rasper
16/04/2008, 9:59 PM
draw made 16/04/08
mayo league vs roscommon
ballina f.c. vs combined counties
knock/kiltimagh vs galway league

corkrebel
17/04/2008, 12:15 AM
What about the other teams and the otyher cups were they drawn too? Where can I check them out?

rasper
17/04/2008, 11:32 AM
info taken from mayo website www.mayowomenssoccer.com

37Beour
17/04/2008, 6:54 PM
Could this be a Connacht Senior Cup that the draw is for?

If not does anyone have the rest of it please....exciting times! :D

Wexford Rules
17/04/2008, 10:20 PM
If you go onto the Mayo Womens link you will see the full first round draw plus byes for the FAI Senior Cup

chick
18/04/2008, 8:28 AM
Draw made 16/04/08

Mayo league vs Roscommon
Ballina f.c. vs Combined counties
Knock/Kiltimagh vs Galway league
Athlone ladies vs drogheda
st francis vs raheny
peamount vs ballincollig
aisling annacotty vs wilton
limerick league vs monaghan league
corinthians vs wexford

bye
benfica
lifford
dundalk city
cork league
dwsl
stella maris
dundalk

GAME'S TO BE PLAYED JULY 27th 2008 :p

Monkey
18/04/2008, 10:27 AM
what bour the intermediate cup anybody got full draw for that ???

37Beour
18/04/2008, 1:16 PM
Thanks for posting it up Chick!:)

Interesting draw.....Have Athlone and Monaghan League being in the Senior Cup b4? Where are St Francis from? I apologise for my ignorance!!!

I know its pretty early...but who do ye think will get into 2nd round?:D

ramladies
18/04/2008, 2:18 PM
3 id go with to get through to 2nd round would be mayo league, galway league and wilton

37Beour
18/04/2008, 3:20 PM
I would say Mayo, Ballina, Drogheda and Raheny. Knock are suppose to have a very strong and physical team lined up for the coming season so this might cause a problem for the current holders Galway. Aisling Annacotty v Wilton i think will depend on what players both teams will have on the day but when these teams have met previously in underage competitions the matches have always been explosive and brilliant. Both squads are extremely talented and again it will be determined on how local competitions leave the players b4 July 27th.

Limerick League are not as strong this year due to Aisling Annnacottys participation in Senior cup and their entrance into second round will depend on the calibre of the Monaghan League but Limerick teams are battlers and have always had an unlucky draw having got in 2006 Dundalk (2005 winners) in 2006 Mayo (2006 winners) and Mayo again last year!

Peamount v Ballincollig is also an interesting tie. I have never seen Peamount play but they are a good side. Ballincollig are also a good side but when i watched them play a couple weeks back in a challenge the squad was depleted with a good few young girls and this could hamper their efforts but i do not know what their squad is like week in week out so a person involved in Cork league would prob give a better assessment, the same for Peamount.:ball:

There are going to be some exciting times!! :D

ramladies
19/04/2008, 12:14 AM
cant see ballincollig beating peamount, they've lost alot of key players over the close season and pretty much have a young team now with not much experience.

corkrebel
19/04/2008, 1:09 PM
I agree with Ramladies, I can’t see BAllincollig beating Peamount. Ballincollig are going through a major transition at the moment and have a very young team, no doubt they will be strong in a couple of years when the likes of Zoe Murphy is a bit older but not this year. Unless Kariena Richards comes back from the USA and plays along with Susan Donovan and Sarah O’Donovan. But last year Kariena and Sarah didn’t play at all and Susan only played a little. I think with those players they have a chance but without them it’ll be a very tough game. I also think Wilton will be much too strong for Annacotty besides Lisa Toohy I don’t think any Annacotty player would get in Wilton starting line up. Annacotty won’t roll over for Wilton but I cant see them winning that game.
Aren't St Francis made up of all ucd players from last year?

olegunnar
19/04/2008, 3:44 PM
monaghan league?? sure thats not just monaghan utd team, dont think there is a league up there...

galway league will perform well again this season

LmkSnr
18/06/2008, 10:19 PM
SENIOR CUP
Athlone ladies
monaghan league
corinthians

Anyone know are these league or club teams.If club how did they qualify.:cool:

rasper
06/07/2008, 4:43 PM
first round of this years irish cup to be played in knock co.mayo on sunday july 13th at 2.30 last years inter winners play last years senior winners.

mayo league play roscommon/east galway league on wednesday july 23rd in manulla f.c. (mayo) at 7.pm.

