PDA

View Full Version : Kenny hoping for big Bohs backing

tiktok
22/07/2003, 6:28 PM
from www.rte.ie

Kenny hoping for big Bohs backing by Rob wright

Bohiamians boss Stephen Kenny has called on ALL football fans to come out and roar his side to victory in the Champions League. "We want to get a crowd and we want to give them something to shout about," said Kenny as Bohs chase a 1-0 deficit against BATE Borisov.

"Hopefully, we will get a lot of neutrals along to support us. We filled the place for the Spurs friendly pre-season and this is Champions League, which should be much more attractive. This is going to have much more of an edge than the Spurs match and I would think that real football fans will want to see Champions League football in Dublin. People should know that we aren't looking for a moral victory. We want the result that will put us through."

Kenny hopes to field an unchanged side from the narrow defeat in Belarus last week. That's dependent on central defender Colin Hawkins proving his fitness. The ex-Irish under-21 international have been hampered by an Achilles strain for several weeks now.

Meanwhile, Waterford United skipper John Frost is out with a mystery internal puncture ahead of his side's FAI Carlsberg Cup second round tie against Munster Senior League side Everton at Turner's Cross. Blues are a high-flying second in the Premier Division table and are a good 10/1 bet for the FAI Cup, a competition current boss Jimmy McGeough won as a player with them back in 1968.

Everton lost 4-2 to Shelbourne when they last faced League opposition in the Cup. Boss Pat Brown played in that game and he'll be looking to veteran keeper Denis Kavanagh, captain Ray Leahy and young playmaker Aidan Murray to cause problems for Waterford.

gspain
23/07/2003, 3:31 PM
Will be along to cheer on Bohs tonight.

BTW report was lifted from Aertel who also claimed Jimmy McGeough won the cup in 1968 as a player. He probably won it on Aertel but Shamrock Rovers beat Waterford on grass.

However I believe 1958 was the last tiem Aertel got a result right. :D

Estar
23/07/2003, 3:35 PM
Just off to the match myself, on a spying mission for County if we meet them in the cup:D Hope i get a ticket:)