PDA

View Full Version : Pat Kelly

Éanna
22/07/2003, 12:11 AM
It just struck me as I was posting in another thread about mckeons simply bizarre decision against waterford that Pat Kelly has been getting away with murder. he is the man responsible for assessing referees, and as far as I can see he is 100% unfit for the job. No wonder the referees are turning in crap week after week if they're going to get away with it.

PAT KELLY OUT

RedX
22/07/2003, 12:16 AM
Was'nt O Neil demoted after not reporting Owen Heary after the recent City and Shels game at Turners Cross.I am not sure if this story was mentioned here.Heary clearly shoved O Neil when City were awarded a penalty that Flynny eventually missed.....

Éanna
22/07/2003, 12:19 AM
I heard that he got a months in Div 1, he was also sent down after the 4 minutes of injury time hat never was fiasco at the cross a few years back. Yet he still gets a FIFA badge :rolleyes: :confused: I think questions have to be asked of Kelly. The other issue here is that if he been demoted, why is it not made public knowledge like it is in England? either way Kelly is not coming out of any of this well

Neil
22/07/2003, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by RedX
Was'nt O Neil demoted after not reporting Owen Heary after the recent City and Shels game at Turners Cross.
He was... for a month... and geuss what his first game back was? City v Bohs at Dalymount when he failed to give the peno that the linesman was waving for! (I'm open to correction on this because it seems so unbelieveable! but thats the truth I think)

Éanna
22/07/2003, 5:10 PM
Originally posted by Neil
He was... for a month... and geuss what his first game back was? City v Bohs at Dalymount when he failed to give the peno that the linesman was waving for! (I'm open to correction on this because it seems so unbelieveable! but thats the truth I think) that sounds about right. remember when hanlon destroyed our title bid in inchicore- what was his first city game after that? City -v- Pats at the Cross in the Supercup:rolleyes: A former city player told me that the only thing complaining a ref to the FAI does is ensure you get that ref as often as possible :mad:

Colm
22/07/2003, 6:00 PM
On the subject of Jim O'Neill, it is actually quite astonishing how many controversial City games he has been involved in. This season alone, he was involved in the incident where he left the Shels players push him around at the Cross, he waved away the linesman signalling for a peno away to Bohs and he was the fourth official the other night against Waterford!

I could also list numerous incidents from seasons past!

niamh
22/07/2003, 11:31 PM
That's the thing about calling for a non-Dub/Cork ref for Dublin/Cork matches - we'd probably end up with O'Neill. And it seems instead of trying to change the refs thinking all the FAI do is demote them for a bit to a league where no one will hear about the dodgy decisions they make there.

Pat Kelly has a tough job to do but he doesn't seem to be making any noticeable progress. Saying that I know it will take time.

razor
23/07/2003, 7:42 AM
Just a point if Kelly suspended O'Neill for not putting the Heary shove in his report.

What is happening to Heary ?

Surely assaulting a referee carries a huge suspension

Éanna
23/07/2003, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by razor
Surely assaulting a referee carries a huge suspension
Should do, but then he has Oily Byrne to fight his corner

tiktok
23/07/2003, 11:37 PM
might be way off the mark here, but football authorities are slow to act on video evidence, and since the problem with o'neill suggests he didn't include it in his report the FAI will take a while to act unless of course if Heary was named in pat kelly's file.