Wexford Rules
06/07/2008, 9:13 PM
Athlone Ladies are actually Bealnamulla and have been withdrawn as Combined Counties are entered as a league in their own right
Monaghan are Monaghan united and are a club and not a league
College Corrinthians are a club from Cork.

Some interesting ties coming up and once the cup kicks off, it will begin to generate a bit of excitement

LmkSnr
08/07/2008, 10:23 PM
So if Athlone,Monaghan,College Corintihans are clubs how were they accepted into senior cup.Is there not certain criteria that must be met to make a club qualify for the competiton?:cool:

Squeez
09/07/2008, 10:55 AM
The Senior Cup was initially a club cup competition, but a few years back the WFAI decided to allow league representatives teams play in the cup to try and expand the competition.
I was always under the impression that you had to either win the intermediate cup or at least get to the final before you could enter the senior cup? is this not the case anymore? It seems as if teams are just entering now for the sake of it! I think this will only bring down the standard of this competition, this cup competition should be the cup that all teams aspire to playing in once they've worked their way up from Junior-Intermediate to senior.
As for the corinthians team? is that def the cork side college corinthians, thought they had folded last year??

Wexford Rules
09/07/2008, 6:46 PM
Its definitely the Cork side cos our league side is playing them in the first round.

Strangely, anyone can enter the Senior Cup, its just that clubs that dont have to, usually dont. Its good to see clubs with the ambition to play above themselves want to enter it but I personally think there should be a qualifying criteria as there is in the mens cup

LmkSnr
09/07/2008, 7:10 PM
Nice one Wexford rules;Like to see clubs with ambition enter.nothing like a handy draw to get a team going.But seriousley are these open competions can a club jump from senior to intermediate or junior.....

ramladies
09/07/2008, 10:41 PM
Corinthians are defo punching above their weight if it is the Cork side after entering the senior cup, agree with Wexford rules there should be qualifying criteria for entering the Senior cup this happening brings down the level of it. I think the WFAI should be using this cup to try and establish a National league from it and should therefore try have the level as high as possible.

corkrebel
09/07/2008, 11:23 PM
If the College Corinthians in the senior Cup are the College Corinthians in the Cork league it is a huge mistake by the WFAI and the people running the Munster Cup, assuming the wfai don't run that too. Corinthians are bottom of the Cork first division, there is a premier division in Cork too so that means there are 13 teams above them in Cork. From looking at the draw the other teams in the Cork first division are in the junior cup which means they are playing well out of their dept.
Surely there should be someone checking the entrants? I was also told a team had to get into the final of the intermediate cup before they could play in the senior cup?

Wexford Rules
10/07/2008, 8:20 AM
Lower ranked teams can play up, such as Junior teams can play Intermediate and Senior if they so desire but Senior teams cannot play down. There is a rule that once you reach the final of the Intermediate Cup you must advance to Senior and the same goes for Junior to Intermediate.

The age old problem with the Senior cup is that when its just senior clubs, nobody bothers entering, one year there were seven entrants. When it opens up a little, the standard drops. However like all cups, the cream will rise to the top eventually and its usually one of the top teams that will win it.

It is probably obvious that College Corinthians are in the wrong cup but the forms are straight forward and they obviously slipped through the net.

As for LimSnr comment about a handy draw, our league team have entered this cup four times and we are still looking for our first win, this is despite having quite a strong league but we are a winter league and all our so called top players all play GAA for the summer. i think in most peoples eyes, we would be considered the handy draw

chick
10/07/2008, 3:37 PM
Mayo league vs Roscommon
Ballina f.c. vs Combined counties
Knock/Kiltimagh vs Galway league
Athlone ladies vs drogheda
st francis vs raheny
peamount vs ballincollig
aisling annacotty vs wilton
limerick league vs monaghan league
corinthians vs wexford

Prediciton time!!!

