PDA

View Full Version : Rovers 3-0 Galway

sligoman
19/04/2008, 9:34 PM
What a result! Terrible first half, improved a bit in the 2nd but still think if Galway were anyway decent we wouldn't have won. Still, 3 points is the main thing and we got that, roll on Harps:)

showgies
19/04/2008, 10:29 PM
Rovers started brightly with the game practically being played in the Galway half. However, through sloppy play and mis-placed passing we allowed galway sneak back into the game. Had Galway being a better team we would have being punished.

I was very disappointed with Moore and Cash. The substitutes certainly made a huge difference. Faz's first goal will be a contender for the April goal of the month.

Picking up three points after not playing particualrly well is a good sign.

I suspect Raff and Faz to hold onto their places for the harps game.

Yet another poor refereeing perfomance too.

deecay
19/04/2008, 11:00 PM
I love Big Wes

sligofan4ever
19/04/2008, 11:08 PM
Sligo Rovers were a bit sloppy in the first half could have been punished if Galway were a stronger team but the 3 subs made a difference and Faz's first goal should be a contender for Aprils goal of the month much improved performance from him hope all the slack hes getting another certain forum can be put behind by improving and showing some commitment playing for us

also did Cookie get sent to the stands I must've been in the jacks when it happened what was he sent off for ?

DonalE
19/04/2008, 11:14 PM
Rovers started brightly with the game practically being played in the Galway half. However, through sloppy play and mis-placed passing we allowed galway sneak back into the game. Had Galway being a better team we would have being punished.

I was very disappointed with Moore and Cash. The substitutes certainly made a huge difference. Faz's first goal will be a contender for the April goal of the month.

Picking up three points after not playing particualrly well is a good sign.

I suspect Raff and Faz to hold onto their places for the harps game.

Yet another poor refereeing perfomance too.

Sligo Rovers were a bit sloppy in the first half could have been punished if Galway were a stronger team but the 3 subs made a difference and Faz's first goal should be a contender for Aprils goal of the month much improved performance from him hope all the slack hes getting another certain forum can be put behind by improving and showing some commitment playing for us

also did Cookie get sent to the stands I must've been in the jacks when it happened what was he sent off for ?

Deja vu?

CameramanConka
19/04/2008, 11:51 PM
To me, Galway were the better team in the first half. As you say the subs made the difference for Sligo.

Was speaking to the ref after the game and he explained that Cook was sent to the stands for 'agressive behaviour', which he had already been warned about. He spent the second half with Paul Hegarty! Ref also said hat Wes Charles was sent off for striking a player on the ground after he had fouled him for the penalty. Said he would have been getting a second yellow anyway. From what I seen Charles seemed to thump the ground in frustration with giving away a penalty but must have forgotten there was a player under him!

Cleary very unhappy with the abuse dished out to the Galway player near the end.

All in all entertaining game. And lovely apple cake at half time. Yummy!

red bellied
20/04/2008, 1:40 AM
What has happened to the faith in last season! Start Faz and Judge

Ballagh Red
20/04/2008, 5:37 AM
Couldn't understand Charles getting a straight red for the tackle. makes sense now if he struck a player. Seamie is going to embarass Cash into putting in a performance at some point. Raf has to start next week.

Boo_Boy
20/04/2008, 6:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP-60m3UMdg

could'nt go to the match because i have the flu:(, great goal from faz and that throw-in towards Raf was superb!:)

charles didnt look like he punched anyone in that vid

Only1Rovers
20/04/2008, 9:20 AM
Cleary very unhappy with the abuse dished out to the Galway player near the end.

Who 'dished' out the abuse and to witch Galway player?

Red&White Rover
20/04/2008, 9:55 AM
Leech got serious abuse from his own fans in the second half, and stuck up the fingers to them.

Redkenrover
20/04/2008, 10:01 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GP-60m3UMdg

could'nt go to the match because i have the flu:(, great goal from faz and that throw-in towards Raf was superb!:)

charles didnt look like he punched anyone in that vid

Has the video been taken off??

