PDA

View Full Version : Game against us Friday!

Salmon Coloured
21/04/2008, 12:56 PM
Im really looking forward to heading to Wexford Friday for the game. So tell me all about your facilities please & thanks?

oldyouth
21/04/2008, 7:40 PM
Where do I start Salmon. Firstly, we must have the best playing surface in the league. We have a temporary stand that holds 600 people and there is no segregation (why would you want to, 'cos everyone loves their footie). Plenty of parking in the complex,though we are out in the sticks a little bit. Chuffin' planners have halted our plans to build a permanent stand. Seemingly, as a hurling county, they were confused that we wanted to install toilets instead of a row of hedges and it has set the whole thing back.

Our 2nd/practice pitch is better than most club's 1st choice pitches and we have 4 all weather floodlit pitches on site. Our players bus will be parked at the clubhouse and it is the envy of all. Top notch clubhouse that overlooks the pitch with great sambos, rolls etc (Italian of course). No pints though, get them in before you arrive if you fancy a few. Wine and bottles of lager available.

Very family friendly with regard to songs, chants and all that. We have special ones for 'ginger' players but that's to be expected.
I don't think any visitor has ever left the place thinking they weren't made welcome or that we don't have a future in this league and I hope you and yours find it that way. See you there.

Bring only your hopes and leave only the points:D

Martinho II
21/04/2008, 9:15 PM
really lookin to the trip! have only being in wexford once before ... are ye gettin good crowds this season???

oldyouth
21/04/2008, 9:26 PM
really lookin to the trip! have only being in wexford once before ... are ye gettin good crowds this season???
820 last Friday was the lowest this year. Crap night on the weather front and, pardon me, not a huge draw in Athlone. I'm sure Athlone will feel the same about the return fixture.

Best was the local derby with Waterford at approx 1,800 and Shels at 1,200. The temp stand will hold 600 and you would need to be there half an hour before kick off to get a good seat. Other than that you can line the perimeter of the pitch or watch from the comfort of the clubhouse. Summer football my great big hairy ho*e

Salmon Coloured
22/04/2008, 8:28 AM
That clubhouse sounds interesting to me Martinho!!! Make sure ya bring your Longford jersey Tinho!! Thanks for the info & heres to meeting all you Wexfordites Friday night & heres to good future relations between Longford & Wexford fans alike. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Martinho II
22/04/2008, 6:02 PM
That clubhouse sounds interesting to me Martinho!!! Make sure ya bring your Longford jersey Tinho!! Thanks for the info & heres to meeting all you Wexfordites Friday night & heres to good future relations between Longford & Wexford fans alike. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

bring it on salmon coloured if theres no bus goin I will more than likely drive down to it... It will be a historic first meeting of the two sides.. I met one or two of the wexford lads at the eircom league launch last season! look forward to seeing ye again!

Keen2win
22/04/2008, 7:47 PM
Unfortunatly I won't be able to make it (Bus leaving to early):(

Have heard good reports from Wexford, hopefully it lives up to the billing.

Will there be much of an away crowd going, maybe 30-50 I suppose?

kopite
22/04/2008, 8:57 PM
salmon colour - good one seeing as we wear pink,maybe you can up-date yer jersey collection by buying our slinky new kit.

oldyouth
22/04/2008, 9:02 PM
salmon colour - good one seeing as we wear pink,maybe you can up-date yer jersey collection by buying our slinky new kit.
Sounds as if you're trying to flog your one Kopite:p

Martinho II
23/04/2008, 8:55 PM
Unfortunatly I won't be able to make it (Bus leaving to early):(

Have heard good reports from Wexford, hopefully it lives up to the billing.

Will there be much of an away crowd going, maybe 30-50 I suppose?

there no bus keen2win ! im drivin down to the match and heading by dublin which is three hours thrity mins twenty mins shorter than goin by portlaoise!
reckon thirty away fans will be there!

oldyouth
24/04/2008, 7:01 AM

Have a look at the you tube highlights of last week's game V Athlone and you can see the clubhouse in the background. Very impressive inside. Pictures were taken from the stand, that's why the crowd looks sparce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aVGAo61pkE

Salmon Coloured
24/04/2008, 9:00 AM
Can you see a good view of the pitch from the clubhouse?

