PDA

View Full Version : Galway Disciplinary Problems for New Manager!!

mediahack
21/04/2008, 7:29 PM
Just picked this up.........

Galway United has fined two of its players and banned a supporter from the club for life following a number of incidents.

Both players have been fined one week's wages, one for making an unacceptable gesture to supporters at the game against Sligo Rovers and the other for an abusive contribution to a website.

Both players have also received verbal warnings.

The two players have apologised to the club and its supporters.

One supporter has been banned from the club for life and the behaviour of supporters will be closely monitored following the unacceptable behaviour of a minority of fans.

Galway United FC will not be commenting further on this matter.

What was all this about!!!!

Kenna has plenty to do eh!

Maroon 7
21/04/2008, 7:32 PM
Leech made the gesture anyway.

Don't know what the website business is about.

sligoman
21/04/2008, 7:32 PM
What was all this about!!!!Leech made the gesture as has been discussed. The player who made the contribution is known to some but I'm not saying his name just in case.

Guy that got the ban has to be Mr. Burberry?

Great to see Galway act so efficiently.

mediahack
21/04/2008, 7:37 PM
Leech made the gesture as has been discussed. The player who made the contribution is known to some but I'm not saying his name just in case.

Guy that got the ban has to be Mr. Burberry?

Great to see Galway act so efficiently.

What did Mr Burberry do? Wear Prada!!!!

gilberto_eire
21/04/2008, 7:39 PM
Leech made the gesture anyway.

Don't know what the website business is about.

Won't say his name but a dublin player for us went on GUFC.NET at 4am that night and called us a ''bunch of *****s'' and said ''again will ye **** off''

micls
21/04/2008, 7:41 PM
Someone called mediahack with 9 posts starts a thread wondering about disciplinary problems at ye're club.......

Wonder what paper all these quotes will be in tomorrow

Martinho II
21/04/2008, 9:03 PM
Won't say his name but a dublin player for us went on GUFC.NET at 4am that night and called us a ''bunch of *****s'' and said ''again will ye **** off''

wonder is that a certain player that played for us last season???

sligoman
21/04/2008, 9:04 PM
wonder is that a certain player that played for us last season???Nope, it's a different player.

Patrick Dunne
21/04/2008, 9:26 PM
A disciplinary problem is when incidents like the above occur and you don't do
anything about them.

United have acted promptly. The supporter that allegedly has been banned for life was previously warned about his behaviour, so he can have no grounds for complaint.

geezer
21/04/2008, 10:53 PM
Utd get a fairly big piece headlined by the lifetime ban of a supporter, the fineing of 2 players and of course the small matter of Jeffs appointment.
A case of all publicity is good publicity. The logo looks good on telly, the press conference looks very professional and well attended. i believe the new manager was a bit surprised by the interest.

Roll on friday
actually jeff is just about 2 feature on tv3 now
jez this is great

im sure lims fans are a bit envious 2nite

sligored
21/04/2008, 11:04 PM
it said on extratime.ie that lester was the other player fined

gilberto_eire
21/04/2008, 11:05 PM
I can't see this ban been enforced, at home maybe but not at away matches, what are they going to have a picture of him at the gate?

L37Ultra
21/04/2008, 11:12 PM

Why? Ye were on the news for two of your players acting like children and a fan who got banned for life.:o:rolleyes:

DonO'Bate
21/04/2008, 11:27 PM
Utd get a fairly big piece headlined by the lifetime ban of a supporter, the fineing of 2 players and of course the small matter of Jeffs appointment.
A case of all publicity is good publicity. The logo looks good on telly, the press conference looks very professional and well attended. i believe the new manager was a bit surprised by the interest.

Roll on friday
actually jeff is just about 2 feature on tv3 now
jez this is great

Just after watching the Jeff interview on MNS on rte.ie. I have to say I was impressed, he came across well, and didn't have "the frightened rabbit appearance" of previous manager Tony Cousins when asked a question. Well done, Jeff, now if you can only organise a victory over Bray on Friday night, then I would be extremely happy.

sligoman
21/04/2008, 11:33 PM
The two players have apologised to the club and its supporters.Where were these apologies given anyone know?

gufct
22/04/2008, 7:16 AM
I can't see this ban been enforced, at home maybe but not at away matches, what are they going to have a picture of him at the gate?

Yes Gilberto and it will be sent to all other el clubs. Bohs Cork and Rovers do likewise.

Terry-Lander
22/04/2008, 7:18 AM
Yes Gilberto and it will be sent to all other el clubs. Bohs Cork and Rovers do likewise.

And rightly so. How did he travel to Sligo?

Patrick Dunne
22/04/2008, 7:54 AM
Any individual banned from Terryland Park from Galway United FC will be banned from GUST buses to away matches. If they are found to be members of GUST, their membership will be revoked.

GUST are having a meeting with GUFC today about fundraising. When we clarify the identity of the person who received the life ban, the above action will be taken.

It is worth mentioning that the vast majority of supporters who travel to away matches behave exceptionallly and are a credit to Galway United FC. Many (in some cases most) of these people are brought to the game by GUST. Unfortunately, at the Brandywell in ten days time, it will be back to the usual 10-20 GUST people and around ten others present to support the club.

WoodquayBoy
22/04/2008, 8:17 AM
Lets hope they behave themselves

Patrick Dunne
22/04/2008, 8:20 AM
Yes, no responses to V-signs !

In relation to gilbertos post, there is very little to stop this individual going to most away matches, provided he travels independently.

gufct
22/04/2008, 8:29 AM

In relation to gilbertos post, there is very little to stop this individual going to most away matches, provided he travels independently.

Pa he wont get in anywhere and your blind spot to others misdemeanours is laughable.

