PDA

View Full Version : V Athlone

Youths4Ever
15/04/2008, 2:00 PM
After finally getting our first three points of the season can we do it again on Friday night.
Hopefully in front of another big crowd.

passinginterest
15/04/2008, 2:26 PM
If we really mean to push on this season then this is a must win game. It will be give a very clear indication of what this team can hope to achieve. I'm full of optimism so going for a 2-0 win.

Splurge
15/04/2008, 3:13 PM
I'd be happy with 4 points from our next two games, Athlone and Longford at home. Should be a decent enough crowd there, seems to be a fair buzz around the place and no one left the games i was at bored.

warriorprincess
16/04/2008, 1:38 PM
I don't see why we can't repeat the 2-0 win in our match against Athlone. Forza Wexford Youths!

brokenstar
17/04/2008, 10:41 AM
Confidence should be high in the Youths camp after that great win over Monaghan so i'll be holding out for a home win. I don't see any reason why we can't get one against Athlone. Heard some early team news that Stuuy Lawlor won't play due to a knee injury.

passinginterest
17/04/2008, 11:25 AM
Confidence should be high in the Youths camp after that great win over Monaghan so i'll be holding out for a home win. I don't see any reason why we can't get one against Athlone. Heard some early team news that Stuuy Lawlor won't play due to a knee injury.

Also on the team front I think Joey Wadding has quit the squad. Would be a pity if he has, as he's been a favourite with a lot of the supporters.

Sunny Jim
17/04/2008, 12:54 PM
Joey will be sorely missed, if it's true. Anyone know why he quit? And is it true that Locky is gone as well?

passinginterest
17/04/2008, 1:18 PM
Joey will be sorely missed, if it's true. Anyone know why he quit? And is it true that Locky is gone as well?

Just not happy with how the team was being picked, no explanation for being left out, that kind of thing.

brokenstar
17/04/2008, 4:38 PM

The rumour that Locky is gone too is true. Apparently he's going to the states to train to be a pilot from what i've heard.

If the rumour about Joey is true, he's another in a long line of players that Mick has lost for the reasons that passinginterest gave.

oldyouth
17/04/2008, 7:18 PM
The rumour that Locky is gone too is true. Apparently he's going to the states to train to be a pilot from what i've heard..
Lockie, a pilot!! That gives a whole new meaning to the song 'When Lockie goes raiding down the wing, the Youths, The Youths:D

Sniffer
17/04/2008, 7:34 PM
Forgive the ignorance of a passerby- no pun intended - who's Locky?

oldyouth
17/04/2008, 7:46 PM
Liam O'Loughlin, the most attack minded player we have/had. 4ft 6 inches of pure talent. He could raid down the wing and cross a ball in to the box that could hang there for 5 minutes while the rest of the team tried in vain to get forward to meet it

Footsoldier
17/04/2008, 10:52 PM
Liam O'Loughlin, the most attack minded player we have/had. 4ft 6 inches of pure talent. He could raid down the wing and cross a ball in to the box that could hang there for 5 minutes while the rest of the team tried in vain to get forward to meet it

He was also the 5th Beatle, single handedly drove the Germans out of Russia in WWII, and invented time travel. He'll be missed!!!!!! :D

oldyouth
18/04/2008, 8:06 AM
Why won't Mick build a private runway at the complex to let Lockie fly his plane in for home games?
Seems penny pinching to me, cheap skate:confused:

Footsoldier
18/04/2008, 10:45 AM
He has to think about getting planning for it though! :p

Although he could just build it and then apply for retention!!!! :D

Sunny Jim
18/04/2008, 11:04 AM
If the rumour about Joey is true, he's another in a long line of players that Mick has lost for the reasons that passinginterest gave.

If we keep losing players at this rate, we're going to be in big trouble this season.

brokenstar
18/04/2008, 11:13 AM
If we keep losing players at this rate, we're going to be in big trouble this season.

I'd tend to agree, but i'd be more worried about the reasons the players are quitting so easily. If the rumour about Joey is true, it's not the first player i've heard that quit for being treated this way.

Youths4Ever
18/04/2008, 11:53 PM
2-0 another clean sheet and 3 points good performance and not a bad crowd for a miserable night.
Overall a good night at the office :D:D:D

oldyouth
19/04/2008, 12:00 AM
Great back to back wins which sometimes has a habit of colouring the memory. I left the ground well happy but thought we rode our luck a bit by reverting to our old failing of dropping back too deep. Perhaps a more accomplished side would have hurt us badly on the night.
I thought Lockies mind was elsewhere, understandably. Best of luck to him for the future, you got to do what you got to do when the chance comes along

Splurge
19/04/2008, 9:28 AM
thought we rode our luck a bit by reverting to our old failing of dropping back too deep. Perhaps a more accomplished side would have hurt us badly on the night.

agreed, we looked decent until we scored which usually seems to happen to us, but on the whole i tought we defended well and were worthy winners.

Ash
19/04/2008, 10:01 AM
I thought we were all over ye until ye scored, then we reverted to the usual rubbish. Wexford definately worth the win though and that was a very good croiwd for the night that was in it.

That was my 1st visit to Wexford and I was mghtly impressed with the facilities.

Keep up the good work there.

oldyouth
19/04/2008, 10:43 AM
I thought we were all over ye until ye scored, then we reverted to the usual rubbish. Wexford definately worth the win though and that was a very good croiwd for the night that was in it.

That was my 1st visit to Wexford and I was mghtly impressed with the facilities.

Keep up the good work there.
Thanks Ash. I'll always call my football as I see it. Your lads found their man with passes better than we did and I thought we were going to be in trouble early on.

I think the circumstances of the 1st goal deflated you a little. Very difficult playing conditions but Athlone coped better than us. It really bugs me that we go too deep and it's as if Mick doesn't trust his back line and defensive midfielders to do their job if we were to push forward.

wexfordseagull
19/04/2008, 12:32 PM
glad to see you got home okay ash,will see you in athlone,hopefully we will be in a good position,and i'm sure that you wil be too.tony