Here goes.....
Mayo
Ballina
Galway
Athlone
Raheny
Peamount
Wilton
Monaghan
Wexford

Wexford Rules
10/07/2008, 7:54 PM
Predictions look good only Athlone have withdrawn so Drogheda go through

St Francis v Raheny could be a cracker as I believe that St Francis have a load of former UCD players but would feel that Raheny still might scrape through

Only other comment I have is Limerick League is playing Monaghan United who are an Intermediate side and Limerick should have too much for them

Looking forward to a few interesting months ahead and I predict Galway League to give a good account of retaining their cup

rasper
11/07/2008, 2:52 PM
irish cup predictions

combined counties
knock/kiltimagh
drogheda
raheny
peamount
aisling annacotty
monaghan league
wexford
mayo league

ramladies
12/07/2008, 3:22 AM
My predictions.

Mayo
Ballina
Galway
Drogheda
Raheny
Peamount
Wilton
Limerick
Wexford

rasper
12/07/2008, 1:58 PM
am i the only one that thinks knock/kiltimagh will win 2moro.
scoreline 3-1

ramladies
12/07/2008, 3:01 PM
am i the only one that thinks knock/kiltimagh will win 2moro.
scoreline 3-1
Think this will be close game Galway coming out 2-1 winners.

corkrebel
12/07/2008, 5:15 PM
Is the KK V Galway game tomorrow? When are the rest of the games?
I don't know much about a few teams in the cup but know pretty much nothing about, Monaghan, Athlone or Drogheda but here is my prediction
Mayo
Ballina
Galway
Drogheda
Raheny
Peamount
Wilton
Limerick
Wexford

rasper
13/07/2008, 4:58 PM
result from knock
knock/kiltimagh 0 - 3 galway league
galway well worth their win had a player sent off (being the last player back)
knock never really got going so galway march on

ramladies
13/07/2008, 7:16 PM
result from knock
knock/kiltimagh 0 - 3 galway league
galway well worth their win had a player sent off (being the last player back)
knock never really got going so galway march on

Say Galway will certainly give a good account of themselves in retaining their title although saying that the fact that there also playing in europe may affect them later on.

Also to do with College Corinthians the secretary of the mens team is in charge of registrating the woman for cups and such and he made the mistake of entering them in the senior cup and when the womans team realised it was too late to change.

Magicme
14/07/2008, 1:22 PM
irish cup predictions

monaghan league

Its Monaghan United Rasper!

rasper
14/07/2008, 1:51 PM
Its Monaghan United Rasper!

sorry, at i least i think you'll win

chick
14/07/2008, 7:57 PM
Say Galway will certainly give a good account of themselves in retaining their title although saying that the fact that there also playing in europe may affect them later on.

do you think it will affect them positively or negatively?

ramladies
14/07/2008, 8:47 PM
do you think it will affect them positively or negatively?
think it could be either, like should they get through next round, quarters are scheduled for the 7th Sept and there playing in Europe from the 4th to the 7th so they would have to play this before they leave, just feel it could effect them either way be it good or bad, hopefully good cause Galways are a brillant side and really hope they do well in Europe help raise the profile of Irish Womans Soccer.

girlinblack
17/07/2008, 11:23 AM
Hey All,

Am i right in saying that the Mayo V Roscommon fixture is on next wednesday (23rd July). If so, does anyone know the KO time?

Thanks!

ashy
19/07/2008, 2:27 PM
this match scheduled for sun 27th but our under 14's in national cup final also that day against Aisling A also... wilton asked could they play senior game the fri r sat b4 it as both team have same manager mr pat bowdren..... Aisling A senior manager refused to change which is a disgrace as not only will pat have to choose a team 2 go with... senior team cant even support d kids in d f.a.i final.... f.a.i should defo do something here....

37Beour
19/07/2008, 3:25 PM
I think Wilton have been protected enough by the FAI especially with the news the U16 match scheduled for 2morow due to one Wiltons player inclusion in U17 Irish side has been postponed on request from Wilton.

Now its being played next weekend i think which makes it even more ridiculous for ye since now d 16's match is being played fri or sat, 14's on sunday as well as seniors....ye possibly made it that bit more difficult for yerselves!!:cool:

Leave well enough alone i think.