Eire06
22/04/2008, 8:48 AM
Hopefully certain 'fans' will stop throwing personal abuse at players.

A lot of the time being a Galway United player is a thankless job, I doubt any of the team go out and say oh I couldn't be bothered, I'm not going to play my best today.
But its hard to put your all into playing when your own supporters are shouting abuse (a lot personal abuse) at you.

Hopefully the team and certain supporters will grow up and stop dragging the club down.
New manager now, its time for a clean slate and get behind the team and the manager.

Patrick Dunne
22/04/2008, 8:51 AM
He won't get in if GUFC contact every club before the match and fax them on a picture of this individual, which I presume we do not have.

I would presume anyway, that his prescence inside any ground would be brought to the attention of the stewards by United supporters and that he would be objected.

Laughable - should that not be laudable :p

geezer
22/04/2008, 10:24 AM
The playing might be thankless but its well paid now so i do believe there is no harm in people letting their feelings known. There is a line however and if supporters go over that they shouldnt act all holy if they get a kick, or a gesture from the player or a member of his family. I know from my own experience my own dad god rest him wouldnt let us curse at home but to witness himself on the perimeter of the pitch in terryland on a sunday afternoon was quite funny. Maybe its a form of stress release, it does happen its part of spectator sports and particularly football. I wouldnt like to see football becoming like mass

Terry-Lander
22/04/2008, 10:37 AM
The playing might be thankless but its well paid now so i do believe there is no harm in people letting their feelings known. There is a line however and if supporters go over that they shouldnt act all holy if they get a kick, or a gesture from the player or a member of his family. I know from my own experience my own dad god rest him wouldnt let us curse at home but to witness himself on the perimeter of the pitch in terryland on a sunday afternoon was quite funny. Maybe its a form of stress release, it does happen its part of spectator sports and particularly football. I wouldnt like to see football becoming like mass

But it has........dwindling crowds, people leaving with 15 minutes left, no respect for the hierarchy, drop in finances and now allegations of abuse :eek::D

Eire06
22/04/2008, 10:44 AM

I wouldn't say it's well paid at all and if you consider how easily they can get injured and how early their careers end.
I'm not saying Terryland should be like a mass, people get very worked up and into the game and thats grand, it all adds to the atmosphere. I was just saying constant abuse at a player is not acceptable and not helping the player perform any better

Tir Oilean
22/04/2008, 10:49 AM

Actually it seems there will be a mugshot sent to each ground of him. Why not point him out ourselves ayway because the guy is a embarrassment to us all.

Patrick Dunne
22/04/2008, 10:59 AM
Do the club have mugshots of individual supporters ?

Trainee
22/04/2008, 11:18 AM
Time to forget about everything that happened last weekend as its been dealt with

we have more important things to focus on ie Bray game

Our season starts here so forget everything else and lets make sure we give jeff and the players 110% support on friday night

gufct
22/04/2008, 11:25 AM

very easy get them Pa .Thats what a Garda Liasion officer is there for.

Guitd
22/04/2008, 11:42 AM

the camera system used in terryland is so good it can pick out anyone sitting in the ground at the touch of a button

sadloserkid
22/04/2008, 12:48 PM

:confused:

Why? Ye were on the news for two of your players acting like children and a fan who got banned for life.:rolleyes:

What he said. Also your board have appointed a new manager with zero experience. I'm sure he'll have more going for him than we saw during our own Danny Drew phase but my first reaction was that Mr.Kenna's appointment is nothing but a nail in a maroon coloured coffin that will pitch up around the First Division again next season. If we stay up we may even see you again!

And on an aside can anybody tell me what the supporter did to be banned or refer me to a thread where I can find out for myself? I have heard speculation but would rather not air it here out of respect for our northern rivals... :)

Claret Murph
22/04/2008, 1:01 PM
Time to forget about everything that happened last weekend as its been dealt with

we have more important things to focus on ie Bray game

Our season starts here so forget everything else and lets make sure we give jeff and the players 110% support on friday night

But didn't our season start on the 7th of March or have i missed something;););)

jimhacker
22/04/2008, 1:17 PM
the camera system used in terryland is so good it can pick out anyone sitting in the ground at the touch of a button

Are the crowds gone that low?

geezer
22/04/2008, 5:44 PM
And on an aside can anybody tell me what the supporter did to be banned or refer me to a thread where I can find out for myself? I have heard speculation but would rather not air it here out of respect for our northern rivals...

He made an attempt to beat up a GUFC employee outside the ground before the game started, Then he proceeded into the Utd supporters section and began a fight with some of his fellow travellers, with spit hanging out of his mouth he pushed a pretty oblivious sligo man trying to get to the railway end. Second half and faz scored a dinger he made moves to fight sligo supporters sitting in the utd designated area. I let a shout at him to cop on and he told me i was a fairweather at this stage i left the section and went behind the goals . I only found out about the first fracas outside the ground today. The guy has serious anger mgmt issues

BohsPartisan
22/04/2008, 10:37 PM
But it has........dwindling crowds, people leaving with 15 minutes left, no respect for the hierarchy, drop in finances and now allegations of abuse :eek::D

Now all you need is people falling asleep up the back and teenagers hanging around outside who swore to their parents they'd been to the match - asking people outside what the score was so they could fool their folks when they got home!

sadloserkid
23/04/2008, 12:38 PM
Cheers geezer (and gilberto eire lest I forget).

eamo1
23/04/2008, 1:12 PM
What Geezer said happened is shocking.Who did this guy come to the games with??Too right he should be banned for life(or at least till he sorts his anger issues out).Could be the same kid i once seen squaring up to a g.u Steward in Terryland early last season.

deecay
23/04/2008, 1:19 PM
Thats impossible,even UCD fans would react