PDA

View Full Version : INFO: Feedback Thread

dahamsta
18/04/2008, 11:45 AM
Comments on the forum and how it's run here please.

Dodge
18/04/2008, 2:48 PM
Also, when you say no traders but trading allowed, that means no trading to make a profit, right?

my reading of this is that "ordinary" posters (like yourself) can sell stuff, but a company couldn't register as matchshirts.com just to sell stuff here. Could be wrong though

Boo_Boy
18/04/2008, 2:50 PM
my reading of this is that "ordinary" posters (like yourself) can sell stuff, but a company couldn't register as matchshirts.com just to sell stuff here. Could be wrong though

thats how i see it, people who trade for a living are not allowed in the marketplace:cool:

Block G Raptor
18/04/2008, 2:52 PM
I've two jerseys for sale, they were thrown into the stands when they played here in Chicago. My brother caught quite a few and gave me a couple of them. I'd guess they're not knock-offs, but I wouldn't know

I'll post pictures and check the size later.

I'm not sure if this is the right way to go about this and I'm not sure exactly how the buying process works, is it like an auction? Also, when you say no traders but trading allowed, that means no trading to make a profit, right? Basically no trading and then trading what you recently traded for again for a better thing?

If thats the case, I'm not sure if I should set a price, make it auction style (if anyone is even interested), or take offers to trade

Worm: your understanding of the word "trade" is the American word for which we use "Swap". when DaHamsta says no traders what he means is No Professional sellers ie a company or individual who makes his living (or a large portion of it) from selling stuff on the internet. It's my understanding that "Swapping" ie giving a someone an item in exchange for another Item of similar value is OK !

As for how you would go about selling. I suppose you could set an asking price or ask posters to make you an offer and then sell to the person who makes the best offer or you could set a time limit and sell to the person with the highest offer at the end of the time period

theworm2345
18/04/2008, 2:54 PM
So should I set a price, will it be auction style, or a swap? If a swap I'll take Ireland memorobilia, DVDs, etc. or another jersey (depending on the team)

noby
18/04/2008, 3:00 PM
My opinion? Set a price. This isn't e-bay. You can then accept a nearest offer, or suggest what you might like in exchange. I think the boards model of all trading/haggling to be done on the thread, and only going to pm to exchange details after a price has been agreed is a good way to go.

anto1208
So should I set a price, will it be auction style, or a swap? If a swap I'll take Ireland memorobilia, DVDs, etc. or another jersey (depending on the team)

Id say thats up to you set a price or offer a swap. i dont think an auction would work but people could make offers untill you get a price your happy with.

Block G Raptor
So should I set a price, will it be auction style, or a swap?
Thats entirely up to yourself if you want cash only state cash only if your prepared to accept a swap then say cash or swap for

A template for selling could be posted like this:

Item: Bayern Munchen Shirt

desc: Home Shirt 2007
Colour: Red
Size: M

(Pick one of the below)

[B]Open to all Offers

or

Open to all Cash Offers

or

Cash Offers above €XX.XX

or

Swap for Ireland Merchandise

Hope this helps

dahamsta
18/04/2008, 3:05 PM
Bidding is inevitable, but I believe a guide price should be set.

Dodge
18/04/2008, 3:09 PM
Can people stick up their "wants" list. I'm missing a few programmes etc and wouldn't mind seeing if people have one or two they don't want

osarusan
18/04/2008, 4:47 PM
dahamsta, do you have any guidelines should be advertised / described etc, or does anything go?

theworm2345
18/04/2008, 10:43 PM
So do I take the first offer or what? I was thinking about saying I'll wait 2 days to see if anyone has something good to swap and if nothing comes from it I'll take a certain price.

superfrank
26/04/2008, 9:55 PM
I can't edit my OP in the thread I started but I can edit my later posts. Is editing disabled in this forum like in Predictions League?

DmanDmythDledge
27/04/2008, 12:07 AM
I can't edit my OP in the thread I started but I can edit my later posts. Is editing disabled in this forum like in Predictions League?
You can only edit your posts within 24 hours.

Block G Raptor
30/05/2008, 11:46 AM
Has anyone bought or sold anything yet?