LmkSnr
19/07/2008, 4:18 PM
this match scheduled for sun 27th but our under 14's in national cup final also that day against Aisling A also... wilton asked could they play senior game the fri r sat b4 it as both team have same manager mr pat bowdren..... Aisling A senior manager refused to change which is a disgrace as not only will pat have to choose a team 2 go with... senior team cant even support d kids in d f.a.i final.... f.a.i should defo do something here....

Dont think Aishling are the problem. The draw for the senior cup was made 16.4.08 with the date to be played 27.7.08. so every senior team in Ireland is working to this date. with that i dont think many senior teams would change from that date with such short notice.

The under 14 semi final was only two weeks ago so it was well known that Wilton had a senior cup game on this date. So lets be honest here! Its the under 14 National final that should have being moved to allow Wilton some space.

THE WOMENS SENIOR CUP COMPETION SHOULD BE SHOWN THE RESPECT IT DESERVES.;)

corkrebel
20/07/2008, 11:36 AM
Wilton are well within their right to ask for a game off if they have a player playing for Ireland. Why should they play without a player who must be one of their best. Altho I don't know which player it is, if she is playing for Ireland she must be good.
As for the clash of the other two games. Firstly I was told they are playing a team from Roscommon in the Under 14, secondly The FAI sets the date and time for finals as well as venue, which means the Under 14 game can not be changed, however as far as I am aware for other rounds in the Cups they set a date that it must be played on or before, hence the reason some games are already played, LmkSnr are you saying Galway and KK didn't show the Senior Cup the respect it deserves because they played already and not on July 27th. While I blame the FAI for bad scheduling I also think AA could be more accommodating, from speaking to a Wilton player I was told they wouldn't even play it a few hours earlier and also Wilton have been trying since they won their Under 14 semi to get the Annacotty game changed so it was hardly short notice. As for saying Wilton are Protected by the FAI because they asked for a game off because of a player on international duty, what's that about? Any team would get the game off, have you some personal feelings on this? Remember last year KK got a game off with Cobh and Wilton asked for a game off against a Dublin side they were told to put everything in writing and the FAI would see what they could do the next thing they knew the team they were to play had already played the next round and the FAI never even bothered telling Wilton of their decicion, yes they are really being protected by the FAI!
One more thing on the FAI, and I will admit i didn't hear this from Wilton but from a player in another club, apparently the FAI scheduled the Under 14 final for Turner's Cross and told the clubs this, then changed Cork City V St Pats to the same day and time and Venue, a bit of a kick in the teeth to any player who was looking forward to playing in Irelands finest soccer stadium.

ramladies
20/07/2008, 7:23 PM
Seems typical of FAI no Cork team can ever get a straight honest answer from them, Supposedly they set dates for the games to be played and they must be played then, like ours last year we were just told we had to play it the week later, no choice in the matter. Joke. On da matter of the match think Wilton will come out on top going with a 2 or 3 nil victory for Wilton.

libero4
20/07/2008, 9:52 PM
Well done to Longford for reaching the final in their first year. I hear they are a class outfit. Why are they asked to travel to Cork to play a Cork team in the final. This doesnt seem fair. They have already travelled to Dublin twice, Donegal in the quarter final and Ennis in the semi final. There are plenty of neutral venues.
Shame on Aisling Annacotty for not accommodating Wilton with a later kick off. In my experience the home team usually asks the travelling team what time suits them to play and not tie them to a particular time.
How would AA feel if the roles were reversed? When a club reaches a final it is nice if all the teams in the club can go to the final and cheer their clubmates on. AA are known for being awkward but one day they will be looking for a favour and they will find that some people have long memories.
How on earth did someone arrange the u.16 games on the same wekend as an u17 international match. Its no wonder some people get frustrated with the FAI.

munsterman
21/07/2008, 2:19 AM
It is a pity that Wilton senior team cant cheer on their clubmates, one thing people involved in women's soccer always talk about is the lack of attendances at games and now 20+ who would definitely be at the game cant go because of a womens soccer game, maybe there is a good reason for it, is anyone from Annacotty on this forum? Maybe they could shed some light on it? As for the game being in Cork, I think but I'm not definite that in the Under 14 Nat Cup final both teams toss and the winner gets the game played at their local FAI or Eircom league pitch. Obviously Wilton one that, I don't know if the game was originally set for Turner's Cross but it is now in Blarney where the FAI have helped out a lot financially with their impressive pitch. It's probably a good thing the cork league team got a bye otherwise the attendance would be smaller again, as i hope people involved in clubs in Cork will go and support their fellow Corkonians

37Beour
21/07/2008, 8:22 AM
How about we look at this from Aisling Annacotty perspective??

