PDA

View Full Version : Well done Bohs

gspain
24/07/2003, 7:49 AM
Great performance by Bohs they did themselves, our league and our country proud.

Great night - great atmosphere and trust a Limerick man to get the key goal.

citylove
24/07/2003, 8:10 AM
The match was very good....I thought Bohs played Bate off the park. I felt Bate couldn't handle the pressure game that Bohs had, Bohs never gave them an inch of space...There was some great football been played and all for 5 euro (Thanks to the auld reliable student card!!).

NorthoftheLee
24/07/2003, 8:22 AM
fair play to BOHs...great result...done the league proud.....now go hammer the norwegians!!!

parnell ranger
24/07/2003, 9:40 AM
Great result for irish football.
hope the tie in rosenberg is televised.:D

Neil
24/07/2003, 9:46 AM
Well done Bohs...

A face
24/07/2003, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by parnell ranger
hope the tie in rosenberg is televised.:D

Dont count on it ... It is still RTE and they are still cráp, no change there.

Dodge
24/07/2003, 10:37 AM
Hope its not televised. if they lose it'll just add fuel to the barstooler's fire...

Anyone remember Shels last year?

Estar
24/07/2003, 10:54 AM
I was at the Shels v Ruuusenburg Campions League match a couple of years ago, ground was a sell out and Eurosport showed it live.

Schumi
24/07/2003, 1:26 PM
But remeber when Bohs game against Aberdeen was televised, a brilliant result for the league, was surprised to be sitting on the sofa fervently hoping Bohs would hold on, much to the shock of the rest of my family :D

pete
24/07/2003, 5:21 PM
Good win by Bohs & not flattering as they scored the goals when needed & negated the challenge of BATE. To see Bohs easily win 3-0 just goes to show how competitive the eL is as they wpould struggle to beat any Premier team (waaaaterford aside) 3-0 at home.

Another 0.3333 ranking points for the league ;)

Rosenborg should definitely be televised live by RTE. They were given their licence fee increase & seem to have squandered on large pay increases for Kenny & Co - interesting to see RTE being quized by the government recently about all their new management perks & first class flight expense.

:eek:

foureyes
24/07/2003, 10:32 PM
Did RTE get the champions league rights back from tv3? Im not sure this applies for qualifiers in any case but wouldnt it make more sense for tv3 to show it since they show EL highlights as it is.

I've just had a flashback to waiting all night for the away city goals on Sunday Sport on rte only to find they wouldnt show them, putting ****ing show jumping or something on instead. Dark days.

Schumi
25/07/2003, 2:15 PM
TV3 and RTE have rights to opposite days of CL games this year I think (one has Tuesday games and the other has Wednesday games). That doesn't count for the qualifying rounds anyway so either/both of them could show it.

d13bohs
26/07/2003, 12:16 PM
But neither of them will :rolleyes:

No word from Eurpsport yet about what match they are showing