PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement

Magicme
18/04/2008, 4:29 PM
As Ben Franklin said: In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria.

In a number of carefully controlled trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink 1 liter of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than 1 kilo of Escherichia coli, (E. coli) - bacteria found in feces. In other words, we are consuming 1 kilo of poop.

However, we do NOT run that risk when drinking wine & beer (or tequila, rum, whiskey or other liquor) because alcohol has to go through a filtering process and then fermenting.

Remember: Water = Poop, Wine = Health.

Therefore, it's better to drink wine and talk stupid, than to drink water and be full of ****.

Block G Raptor
18/04/2008, 4:40 PM
Potm.....

strangeirish
18/04/2008, 4:45 PM
Magicme...I think you're full of ****e (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=923291&postcount=25)
:D

Magicme
18/04/2008, 5:07 PM
Yeah have been drinking a lot of water lately but will be drinking wine from now on.

Bald Student
18/04/2008, 5:13 PM
I just put on a new batch of wine for Pineapple Stu's housewarming and I didn't filter the tap water so he'll be getting the best of both worlds.

Magicme
18/04/2008, 5:17 PM
eh where is my invite to this sophistimicated housewarming with homemade wine??

Schumi
19/04/2008, 8:17 PM
I just put on a new batch of wine for Pineapple Stu's housewarming and I didn't filter the tap water so he'll be getting the best of both worlds.Is this the drain clearing/Aberdonian Stu drinking kind?

oldyouth
19/04/2008, 9:08 PM
Excuse me, but all the water that I have consumed is passed by me personally!!!

Magicme
20/04/2008, 7:56 PM
Excuse me, but all the water that I have consumed is passed by me personally!!!

Now you are really taking the pee

Sligo Hornet
21/04/2008, 11:46 AM
I,m with you magicme.......not only is water full of poo....see my signature!

Pike B
21/04/2008, 11:49 AM
This is the weirdest thread ever on foot.ie.
But I like it.
Wine it is. :D

noby
21/04/2008, 1:01 PM
Magicme, I like the cut of your jib.
But just to let you know it has nowt to do with the filtering process. Long before people were worried about filtered beer, housewives (as they were normally the brewer in the house, seeing as it fell under 'cooking duties') used to brew a normal strength beer, and then a small beer from the second runnings. These beers might have been 2%abv or less, but it was enough to keep all harmful bacteria away, and the small beers were drank instead of water.
Similarly, a lot of plants, heathers etc. were added to beers for flavouring, but once it was discovered that hops acted like a stabilising agent, as well as adding bitterness, they became the norm.

Wangball
21/04/2008, 1:32 PM
At last some logic behind the Jesus turning water into wine stunt at that wedding in Kano, I'd always suspected he'd done it to show off (maybe impress some bridesmaids) but know we know it was because he cared about people's health.....a real class act

Wolfie
21/04/2008, 1:42 PM
At last some logic behind the Jesus turning water into wine stunt at that wedding in Kano, I'd always suspected he'd done it to show off (maybe impress some bridesmaids) but know we know it was because he cared about people's health.....a real class act

Was that the same day as "loaves and the fishes" or was that another party piece?

Imagine him asking the gathered multitide "Now who doesn't like fish in breadcrumbs?"

Pike B
21/04/2008, 2:42 PM
Some serious sacrilage going on here.. Hell for you boys..

Wangball
21/04/2008, 3:43 PM
Apparently the crowd weren't all that impressed with his catering skills so he pulled out the big guns and walked on water, a couple of cork folk in the crowd were especially amazed by this as they thought they were the only ones who could do this

GavinZac
21/04/2008, 3:47 PM
nah biy, JC was one of us like

Wangball
21/04/2008, 3:51 PM
Jesus can't of been from Cork, his mother was a virgin

Also there were 3 wise men about too

GavinZac
21/04/2008, 4:03 PM
Jesus can't of been from Cork, his mother was a virginNope she just told Joseph the Kerryman that.

Also there were 3 wise men about tooSure didn't they come from East Cork down to the Western Star? That place is a bit of a barn though, plenty of heifers from out the country.

Bluebeard
21/04/2008, 4:09 PM
Nope she just told Joseph the Kerryman that.
Sure didn't they come from East Cork down to the Western Star? That place is a bit of a barn though, plenty of heifers from out the country.

:D:D:D

Funny because it's true

Magicme
21/04/2008, 8:32 PM
Crying laughing here!! Oh god.