PDA

View Full Version : Galway

Seagull-4-life
21/04/2008, 8:11 PM
Reckon we'll be leaving with three points and giving Jeff Kenna's side a lesson???

superfrank
21/04/2008, 8:19 PM
Local lad and all.

I can see us getting the three points easily on Friday and three the week after against Cobh.

Seagull-4-life
21/04/2008, 8:32 PM
I can see us getting the three points easily on Friday and three the week after against Cobh.

If we could do that it would be amazing and the form MIGHT give us three points against Sligo.
Wes Charles was sent off in their last match there so he's suspended isn't he?

Stevo Da Gull
21/04/2008, 8:52 PM
It'll be interesting to see how we perform. After grinding out the win against Harps we stepped up against Bohs and Derry and got results and now we are favorites for our next 2. It's a good test and a big opportunity for the lads. Here's hoping that we do ourselves justice with the performance and of course 3 points would be nice :cool:

superfrank
22/04/2008, 12:39 PM
Wes Charles was sent off in their last match there so he's suspended isn't he?
Wes WILL be suspended for the game on Friday. I wonder how bad their defence will be without him.

Hulsey
22/04/2008, 1:37 PM
Their defence was shocking on friday from what was on mns. Missing Wes may work to their advantage as imo he didn't look interested in a few of the clips. I feel a bit wary of the next 2 games, as we always seem to let our guard down when we are favourites to win, lets hope thats not the case as we should be aiming for the 6 points from the next 2 games, with a very minimum of 4, anything less is points dropped. Many going up?

Grey Boy
22/04/2008, 7:40 PM
Think we should go there looking for no less than 3 points. An 11 point gap between us and them at this stage of the season would be massive. The one thing they have going for them is the impetus players get from having a new manager.

gufc4life
22/04/2008, 8:47 PM
it sound like to me that ye think were just goint to fall over and let ye win !well i wreckon this will be galway s game!!!!! everyone down here in galway is excited and were looking forward to hopefully gheting the ball rolling and our season fully started !!! will ye bring much to galway???2-0 united i wreckon

BrayUnknowns
22/04/2008, 8:50 PM
Confidence must be sky high at the moment so 3 points has to be the aim i reckon... the lads really look like their enjoying their football since the Harps game... I'd be happy with another Rowe/Cawley peno combination 1 nil win :) Won't be easy though what so ever, a new manager even though he has no experience what so ever should give Galway a bit of hope so they will be well up for it ! Galway will look at this game at the begining of their season. A draw wouldn't be a bad result but it is winnable seeing as we are on a high and Galway poorly at present.

Stevo Da Gull
22/04/2008, 8:55 PM
Both sides will be going in looking for and perhaps expecting 3 points, potentially a cracking game! As long as we don't drop our level we'll be very tough to beat.

gufct
22/04/2008, 9:06 PM
Keep on thinking the way ye are lads were absolutely useless and ye will walk it :rolleyes:

notever
23/04/2008, 9:24 AM
If we can produce another performance like the ones against Bohs and Derry we will be there with a chance of the three points but with a new Manager Galway will be up for this so we will have to be very wary. I am sure Eddie will have warned the lads of the danger of over confidence. I am confident going into the game but not over. It should be a great game with a great atmosphere roll on Friday.

Hulsey
23/04/2008, 1:06 PM
Keep on thinking the way ye are lads were absolutely useless and ye will walk it :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone thinks we'll walk it, everyone will be out to impress Kenna for ya's, but we've played some excellent stuff in the last two games and if we reproduce that you'll do very well to get a win on friday. But like I said we'll have to play well we haven't a god given right to the points we have to earn them, and if we play like we did against Bohs and Derry theres no reason we can't take the 3 points.
Lets hope Rodgers plays like he did for us on friday :D

dublinwanderer
23/04/2008, 1:48 PM
if we perform any way like what we have been over the last few weeks, we should get something from the game. its a big if!!! i think if we can get on top early and with an early goal, the galway heads will probably drop.

is ther many heading down? i am!!!