Battery Rover
24/04/2008, 9:52 AM
Can you see a good view of the pitch from the clubhouse?

You can see the pitch but when the ball is down the astro turf end of the ground it is very hard make out whats happening

Salmon Coloured
25/04/2008, 8:18 AM
See ye all later on tonight folks, dont be afraid to say Hello!!!!!

Splurge
25/04/2008, 8:45 AM
See ye all later on tonight folks, dont be afraid to say Hello!!!!!

Should be a big enough crowd tonight, looking a bit drizzly but it cant be as bad as last friday:eek:

brokenstar
28/04/2008, 7:13 AM
Nice to see Joey had a change of heart about giving up playing for us, even if he did receive his marching orders on his "comeback" :D

oldyouth
28/04/2008, 7:48 AM
Yeah, great to see him back. He did what he had to do with that 'tackle'. If I was his manager, I'd have no argument with him over it.

Splurge
28/04/2008, 9:37 PM
Yeah, great to see him back. He did what he had to do with that 'tackle'. If I was his manager, I'd have no argument with him over it.

the card was worth it, would have been tragic to let in a goal at that stage, i felt we should have won the game, Longford were the greatest crowd of long ball thumpers since Wimbledon.
The ref was a disgrace as usual.

Youths4Ever
29/04/2008, 7:52 AM
the card was worth it, would have been tragic to let in a goal at that stage, i felt we should have won the game, Longford were the greatest crowd of long ball thumpers since Wimbledon.
The ref was a disgrace as usual.

Yeah card was worth it Joey did what he had to do. Welcome back.

In what way was the refree a disgrace only thing I found was he booked Youths for back chat and not Longford players but then again then could have just be moaning rather than back chat. He was one of the better ref I have seen over the last two seasons.

Footsoldier
29/04/2008, 8:31 AM
Sorry Splurge. I'd have to disagree with you aswell. I didn't think the ref had too bad a game. Only one question about the sending off - was there another covering defender? I'm not saying that the ref got it wrong. I just thought we had a 2nd defender covering.

I also think that we were lucky enough to get the draw. Longford will probably be fairly disappointed not to win that one. Ah well, I won't complain!

Splurge
29/04/2008, 8:56 AM
Sorry Splurge. I'd have to disagree with you aswell. I didn't think the ref had too bad a game. Only one question about the sending off - was there another covering defender? I'm not saying that the ref got it wrong. I just thought we had a 2nd defender covering.
I also think that we were lucky enough to get the draw. Longford will probably be fairly disappointed not to win that one. Ah well, I won't complain!

I agree with you about the sending off, was a tiny bit harsh as he was running away from goal aswell, and the keeper could have gotten back.
Im sorry but i tought the ref in general was useless, some perfect challenges were penalised, i remember a great Patsy Malone leap for a high ball in central mid late in the game, arms by his side, eye on the ball. Also late in the game when a Longford player on the left of our area got fouled, played advantage, got fouled again closer to the box but then the ref a free for the original free, further out! Baffling to say the least.

On the plus side he wasnt card happy, Malone can have no arguments about his card after the abuse he gave the linesman.

passinginterest
29/04/2008, 10:35 AM
This thread seems to be broken!

Salmon Coloured
29/04/2008, 11:42 AM
Jaysus lads relax!! Both teams could have won the game. Wexford had some great chances but our keeper Shay Kelly made some wonderful saves & thats what he is there for. That guy won a league & cup double with Bohs in the past. I thought we might nick one towards the end but it didnt transpire. Im already looking forward to the next time we play there.

Footsoldier
29/04/2008, 1:10 PM
Kelly's saves were brilliant. The save he made in the first half, just before we scored, was a cracker! He had started to move to his right and how he then managed to get down low to his left, I'll never know.

Martinho II
30/04/2008, 1:36 PM
shay kelly in fairness has being brilliant for us this season. he is keepin out neil gallagher out of goal and gallaghers not too bad either after seein him in galway!