PDA

View Full Version : Drogs New Ground

A face
23/04/2008, 9:17 PM
What is the latest on this (http://www.meath.ie/ePlan40/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=SA70455&LASiteID=0) lads? There is a decision to be made soon yeah?

micls
23/04/2008, 9:18 PM
What is the latest on this (http://www.meath.ie/ePlan40/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=SA70455&LASiteID=0) lads? There is a decision to be made soon yeah?

Tomorrow

Ger Fay
25/04/2008, 11:50 AM
http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/Publications/PlanningandDevelopmentPublications/CountyMeathPlanningPublications/CountyMeathDevelopmentPlan2007-2013-Adopted/CountyMeathDevPlan2007-2013Variations/File,31291,en.pdf

Looking good now however final decision not now until june.

pete
25/04/2008, 11:56 AM
http://www.meath.ie/LocalAuthorities/Publications/PlanningandDevelopmentPublications/CountyMeathPlanningPublications/CountyMeathDevelopmentPlan2007-2013-Adopted/CountyMeathDevPlan2007-2013Variations/File,31291,en.pdf

Looking good now however final decision not now until june.

Did they not have a period of written submission already? What is the difference with this phase? :confused:

SeanDrog
25/04/2008, 12:45 PM
When I applied for my house planning , people could make submissions (and some did) then when I received permission people were given another 4 weeks to make more submissions (basically appeals) for evaluation before the final final rubber stamping - I can only assume this is the same for the above.

pete
25/04/2008, 2:33 PM
When I applied for my house planning , people could make submissions (and some did) then when I received permission people were given another 4 weeks to make more submissions (basically appeals) for evaluation before the final final rubber stamping - I can only assume this is the same for the above.

Is the "appeals" time allowed because changes may have been made to original application for permission to be allowed?

SeanDrog
25/04/2008, 5:43 PM
no, the optin to appeal is standard, if you do appeal it goes to An Bord Pleannala for a decision - effectively out of the county councils hands at that stage - if it goes to that then it can take , I think, potentially another eight months (thankfully no one appeals my permisson so I'm not 100% certain of the process at that stage).

A face
26/04/2008, 12:35 AM
no, the optin to appeal is standard, if you do appeal it goes to An Bord Pleannala for a decision - effectively out of the county councils hands at that stage - if it goes to that then it can take , I think, potentially another eight months (thankfully no one appeals my permisson so I'm not 100% certain of the process at that stage).

Am i right in saying that if it goes this far that the decision is final and if it elapses then it cannot be requested again? Unrelated in this case but is that right?

SeanDrog
29/04/2008, 8:07 AM
Maybe a stadium is different but for a house it goes as follows

Put in application - meant to have an answer in 8 weeks but the council can request further info on the application, which can end in the 8 wks being extended. In the first few weeks of the application people can make submissions supporting or objecting the application.

The council then rejects or accepts the application.

There is then a 4 week period for people to appeal the rejection or object the granting of the permission - typically only people who made a submission in the first few weeks can take these steps (few minor exceptions). (If I am reading it right this is where Drogehda currently are)

If there are no submissions within the 4 weeks after the council decision then that is that and you can build (has to be completed within 5 years)

These appeals then go to Bord Pleannala for a decision, this can take 8 months.

Now a person, if they have the cash, can still go to the high court if they also lose in the decision of An Bord Pleannala but its costly.

The fact is that many objecters use these mechanisms as a war of attrition, they know that eventually a proper planning application will be granted and they want to delay it and wear people down and in building delays equal money and the end result is that it may be easier to make a payment to an objecter than absorb potental delay costs waiting on An Bord Pleannala and a poss. High court challenge.