging by the highlights on MNS, he acted as if he not only shot him but beat him up and set him on fire as well

Tribesman
24/04/2008, 3:48 PM
If Wes gets three games here he is very unlucky. Crazy sending off by a match official that always seems to panic. Would have thought this red card would have been appealed.

Murphy's reaction should have warranted himself a caution.

Maroon 7
24/04/2008, 5:44 PM
Hopeful but not confident of a win here.

Bray are not a great side but we have been pretty poor so far even though some of the performances at home have been better than the actual result. If we can stop conceding ridiculously soft goals we should take something from the game but even at this early stage it looks like a game where we need all 3 points from.

Tir Oilean
24/04/2008, 11:16 PM
Sorry for any distress caused by de typo Woodquay Boy!

eamo1
24/04/2008, 11:19 PM
Thought it showed in the highlights that Wes was booked for getting involved in the afters of 2 players tangling over by the corner flag.Either way its a ridiculous decision,one of many this season.

pixiehead
25/04/2008, 4:58 AM
Thought it showed in the highlights that Wes was booked for getting involved in the afters of 2 players tangling over by the corner flag.Either way its a ridiculous decision,one of many this season.

Ya your right he was
Best of luck tonite. Hope everyone gets behind the team. Im sure there will be a few extra in the ground tonite. I hope everyone has patience and any muppets roaring abuse gets a slap round the lug!!!
C'mon United

gufct
25/04/2008, 2:03 PM
looks like this flu is ruling me out as well,Been in bed all week.Good luck tonight Jeff any positive result might get some people back in the fold.Lets see everyone behind the lads and leave the last pint and get up there early.

Mr A
25/04/2008, 2:41 PM
Kenna must go.

Just thought I'd be first to say it.

gufct
25/04/2008, 3:23 PM
and hopefully the last.We need all the supporters to be together and move on let us bother about ourselves and f**k the begrudgers.

Jemmy
25/04/2008, 3:27 PM
Would galway fans be happy with a 0-) tonite ?

i would have thought that this is a must win -

You will struggle to win at home against the likes of Bohs & pats etc so would have thought home against bray has to be down as an absolute 3 pointer

Jemmy
25/04/2008, 3:28 PM
meant 0-0 obviously

foxx92
25/04/2008, 4:06 PM
well any team able to double their points after 7 games would be happy with that. still a 1-0 win would br a great start. Hopefully a big crowd for tonite best of luck to Jeff!