PDA

View Full Version : City V Drogs - April 25th 2008

A face
20/04/2008, 2:50 PM
What do you think people? I reckon its very doable one here. I seriously fancy us to take the three points.

yiddo
20/04/2008, 7:54 PM
What do you think people? I reckon its very doable one here. I seriously fancy us to take the three points.

If Flynnie and Mooney are fit I'd fancy us to sneak it by the odd goal. 3 points would really set up next week's clash with Pats.

A face
20/04/2008, 8:33 PM
And with Drogs losing tonight they will have no choice but to come out and play for a win so we have a better chance of cutting them open.

And another thing, they weren't great tonight, ordinary. All bodes well.

Stewart Byrne sent off as well so he'll miss out on Friday night.

Les Fluer
21/04/2008, 8:42 AM
And with Drogs losing tonight they will have no choice but to come out and play for a win so we have a better chance of cutting them open.

Wish you were right, but it makes no odds whatsoever. Drogs do not know the meaning of coming out to play, especially in Turners Cross.

After last nights loss, they will be very careful not to lose too much more ground and will almost certainly just shut the door and make sure they don't lose.

pete
21/04/2008, 9:03 AM
Stewart Byrne sent off as well so he'll miss out on Friday night.

His lose will weaken Drogs. Doolin & squad must be feeling a bit of pressure as have already lost to Rovers, Derry & now Bohs.

TheBoss
21/04/2008, 3:53 PM
I can see a comfortable win for City here.

micls
21/04/2008, 3:54 PM
I can see a comfortable win for City here.

G'wan away. That 'lulling us into a false sense of security' rubbish wont work

TheBoss
21/04/2008, 4:58 PM
I do mean it. :D

A face
21/04/2008, 6:33 PM
I hope we prove you right ;)

TheBoss
21/04/2008, 9:40 PM
Just to tell you, I am usually wrong, just check the betting thread :D

DmanDmythDledge
21/04/2008, 10:39 PM
G'wan away. That 'lulling us into a false sense of security' rubbish wont work
Having seen both teams this season Cork should win comfortably, once can create something in the final third. Only saw the game against Derry but that problem seems to have been sorted since then. Drogs midfield isn't at the races and only attacking outlet at the moment is Kendrick on the left wing. I can see Cork having 65/70% of the possession.

micls
21/04/2008, 10:40 PM
I can see Cork having 65/70% of the possession.

Thats normal between us at the cross though...we just can never actually score

pete
22/04/2008, 10:47 AM
Drogs are the League Champions & so they start as favourites.

Risteard
22/04/2008, 2:38 PM
No lads, not a chance.
I'd have thought we'd get a dull draw but they've a better chance with the Senegalese ruled out.
Hopefully, nil all but I'll go for 1nil drogs, george sent off, awful refereeing decisions.

yiddo
22/04/2008, 2:51 PM
Drogs are the League Champions & so they start as favourites.

Paddy Power doesn't think so
Cork City to win 6/5
Drogheda to win 21/10
and 2-1 the draw

A face
22/04/2008, 4:35 PM
No lads, not a chance.
I'd have thought we'd get a dull draw but they've a better chance with the Senegalese ruled out.

Yeah, that would have been a good advantage but not to be. At least Byrne is out, we should have a good game in middle field without him.

Les Fluer
23/04/2008, 9:38 AM
Our centre mids have nothing to fear from any other centre mid in the league, Stuey Byrne or no Stuey Byrne.

Thats disappointing that Senegalese fella is out. he is awful.

Can't really see beyond an awful 0-0, which will be the height of Droghedas ambitions for the day.