BrayUnknowns
23/04/2008, 4:27 PM
Lets hope Rodgers plays like he did for us on friday :D

And Jay O'Shea :D

i actually would have liked Wes to play as well, really not the player he was a few years ago and Paddy Kavanagh and Rowe would have given him an awful time with their pace...

But by no means do any Bray fans or players for that fact think we are 100% going to win, i don't think any of us said that. It's just strange that Galway fans are so upbeat when they have been nothing but shocking this season, 1 point from 6 games and there confident of beating an inform Bray side, strange to me... Kenna won't make a difference for at least a few weeks, he will need to have time to get the team playing the way he wants them playing but the whole out to impress the new manager factor should come into play so im expecting a tough game.

Stevo Da Gull
23/04/2008, 9:05 PM
is ther many heading down? i am!!!

Unfortunately not, this will mean that Rovers away will be the only away game that I've been at :o

I've got a tennis match and with my first league match in 2 weeks I can't afford to ditch it and lose out on preparation..... bet you e20 it'll feckin lash rain here all day :rolleyes:

Ah well, as long as the lads do the business it'll be a good day.

KR's Post
24/04/2008, 8:03 AM
Galway 1-3 Bray
O shea for them

Rowe 2 Whealen

dublinwanderer
25/04/2008, 10:58 AM
Galway 1-3 Bray
O shea for them

Rowe 2 Whealen

i'd be very happy with that!!!!!

Grey Boy
25/04/2008, 9:47 PM
Massive result. The league table looks pretty good at the moment. Ger Rowe off the mark as well. Hopefully we can latch on to that middle group above the bottom 4 now. Bring on the Cobh.

superfrank
25/04/2008, 9:49 PM
Phew. I was a very worried during the second half but delighted to get the three points. Back to back wins, brilliant. Bring on Cobh. I'm even more confident now because we had to battle to victory tonight whereas at 2-0 I thought it would be easy.

centre mid
25/04/2008, 10:10 PM
Fantastic result, table does look good at the moment. Nervous night though, I had backed heavilly on this game.

thedoyler
26/04/2008, 1:17 AM
Just in, great night. At lot closer than it should have been in my opinion. Had the penalty not been given it would have been comfortable as galway offered nothing in the first half, even after that had daz twice, rowe, kavanagh, whelan or cawley put away their chances we would have been out of sight. Enough moaning though. 3 goals, 3 points good performance, couldnt have asked for any more!

gufcfan
26/04/2008, 2:51 AM
Galway United v Bray Wanderers highlights

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=vDsKaLGrWnM

Click "watch in high quality" it's right beside the views counter.

dublinwanderer
26/04/2008, 1:20 PM
what a game!!!!

thought we had it in the bag at half time, but, then through it away, then should have been 2 up again, and then had to wait until the 91st minute before rowe pops up and wins it...

fair play it was a great game... terryland is a nice neat stadium now, with unbelievable stewards:eek: yes, they are worse than the corkies!!!

fair play to all who went up, great noise and colour:D

Hulsey
26/04/2008, 4:23 PM
what a game!!!!

thought we had it in the bag at half time, but, then through it away, then should have been 2 up again, and then had to wait until the 91st minute before rowe pops up and wins it...

fair play it was a great game... terryland is a nice neat stadium now, with unbelievable stewards:eek: yes, they are worse than the corkies!!!

fair play to all who went up, great noise and colour:D

That lad was a joke, confiscating a blow horn cos it was "too loud", classic example of what happens when you give idiots any kind of power :rolleyes: .
Good performance, but we can very close to throwing away all the hard work, the penalty was shocking to conceed, the attacker had over run the ball. Fair play to Rowe though, kept his head to get the winner well under pressure

notever
28/04/2008, 11:22 AM
It was great to be in Galway on Friday night to see us go 2 up before half time. But I thought we had thrown two points away in the second half.
What was nice was the fact that the team kept playing good football and could have had at least three goals before we eventually got the winner.Great performance and we showed great fighting spirit,we could have let the heads drop after we conceeded the second goal.Well done to all the players and back-room staff, and the travelling fans were fantastic with their support they never let up.

dublinwanderer
29/04/2008, 4:48 PM
the travelling fans were fantastic with their support they never let up.

lets hope that continues....