PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Mullen

sligored
22/04/2008, 12:37 PM
Lucky Walsall have the chance of benefitting from the tactical brilliance of a legendary ex rovers manager - lucky them

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport

Walsall manager Richard Money has resigned after the Saddlers were ruled out of the League One play-off running.

Money took over as manager in May 2006, following their relegation to League Two and led them to the title and promotion in his first season.

He told the club website: "I believe that this decision is in the best interests of both myself and the club.

"The timing of my departure will give the club the maximum opportunity to bring in a new manager."

We would like to place on record our appreciation for the work he has undertaken

Walsall chairman Jeff Bonser

Saddlers chairman Jeff Bonser said: "He came to the club at a very difficult time. Our playing fortunes were at a low ebb.

"During these past two years, he has led the club to the League Two championship and to a position just outside the League One play-off positions, a very impressive achievement.

"We would like to place on record our appreciation for the work he has undertaken, and to wish him well for the future."

Assistant manager Jimmy Mullen takes temporary charge

Boo_Boy
22/04/2008, 12:56 PM
Direct Link (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/w/walsall/7360776.stm)

Martinho II
22/04/2008, 5:57 PM
is it really ten years since jimmy mullen managed sligo rovers??

Rovers1
22/04/2008, 6:03 PM

memories of those college days Marty? easy women and cheap drink!?

wouldnt get that in a fine place like Longford! ;)

Boo_Boy
22/04/2008, 7:26 PM

mid life crisis?

i bet you're looking in the mirror now and saying 'where did it all go?'

:D

Rovers1
22/04/2008, 8:49 PM
mid life crisis?

believe you me Boo Boy, thats one thing Marty would NOT be doin ;)

Martinho II
23/04/2008, 8:49 PM
memories of those college days Marty? easy women and cheap drink!?

wouldnt get that in a fine place like Longford! ;)

dont know bout the college days rovers1! the women were hard to get! mind u the drink was top notch! if only I could relive my college days again...:cool:

Martinho II
23/04/2008, 8:50 PM
mid life crisis?

oh god now boo boy Im panicking like mad now.. Im 32 for f**ck sake!:rolleyes:

Martinho II
23/04/2008, 8:51 PM
[QUOTE=Rovers1;926848]believe you me Boo Boy, thats one thing Marty would NOT be doin ;)[/QUOTE)

in my eyes rovers1 im still like peter pan!:cool:

deecay
23/04/2008, 8:52 PM
oh god now boo boy Im panicking like mad now.. Im 32 for f**ck sake!:rolleyes:
You f*****g tell him

Rovers1
23/04/2008, 8:53 PM
dont know bout the college days rovers1! the women were hard to get! mind u the drink was top notch! if only I could relive my college days again...:cool:

theres always mature student courses..go on Marty, you can live with Sligoman, tell him i sent ya ;)

Martinho II
24/04/2008, 6:43 PM
theres always mature student courses..go on Marty, you can live with Sligoman, tell him i sent ya ;)

go rovers1 tell him for me!:D

Rovers1
24/04/2008, 7:49 PM
go rovers1 tell him for me!:D

Sligoman..........

sligoman
25/04/2008, 9:06 AM
Sligoman..........Would he not be better living with you and car pooling? Saying as you'd be going in every day like:)

Boo_Boy
22/05/2008, 1:53 PM
Jimmy is now the Manager of Walsall

Rovers1
22/05/2008, 4:20 PM
Would he not be better living with you and car pooling? Saying as you'd be going in every day like:)

thats a terrible idea :mad:

biscuit
22/05/2008, 4:30 PM
thats a terrible idea :mad:

Jimmy is now the Manager of Walsall

so is that :p:D

avvenalaf
22/05/2008, 5:49 PM
Jimmy was/is one of the best coaches around and if he has dealt with his drinking problem, Walsall have scored a direct hit with this appointment. He is still a deity for what he achieved at Burnley and we should wish him well.

Boo_Boy
22/05/2008, 6:35 PM
Jimmy was/is one of the best coaches around and if he has dealt with his drinking problem, Walsall have scored a direct hit with this appointment. He is still a deity for what he achieved at Burnley and we should wish him well.

i certainly do, i remember meeting him when i was about 18, lovely fella

srfc1928
22/05/2008, 10:41 PM
Delighted for Jimmy.
Hope he is a huge sucess.

srfc1928
22/05/2008, 10:51 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/w/walsall/7415105.stm