PDA

View Full Version : I'm famous

The Rebel Ram
21/04/2008, 7:19 PM
Time to reveal my ID to those who don't know, I'm a national celebrity now!:D

http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/features/cobhramblerslegends.html

luka
21/04/2008, 7:24 PM
Raed that a few days ago but was thinking whay not Franko?

The Rebel Ram
21/04/2008, 8:00 PM
I thought Pakie, isn't he the most capped player?
Franko would have been in 2nd.

bellavistaman
21/04/2008, 9:20 PM
Ya packie miles ahead on caps. It wasnt on ability alone, on the hole package and the cult hero status. Frankie obviously the most talented, but packie dedication, one club hole career and all that, either or really

depor
21/04/2008, 10:05 PM
ya, great servant to cobh ramblers, great player and a very nice guy.

luka
22/04/2008, 8:52 AM
I don't disagree with any of the above but how many of you that have posted in this thread actually would remember the Franko era? Comparissons are hard to make if you didn't witness both.

bellavistaman
22/04/2008, 4:35 PM
i didnt compare how could you compare like?? Never seen franko play, something that kills me really, if its like his reffin has to be enjoyable!!!!

Rams Mc 7
22/04/2008, 10:49 PM
ya never saw sniffer play but u have to listen to the people who saw him so would put him top and isn't it good that the people were on about r both cobh men

London Calling
23/04/2008, 9:46 AM
Packie Kelly was a superb player who I feel was never actually given the credit he deserved during his career, and was also more skillful than most. During his Springfield days he was a speedy winger/midfielder and played an absolute blinder winning a schoolboy cup final in St Colmans Park. Of course, for those of you who may know me, I am biased.

Franko was the best goalscorer I've ever seen, somehow he could contrive to score a goal whilst falling over his bootlace and landing on his backside. Inside the penalty area he certainly seemed to attract the ball, but that was probably down to great positioning, or so he will say.

By the way my son proudly sports a Cobh Ramblers badge, next to his Fulham badge on his schoolbag, and has started to paper his bedroom with the match posters. :ball:

jimhacker
23/04/2008, 9:53 AM
, on the hole package

That would certainly qualify him for legend status right enough.

ramsfan
23/04/2008, 12:52 PM
packie deserves accolade, tremendous servant of club, pity is with so much time spent with club it is a pity he is not given a role in club as an ambassador or something, a legend :D

bellavistaman
23/04/2008, 6:06 PM
ya never saw sniffer play but u have to listen to the people who saw him so would put him top and isn't it good that the people were on about r both cobh men

great point boy!

MojoPin
23/04/2008, 6:16 PM
great point boy!

lick lick lick ;) :D

bellavistaman
23/04/2008, 6:19 PM
lick lick lick ;) :D

what can i say, say something sensible and i might credit you too. :D

ramsfan
24/04/2008, 6:46 PM
something sensible eh:D