PDA

View Full Version : Ground Development at Jackman?

paudie
18/04/2008, 8:42 PM
From the outside anyway one of the most positive parts of the set up of L37 was the involvement of the junior clubs which seemed likely to make it easier to get funding for upgrading Jackman park.

With the senior club back in "private" hands what is the latest news regarding development at the ground?

As a City fan I have no doubt that the massive improvements at the Cross have had a lot to do with the ground being owned by the MFA. It's also great to see the ground being used for plenty of junior games, so any public money can't be seen as going into a black hole to benefit a theoretically profit making enterprise.

With the junior game being so strong surely the local league should be trying to get the fAI to fund the development of a decent ground.

abbeyvale
19/04/2008, 11:20 PM
Lads
Its a bit off topic, but what are the hot food arrangments in Jackman Park like this season??

I believe the Burger Van is no longer on the premises? Anyone know why?

gael353
20/04/2008, 12:56 PM
Lads
Its a bit off topic, but what are the hot food arrangments in Jackman Park like this season??

I believe the Burger Van is no longer on the premises? Anyone know why?

Ask him, hes your mate. SC will be doing hot dogs in the not too distant future from their shop

Monkfish
20/04/2008, 1:17 PM
SC will be doing hot dogs in the not too distant future from their shop

Anyone fancy giving them a name, you know like 'mon-dogs' but a little more creative? Il go first.......

Mank-Dogs.
Monty-Dogs.
Magic-Dogs (with special mushrooms)
Munter-Dogs (for the ladies)

Ok what was this thread about again? Jackman development? we painted the shop a few weeks back sure!:p

joeSoap
21/04/2008, 8:29 AM
Opening thread...very interesting, with good points. 2nd thread...totally off-topic, pure drivel, yet getting responses. Can we not keep it on topic?;)

I think there are many issues to be dealt with regarding the re-development of Jackman. First of all, it has to be determined how serious the new owner and board are about finding the club a home of its own.

Secondly, the proposed new stadium? Anyone any ideas as to whats happening there yet?

paudie
21/04/2008, 10:51 AM
Opening thread...very interesting, with good points. 2nd thread...totally off-topic, pure drivel, yet getting responses. Can we not keep it on topic?;)

I think there are many issues to be dealt with regarding the re-development of Jackman. First of all, it has to be determined how serious the new owner and board are about finding the club a home of its own.

Secondly, the proposed new stadium? Anyone any ideas as to whats happening there yet?

But does the club need a"home of its own" for a game every 2 weeks. Surely a redeveloped Jackman with a capacity of 8-10,000 would be ideal for LimFC and for the junior leagues.

Cork City are talking big about new stadium in the docklands but TBH I can't see the point when I think the Cross is ideal.

joeSoap
21/04/2008, 10:54 AM
I agree with you entirely.

gael353
21/04/2008, 8:32 PM
ok well the LDMC seem to be pushing ahead with the building of the stand so theres news for you.