PDA

View Full Version : MANAGERS: - Average Length of Stay

MyTown
22/04/2008, 11:45 AM
Jeff's appointment sent me digging up the stats as to how long he's got :(

The average stay of a manager at our club is 2 years, 3 months.

Averages are always dangerous, so be careful if you quote this. Tony Mannion has aggregated almost 10 years in his three spells in charge, while Dave Connell lasted 3 months. I excluded caretakers such as Tom Lally, Chick & Billy from the average calculation.

As Jeff has a good international pedigree as a player, I checked for the longest serving fully capped international & that is John Herrick who did two spells of 4 years continuously followed by a shorter 4 month stint later.

Interestingly (to me at least), Wikipedia is updated already to show Jeff as our manager, while it also lists Mick Cooke as a former manager, while the official club website does not credit him with being in charge. Mind you Wiki also has Tommy Callaghan's nationality as Irish. I'm 99% certain he was a Scot.

Anyway, lets hope Jeff manages at least the average stay if not longer and let's hope a few smiles get put back on Galway faces.:)

Tir Oilean
22/04/2008, 1:55 PM
Interesting reading MyTown now back to work!!!!:D:D

I note Jeff has signed a three year deal. Thats showing confidence in the mans ability.

Mr A
22/04/2008, 2:14 PM
But it can be reviewed by either party after this season....