The draw was made back in March/April as far as i know for the senior cup, as far as i am concerned AA have been working and training towards the 27th of July that means players have holidays booked before and after that date and the squad would be seriously depleted, including the day of the match with players flying out on the evening of the 27th. As it is there is players breaking holidays around Ireland and travelling back from Donegal for the game on the 27th. What is AA to do?? Field a weakend side because Wilton want to watch their U14 players play?? Of course it is a fantastic achievement to reach a national cup final but at the same time AA have their own interests to look after and that is the date they have been preparing for the last 4 months!! So less of this AA have a history of been awkward but i don't think they will apologise for trying to be successful and field the best team possible on match days like any other team in competitions.

corkrebel
21/07/2008, 10:36 AM
Even taking into account the fact that all their players have arranged holidays around this fixture and that they have been training for four months, surely it wouldn't kill them to play at 11 o clock I cant see how the only time they can play is 2 o clock. If the players are available for 2 o clock they should be available for eleven, the game would be over by one and the Wilton team and anyone travelling with them would be in Blarney by 2. No one is asking annacotty to put Wilton ahead of their own chances of winning but not even moving the game forward a few hours seems a little awkward to me, and i cant see why they wont do that.

ashy
21/07/2008, 12:26 PM
story is wilton under 16's r playing Aisling A fri night who have different managers.... so cant see how things were made awkward there....
seniors & u14's playing sunday at 2k.o who have same manager....
seniors in limerick..........
u14's in cork.......
Aisling A wont budge with the time of k.o. cant see what 2r3 hours would make a difference...
wilton have been asking since d u14's got 2 d final we even agreed to come and play u16's and senior game together but they have some u16's on d senior squad which is understandable..not been able to support d kids in national cup final is a complete disaster.........

olegunnar
21/07/2008, 4:41 PM
anyone involved in football knows whats going on here, from anyones perspective.

When you come up in a cup fixture, everyone plans around the date. The team looking for the change of time (Wilton), are normally doing it for a reason (other u14 match), and their opponant (AA) feel that they are strongest at 2pm and have the rules on their side.

If i was running a team, and this scenario meant that I'd lose even one player due to changing a kick off time, I wouldnt do it. We are all great when the rules are on our side, so AA don't have to do anything, only plan to be their best at 2pm on the 27th.

At u16 level, again, if i lost a player due to international duty, i would also use the rules to get my postponement, we all would. The difficulty is always the refix game, how soon it will be due to needing to sort out subsequent rounds.

Wilton must be a strong club, i dont know anything about them, but they are paying the price for success. I've seen Kells play,who they beat in u14 semi final in cork 4-2,and kells beat longford 2-0 last week, they have u16 players getting called up to ireland squad, and are competing in WFAI Senior, not inter or junior. Its a pity that their manager is involved with both teams, this is often a problem when there are too few volunteers managers/coaches.

I can see a lot of ill-will in Annacotty sunday,which is a pity. I hope it doesn't spoil the weekend. I think the u14 team final is the first national cup decided this season, best of luck to both teams.

It's only "my two cents". But, issues like these are ONLY changeable at WFAI AGM as they run the national cups.

again, I'm only speaking from a neutral perspective, my club don't run girls football anymore, but i'd still try keep tabs on things.

:)

rasper
24/07/2008, 12:02 AM
results from irish senior cup 2008
mayo league 6-0 roscommon/east galway
ballina town get W.O. over combined counties (very late call)
good luck to both mayo side's

Wexford Rules
26/07/2008, 9:13 PM
Wexford League received a walkover from College Corinthians late last night, a very late call