PDA

View Full Version : George O'Callaghan on Red FM

applehunter
24/07/2003, 8:26 PM
On the news today George spoke out about the abuse he is receiving at Turners Cross from the "BOO BOYS"

He spoke about how he knew it was going on and how it was a pity because his family go to the games. He also said he will " See what happens at the end of the season"

Looks like the Boo Boys will get their wish.

Colm
24/07/2003, 8:33 PM
Something has got to be done about these idiots alright, the abuse George is getting is totally unwarranted.
I'll tell ya, if we lose George because of these muppets I'll sort them out myself.:mad:

RedX
24/07/2003, 8:49 PM
I have already spoken on this subject and dont want to repeat myself but i am a big fan of George and i think he is one of the best players in the league.The ideal way to describe George is that he is the new type of eircom league player and is the future of this league.I would be digusted and i mean seriously disgusted if these people or and member of management left him go,especially to another club in this country.He is a Corkman and he is proud to be one and this is his home.Tomorrow night i will shout his name louder than before in support.There should be a banner or flag made to show all our support if we are serious also...

ITS TIME FOR THE CLUB TO ACT AGAINST THESE PAOPLE IN THE STAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Éanna
24/07/2003, 9:04 PM
something must be done about this crap. We need a banner. We also need the clubs to act against these morons.

yiddo
24/07/2003, 10:11 PM
George is one of the most exciting players to have played in Cork in the last 30 years. He can turn a game in an instant. Aside from his great skill on the ball one of his greatest atributes is that he never hides. He always wants the ball. Do Georgie's critics remember when Ollie went missing for a couple of seasons? When Billy Woods dissappeared for most of last season? Even on the rare times that George isn't playing well he keeps trying and looking for the ball. Ever heard the old saying "The man who never made a mistake, never made anything" ?
Unfortunately with his white boots and flamboyant attitude George is an easy target for the boo boys. Maybe they'll be happy if George fecks off at the end of the year and we can replace him with Damien O'Connell, Len Downey or maybe Non scoring Noelie Hartigan.
George keep your head up and don't let the b*stards grind you down. To parapharse our former manager now technical director "THEY (the boo boys) KNOW NOTHING":D

Schunter Netz
24/07/2003, 10:22 PM
As one of the many who e-mailed the club about the whingers, I have been assured by the club that this will be sorted out tomorrow night. So a bit of patience from the rest of us is probably required. By all means lets get behind George, but lets not give the pathetic few any sense of righteousness by over-reacting. Leave it in official hands for now, and hopefully the whingers will be silent and disgraced or, better still, GONE by the end of tomorrow's game. Another glorious late winner from George would be icing on the cake.

Schunter Netz
24/07/2003, 10:27 PM
Oh...and on the matter of non-scoring Noel Hartigan, I saw with my own eyes as he scored a goal in Garryduff a few weeks ago...playing for the RETIRED team of Tom Barrys pub against the current outfit. The current outfit won 4-3, for those who care, but I've seen Noel play better!

Gary
24/07/2003, 10:31 PM
People should laugh and jeer these fools.

Everytime they make a comment against our Georgie, make a comment about how great he is.

or just repeat what they said in your most sarcastic tone.

make them uncomfortable. Be OTT in your praise.

be loud in your praise.

Make sure George knows that we want him as a city player.

Make sure those other fools dont win.

George O Callaghan Tra lalala

Dricky
25/07/2003, 8:13 AM
Make some noise drown them out.

A few guys Drums and flag, that will bring them unwelcome attention. Get a group to stand near them any time they open their mouths start signing and shouting drown them out. What can they do about it.

dahamsta
25/07/2003, 8:37 AM
Three posts in a line in nine minutes, well done corkcityfan1, that's a new post count whore record. Any chance you could hold off until you're actually ready to post the next time? ;)

adam

ccfc till i die
25/07/2003, 12:25 PM
I'm getting pretty pi*sed off with the anti-George stuff. I need to have a go at these people. If any of the 4-5-1 lads are reading this is there any chance I could write a scathing criticism of them in your fine publication.

PM me on citynet if that would be possible, I have the exact same username there:)

razor
25/07/2003, 12:53 PM
I stand in the Shed and have never heard an anti George ramblings.

Are these unique to the Donie Forde ?

Though he can be frustrating at times, he is without a doubt the most talented footballer in the league.

Gary
25/07/2003, 3:10 PM
Look at the W@nkers are at it again thread Razor, its not confined to aul fools in the Stand. Idiot young fellas as well, who just need something to bitch at.

pete
25/07/2003, 4:21 PM
City support at the cross seems far too long to be associated with jeering our own.

IMO this is a wider issue than the George boo-boys & time for a FourFiveOne "Support your own" or something poster.

This shouldn't just be a matter about one particular player but part of a wider campaign to get people to support & encourage their own players.

SSS
25/07/2003, 9:59 PM
George was phenomenal tonight, especially in the first half.
Gotta commend the variety with the free kicks aswell..

Looked like he was carrying an injury late on too.

Cityace
27/07/2003, 4:25 PM
Originally posted by GWA
People should laugh and jeer these fools.

Everytime they make a comment against our Georgie, make a comment about how great he is.

or just repeat what they said in your most sarcastic tone.

make them uncomfortable. Be OTT in your praise.

be loud in your praise.

Make sure George knows that we want him as a city player.

Make sure those other fools dont win.

George O Callaghan Tra lalala

We cant really hear them though cos there not singing or anything, there shouting individual comments.