PDA

View Full Version : a gamble too far?

geezer
19/04/2008, 10:55 PM
kenna was rumoured to be in the showgies tonite, A lot of supporters seem to think its a done deal for Jeff Kenna. Now the CEO has done a wonderful job todate and i also believe the decision is practically entirely his. My plea is to think about this one, Its one thing to gamble with the queens money its a total different thing to gamble with something we love and is above money and that to me is GalwayUnited fc. Kenna appointment will be a shot in the dark particularly in the position we are in. Shrewd thinking sides with experience always with some risk , anything else is gambling. Gamble once IN YOUR CAREER and lose can happen to anyone gamble twice and lose and its in the realms of foolishness and recklessness. roll the dice

Tir Oilean
19/04/2008, 11:17 PM
Well said Geezer.

Terry
20/04/2008, 9:43 AM
I agree geezer, but, I feel not even if we got Alex Ferguson over would we survive! I will give the new manager 100% support anyway whoever it will be until the fickleness in me comes out.

Knappagh Red
20/04/2008, 10:59 AM
Seanie Connors was in the Showgrounds last night telling Hegarty about the great potential in Galway

eamo1
20/04/2008, 12:40 PM
I agree,Kenna is a complete shot in the dark,theres many similarities between us appointing Kenna(if it happens) and when the F.A.I appointed Staunton.
We need the new manager in place this week.If its Kenna though he wont be available till the following week.
Bray this Friday is a must win.

Terry
20/04/2008, 12:47 PM
I think kenna's main points in the interview will be his contacts and his ability to bring over players from england? Also, although he is getting on in years i still think he would vastly improve our defense if he would play the odd game.

gufct
20/04/2008, 2:08 PM
I think kenna's main points in the interview will be his contacts and his ability to bring over players from england? Also, although he is getting on in years i still think he would vastly improve our defense if he would play the odd game.

Terry he got the job last thursday .

A face
20/04/2008, 2:31 PM

I agree with that. He can definitely sort out your defence and that has to be the priority now. Ye are leaking goals all over the place and that has to stop.

Ye are not actually that bad squad wise, the guy has a good bit to work with. All you need is some organisation. It would be way worse if ye were playing hoof ball and had completely crap players.

Its been a crap start, yeah i'll agree but its done now so start taking on the chin and move on. Nothing you say now will change that.

The new manager needs your support and should be entitled to it, end of. The guy isn't even in the door yet and ye are slating him.

2-3 signings and you could transform that team. If he can bring a few over from England to get you out of the drop zone then its a job well done. Its Bray, Derry and Harps next. Two of them you can definitely get something from.

Terry
20/04/2008, 4:07 PM
exacly Face. Everyone will question this that and the other, but, I think I speak for most if not all our suporters here when I say he will have 100% backing from us all and hope that he can do the job we all want to see.

Martinho II
20/04/2008, 9:35 PM
do ye lads know whether jeff will be a player manager???:confused:

gufct
20/04/2008, 9:47 PM
cant play till the 1st july.

centre mid
20/04/2008, 9:49 PM
Would he be eligible to play if signed outside the transfers window, or is he a free agent. I thought he was still with Kidderminster.

A face
21/04/2008, 11:25 AM
You can play for two clubs a year, and sign for a third but cant play in official games for the third unless it is an overlapping season (i.e. Summer Soccer). All this depends on the player having fill contractual agreements with other clubs.