PDA

View Full Version : Irish Under 19 Squad?

corkrebel
17/04/2008, 12:44 AM
I've been looking at the under 19 squad and find it very hard to believe Patrice Kearney is not in it.
I was at the colleges interpros and she was brilliant, Munsters goals couldn't be put down to her and against Connaught she was fantastic it was a constant onslaught at times and she kept the defence together and made challenge after challenge even after picking up a knock she kept doing it. Herself and Mary Wladron were definitely the two of the best players at the tournament. For Wilton united she plays brilliant every week, she got an allstar for the colleges season, she was Munster under 18 captain and had a great Gaynor, well actually I didnt see all the Munster games but she was brilliant in the ones I did see. She's one of the best defenders in the country and I just cant understand how she's not in the squad. I asked some girls from WIlton if she was injured or anything and they all said no, cant understand it. Am I the only one who thinks this or are there more players who should be in the squad that are being over looked?:confused:

ramladies
17/04/2008, 10:13 AM
i remember seing a write up months back on a match the under 19's played and patrice was in that squad, dont no what happened after that.Totally agree with you that she is one of the best defenders in the country. Every game ive seen her play brillant at keeping the defence together and when her team are losing shes great at lifting them.