SligoBrewer
20/04/2008, 10:03 AM
Has the video been taken off??

Seems to be alright.

It was a mess anyways, poorly edited and the game in the Showgrounds was Shamrock Rovers and Galway United.:rolleyes:

sligofan4ever
20/04/2008, 10:12 AM
who puts up the highlighrs from MNS ? because my freind lives in america and wants to see highlights from the SRFC matches so who puts them on youtube ?

Terry
20/04/2008, 10:18 AM
video not opening for me either.

Redkenrover
20/04/2008, 10:21 AM
who puts up the highlighrs from MNS ? because my freind lives in america and wants to see highlights from the SRFC matches so who puts them on youtube ?

He can view the entire MNS programme on http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/ Think it is available from a tuesday morning after the show is aired on the monday night.

sligofan4ever
20/04/2008, 10:23 AM
He can view the entire MNS programme on http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/ Think it is available from a tuesday morning after the show is aired on the monday night.

ok appreciate it thanks RedKenRover

deecay
20/04/2008, 12:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE1EsJmXwr4

clubman
20/04/2008, 2:34 PM
First half was an absolute shocker. Both sides seemed to tense to try something. In fairness Galway were by far the better side and had their No. 10 taken his chances they would have held a comfortable two nil lead at the break. They didn't and we went in level. Then cometh the hour - cometh the Faz.
Certainly made a huge difference once the change was made, seemed to give us something to play for in a strange sort of way. Celebrating his goal Faz sounded off towards the main stand as if to say 'look who's scoring'.
Ralf's goal was straight from the training ground - pure perfection.
The peno incident was frustration on the part of big Wes. He actually behaved like a bad doctor when he tried to bury his mistake in the form of beating Anto into the ground. He had to go there's no doubt. Faz did the rest. Three nil and we were flattered. Galway aren't that bad but disappointing to hear the reaction of their 'supporters'. Losing is always a hard pill to swallow - losing to one's neighbour is extra hard to take but there's no excuse for 'supporters' behaving like those in the Jink's Avenue stand last night.
Enough about the Maroon Army what about us. The first half was very hard to sit through but I felt I'd take a one nil win and win ugly and ugly it was. It's always unfair to single out a player but to be honest Cashey had a stinker last night. He wasn't in the game at all and there was an immediate need to get him off and introduce some life into the right wing. Considering we had both Faz and Ralf sitting on the bench I wonder why it took so long to make the change. Had Galway taken their chances it would have been too late to go chasing the game. Last night I asked questions of our management team for the first time I must add. Cookie once more has gotten himself in the smelly stuff with the officials and that's no good to anyone. We need him on the bench it's as simple as that. The match officials were as incompetient as ever so realistically it's to be expected the standard of refereeing is poor and we have to get on with it.
Last night we started with a 'weak' side and I think had Galway been at the races we could have been punished. It's horses for courses and we must field our strongest side at all times. Loyalty won't win games.
A good result last night and it's the result that matters but it could have been oh so different.

red bellied
20/04/2008, 2:45 PM
Coleman not nearly getting foward as much as last season. Cook should try him as the winger and put Murphy in the right full position. The balance in midfield isnt right with two defensive players. Boco or Faz to have an attacking position here with Judge up front with one of them. Actually for the Harps game would start Boco up front as he showed up the two centre halves in the friendly game for pace.

CameramanConka
20/04/2008, 7:43 PM
To be honest, as a neutral, I thought the ref got very little wrong last night

Red Army
20/04/2008, 8:37 PM
disappointing to hear the reaction of their 'supporters'. Losing is always a hard pill to swallow - losing to one's neighbour is extra hard to take but there's no excuse for 'supporters' behaving like those in the Jink's Avenue stand last night.

It was music to my ears:D

deecay
21/04/2008, 4:34 PM
Peers and O'Grady playing and O'Grady was captain