PDA

View Full Version : TV Add

LK37oldskool
14/04/2008, 8:11 PM
Anyone catch the add on Setanta for L37 game on Fri. Have to give credit to the club for their approach. Explains the camera's at the home games recently.:)

Monkfish
14/04/2008, 10:06 PM
Id say the West Limerick accent on it will have people lost and confused, good man Joe! :)

Denis The Red
15/04/2008, 12:37 PM
Have to give credit to the club for their approach.

Agreed, it's a good idea but the ad dosen't do it for me, sorry.
Maybe something like the Failte Ireland ads with Cranberry music included.:D

Lim till i die
15/04/2008, 3:00 PM
Cranberry music included.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Roadend
15/04/2008, 3:09 PM
Cranberry music included.:D

Promises? :p

Raheny Red
17/04/2008, 7:19 AM
Anyone catch the add on Setanta for L37 game on Fri. Have to give credit to the club for their approach. Explains the camera's at the home games recently.:)

Are they showing the game live on Friday or is it just highlights?

pete
17/04/2008, 9:14 AM
I am not having a cut off ye but say that ad & even as an LOI fan it would put me off attending your games. When I saw it first I thought it was on of those adverts on Sky Sports for the builders suppliers chain with football theme... :o

Just my two cents...

Lim till i die
17/04/2008, 9:18 AM
I am not having a cut off ye but say that ad & even as an LOI fan it would put me off attending your games. When I saw it first I thought it was on of those adverts on Sky Sports for the builders suppliers chain with football theme... :o

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear pete.

Besides us Limerick folk are different, we like things a bit rough around the edges. :p

Plus now more people are aware of a place where you can spend a large chunk of your Friday evening without being shot at.

pete
17/04/2008, 9:23 AM
Plus now more people are aware of a place where you can spend a large chunk of your Friday evening without being shot at.

Opposition keepers don't pay to enter though :p

Lim till i die
17/04/2008, 9:25 AM
Opposition keepers don't pay to enter though :p

True.

The opposition has to pay to get out though. ;)

Raheny Red
17/04/2008, 7:53 PM
Are they showing the game live on Friday or is it just highlights?

Anyone? :)

superfrank
17/04/2008, 7:58 PM
Fair play to Limerick for seizing the initiative and putting the club out there on the telly.

Pretty sure no other club has done it.

Just wondering, do Limerick have any sponsors? The blank green shirt looks more Sunday League then eircom League.

Jofspring
17/04/2008, 8:05 PM
its neither live or highlights, just an add for the match on friday.

there are sponsers on the jerseys now, picture can be seen in the new jersey thread.

L37Ultra
18/04/2008, 8:48 AM

Just wondering, do Limerick have any sponsors? The blank green shirt looks more Sunday League then eircom League.

Limerick's new jersey and sponsors were announced this week. (http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/273/)

L37Ultra
18/04/2008, 8:50 AM
1qTaZnSHlgI

Monkfish
18/04/2008, 8:51 AM
Just wondering, do Limerick have any sponsors?

Yes, lots and lots of them:o. Just have a look at the new kit and not the temp one we have been using.

Monkfish
18/04/2008, 8:53 AM
Anyone? :)

Think the viewing figures outside the Dundalk area would be 0 methinks:)

L37Ultra
18/04/2008, 8:55 AM
Yes, lots and lots of them:o. Just have a look at the new kit and not the temp one we have been using.

Ya, there is Connolly men on the back, Sporting Limerick (no not our new name :o) on the sleeves, Live 95fm on the front amoung a few more on the new kit.

Jofspring
18/04/2008, 9:45 AM
first time i saw the add there. its good barr the voice over. they might be able to get someone from 95fm or something to do the voice over if they do more adds on telly.

Monkfish
18/04/2008, 12:05 PM
first time i saw the add there. its good barr the voice over. they might be able to get someone from 95fm or something to do the voice over if they do more adds on telly.

Could do with us in a blue jersey for a start, and this business of showing us scoring a peno and playing a team in pink wouldnt impress a lot of people, however............the ad is advertising the game against Dundalk, and its doing a good job in that a lot of people are talking about it. Job done? methinks indeed it is.

LK37oldskool
18/04/2008, 12:16 PM
I believe the adds are to do with the fact that Setanta are now one of our corporate sponsers.Must have got a good deal. Buzz around is very positive hope it translates to extra bodies tonight.