PDA

View Full Version : Roddy for Livingston

Rob_the_cat
14/04/2008, 6:34 PM
Well........maybe. Looks like the existing owners are staying on board. They did want Nutsy at one stage, and also had Wes Hoolahan there, so they should be reasonably au fait with our league.

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/newsdet.php?news_id=1129&type_id=1

A face
14/04/2008, 6:38 PM
Well........maybe. Looks like the existing owners are staying on board. They did want Nutsy at one stage, and also had Wes Hoolahan there, so they should be reasonably au fait with our league.

Yaeh but being au fait with Roddy is a completely different matter :p

dcfcsteve
15/04/2008, 12:32 AM

http://www.livingstonfc.co.uk/newsdet.php?news_id=1129&type_id=1

Why the hell is yer man putting money into Livingston FC.......!?! :eek:

If they're au fait with our league, they wouldn't touch Roddy with someone else's sh!tty stick.

Though I'll pay for his bus fare if he does go....

pete
15/04/2008, 9:31 AM
Roddy is like the rich kid at school whose Daddy buys him everything.

I am understand people investing in English football as large crowds & huge potential revenue if can move up the pyramid.

Is there any money in Scottish football? CL qualification will always be confined to the Old Firm teams so that leaves the Uefa Cup which aside from some gate money does not bring in significant TV or prize money. I don't see Livingston & other similar clubs having a huge untapped fan base either. If figures on wages posted on a different thread are correct then lower SPL is no pot of gold. Seems the only reason to invest in Scotland is vanity?

Macy
15/04/2008, 9:50 AM
It'd be interesting to see how much is actually being invested in Livingstone.

Tenderloins
15/04/2008, 10:47 AM
It'd be interesting to see how much is actually being invested in Livingstone.

300,000 sterling according to the Indo for a 50% stake.

Mr A
15/04/2008, 10:53 AM
So it's been Roddy for Gretna, for Longford, for Rotherham and now for Livingston.You have to admire that sort of tenacity if nothing else!

TonyD
15/04/2008, 12:20 PM

Spot on. "Buy us a club, go on, pleeeease"

Tenderloins
15/04/2008, 12:29 PM
Any odds on relegation for next seasons Scottish first division out yet?

Royal rover
15/04/2008, 1:22 PM
roddy will be back in football - no doubt we will see a number of irish lads going over to livingston if he's appointed manager - from what i read this mcmullen guy has serious wedge and for the figure paid it doesn't seem like a huge amount for a 50% stake- is there any logic to this investment- - the one thing that has always struck me about collins is he's excuses when things go wrong- dublin city , rovers, carlisle, i admire anyone who admits they make mistakes but roddy has always blamed someone else for his failures, which is why no one will ever touch him in the el, he reminds me a lot Sean connors in some repects although connors i believe is actually a good manager!!!! If roddy gets the job and few wins under his belt he'll be touting himself for greater things , Mcmullen beware!!!!!!

thischarmingman
15/04/2008, 1:24 PM

"I don't like that one anymore. I want that one!"

dcfcsteve
15/04/2008, 1:32 PM
roddy will be back in football - no doubt we will see a number of irish lads going over to livingston if he's appointed manager - from what i read this mcmullen guy has serious wedge and for the figure paid it doesn't seem like a huge amount for a 50% stake- is there any logic to this investment- - the one thing that has always struck me about collins is he's excuses when things go wrong- dublin city , rovers, carlisle, i admire anyone who admits they make mistakes but roddy has always blamed someone else for his failures, which is why no one will ever touch him in the el, he reminds me a lot Sean connors in some repects although connors i believe is actually a good manager!!!! If roddy gets the job and few wins under his belt he'll be touting himself for greater things , Mcmullen beware!!!!!!

50% of fcuk all is still fcuk all. Are Livingston worth £600,000 ? Do they actually have any assets ? How much debt do they have ? What's their income ? It's all very well to think £300k for half a football club is cheap. But it's Livingston, not Real Madrid.

As for Collins taking players to Scotland, any who go will not receive any sympathy from me for when it inevitably all goes worng. They should be left in Scotland to rot in the Highland League.

pól-dcfc
15/04/2008, 1:38 PM
As for Collins taking players to Scotland, any who go will not receive any sympathy from me for when it inevitably all goes worng. They should be left in Scotland to rot in the Highland League.

Who would realistically follow Roddy? I don't doubt he still has some players willing to support him in the LoI, but would anyone actually go across the water with him after his brilliant success at Carlisle?

They only need to look at Darren Kelly's career (a player who could easily have played in a decent championship team) to see that following the plasterer is a shocking idea.

dcfcsteve
15/04/2008, 2:19 PM
Who would realistically follow Roddy? I don't doubt he still has some players willing to support him in the LoI, but would anyone actually go across the water with him after his brilliant success at Carlisle?

They only need to look at Darren Kelly's career (a player who could easily have played in a decent championship team) to see that following the plasterer is a shocking idea.

Money and 'the dream' are dazzling lights that some players will always be stupid enough to get drawn towards.

And inevitably some will get burnt when they get drawn too close to it...

pete
15/04/2008, 3:32 PM
The Indo had McMullen quoted as saying buying into Livington was the proudest day of his life. From the guy who has failed to buy into at least 3 clubs prior to Livingston :rolleyes:

Are Livingston worth E1m? I presume they have some significant debts or would not be having the fire sale?

Longfordian
15/04/2008, 4:05 PM
300,000 sterling according to the Indo for a 50% stake.

From the digging around that some people around here did it would appear that he wouldn't actually be free to invest much more than that. A lot of his assets are leveraged by all accounts. Certainly people in the know didn't feel he'd be able to come up with millions.

Maroon 7
15/04/2008, 5:16 PM
Roddy for Livingston

Poor Livingston.

Royal rover
23/04/2008, 8:55 AM
looks like it's a dead cert now- i can't wait for the interviews with sky sports plus imagine mass migration of EL players to the scotish first division. not very likely, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7362171.stm

Jerry The Saint
23/04/2008, 3:07 PM
looks like it's a dead cert now- i can't wait for the interviews with sky sports plus imagine mass migration of EL players to the scotish first division. not very likely, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7362171.stm

Curtis Fleming is Assistant Manager there. You might say that undermining an established, popular management team yet again could be classed as despicable behaviour but for Roddy it's just par for the course.

nijboyle
23/04/2008, 7:45 PM
Well he have any input on their transfer policy? Who do you reckon, if so, he would go for?

Royal rover
24/04/2008, 6:37 AM
if history is anything to go by expect to see a few dubs heading over - jason gavin,richie byrne, possibly is one -i have every belief that he will use the EL as recruitment drive for the club, the whole thing has dubs on tour written all over it, from what i have heard about him supposedly he's great craic, and after what he did with carlisle bringing in guys like paul byrne i expect the whole thing to be a farce, i pray RTE will do another documentary "the Rod squad part deux"- that was one of the funniest things i ever saw,i would love to see it again.