PDA

View Full Version : No wonder you lost against Waterford

The Sheliban
21/07/2003, 9:34 AM
Sure the playing fields aren't level at all. Everybody knows that there's a strong Waterford bias in the FAI, and all the refs are biased in favour of them as well. O'Flynn is still upset at having to choose between representing his country or represent his club. I mean if it was Wes Houlihan, the FAI would have moved heaven and earth to accommodate him. And George is also upset that he didn't get picked for the U21s at all. I mean, what more does the lad have to do? If he was playing for Bohs or Rovers or Shels, he'd be captain of the senior international side by now. No wonder his confidence is shot. You have the greatest team the world has ever seen, but you haven't a hope of realising your full potential with an uneven pack of cards and the playing fields stacked against you.

NorthoftheLee
21/07/2003, 10:31 AM
:rolleyes:

Joe can you move this piece of shíte to the dustbin please!!!!

James
21/07/2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by NorthoftheLee
:rolleyes:

Joe can you move this piece of shíte to the dustbin please!!!!

well i'm leaving it here.
think dolan is trying to make excuses week in week out for poor / inadequate performances. i'm getting abit fed up listening to the everyone in dublin is against us routine. its boring

Cityace
21/07/2003, 10:36 AM
No-one reply to this ****e cos all the l@nger wants is to stir some sh!t.

James
21/07/2003, 10:59 AM
i think the sheliban has made a good point (and in a tounge in cheek type way :))
we cant go moving everything we dont agree with or dont like to read
(esp when theres an element of truth in it)

waterford match we went 1-0 up, tried to sit back and defend a slim lead and as we have done a number of times this year it backfired.
Wrong Tactic.

i'm sick of dolan blaming ref's/ dublin bias/ we had to play team x on day Y while the wind was blowing against us for both halves etc etc weekin week out
(but if it sells papers, gets some of the brainless ccfc muppets onside.. then he'll continue to do it) :o

NorthoftheLee
21/07/2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by James
well i'm leaving it here.

Is your name JOE????:)

The Sheliban
21/07/2003, 11:39 AM
Thanks James.

I thought the Dodge thread established the right of other fans to post on another club's forum, so long as they didn't descend into personal abuse.

Yes, my post is pure ****e. It was done a la Dolan. I think the responses speak for themselves.

sadloserkid
21/07/2003, 11:51 AM
The fact of the matter is that outside of Cork (and Pats before) Dolan makes very few friends with his over-the-top rhetoric and non stop conspiracy theories. The guy's enthusiasm for eL is praiseworthy but he is horribly ungracious in defeat - there's always an excuse, some reason that his flawless tactics and selection didn't work. In short, he's always robbed!

This isn't an attack on Cork City FC before somebody gets all mouthy. it's not even an attack on Dolan, he's playing the media game and trying to ingratiate himself with the Cork fans. That makes sense and on the field, judging by the league table anyway, he's doing alright there too.

Basically Cork lads, don't take it personally, any criticism of Dolan is aimed squarely at the man himself and not the rest of ye. He mouths off too often, like his thing in the star last year about then-Limerick boss Noel O'Connor getting lots of abuse from Limerick fans. One guy on the net... apparently that constituted lots of abuse. Dolan loves the media and doesn't mind who he has to roll over to be heard. Fair play to him I say. But that's why a lot of people aren't paid-up members of his fan club.

Neil
21/07/2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by The Sheliban
I mean if it was Wes Houlihan, the FAI would have moved heaven and earth to accommodate him.

Try and say that they wouldn't.
Oilly Byrne would have that fixed up with a quick phone call and a brown envelope transaction. alledgedly :D

Explain your way out of Shels/FAI switching the City game to a fukcin Thusday.... for the sake of a friendly.... more backhanders than Wimbledon....

It's only a matter of time though before we're winning the League every season DESPITE the Dublin bias.

sadloserkid
21/07/2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Neil
It's only a matter of time though before we're winning the League every season DESPITE the Dublin bias.

Now that is optimism! Neil, you're a star! :)

The Sheliban
21/07/2003, 12:37 PM
Try and say that they wouldn't.
Oilly Byrne would have that fixed up with a quick phone call and a brown envelope transaction.

Explain your way out of Shels/FAI switching the City game to a fukcin Thusday.... for the sake of a friendly.... more backhanders than Wimbledon....

1] You have proof of Ollie's brown envelopes, I take it? Naturally you wouldn't just be speculating about something as serious as that. I suggest you bring your evidence to the relevant authorities.

2] I think I answered the fact of putting the Cork game back 24 hours on another thread. AFAIK, Shels put the Cork game back with Cork's consent. I am open to correction on this. However, if you can prove that Ollie dished out brown envelopes to have the game changed, I will gladly retract everything.

3] Neil, are you Dolan in disguise?

Neil
21/07/2003, 12:59 PM
AFAIK, Shels put the Cork game back with Cork's consent. I am open to correction on this.
And how do you know this?
What role do you play within $helbourne FC?
You're obviously not just a supporter... $hels have no supporters!

The Sheliban
21/07/2003, 1:18 PM
And how do you know this?
What role do you play within $helbourne FC?
You're obviously not just a supporter... $hels have no supporters!

As I explained before, and other people are probably bored hearing this, I heard from somebody who works in the club. I also stated at the time I had no idea how reliable the info was, and asked could someone from Cork deny the story.

I play no role within Shels. Merely a supporter. I have contributed to the Shels programme, [even edited the damn thing nearly twenty years ago,] I even contributed an article to the Cork - Shels programme this year, I used to write occasionally for the sadly defunct Hospital Pass. But I have no other connection with the club, other than supporter.

That's a good quip about Shels having no supporters. Again, you're obviously reverting to out-of-date stereotypes. Our support is not as good as yours, admittedly, but we'd easily be in the top half of the table, as regards home attendances.

Wonder how to reply to the "Shels have no supporters" line? Should I call you a redneck? ;)

Cityace
21/07/2003, 1:22 PM
Originally posted by sadloserkid
Now that is optimism! Neil, you're a star! :)

Not optimism, realism.

patsh
21/07/2003, 2:02 PM

we cant go moving everything we dont agree with or dont like to read

Hmmmm, I'm glad you put that in writing, James.

As for what Sheliban said, not every City fan agrees with what Dolan says, he is ott and can be a whinger, but he has an equal in Ollie Byrne, who, while admittedly quite for the last season or two, is just as paranoid, ranting and ott as Dolan.
So first, cast the mote from your own eye and all that, Sheliban.
You are right about Dolan, but every club calls foul.
Wait until Keeley gets going up in Derry...;)

Dolan's latest outburst, as regards last Friday night, for once, imo, is justified.
I have never seen such an incompetent, inept and disgraceful display from a referee and one of the linesman. Every supporter thinks their club is getting a raw deal, but even Waterford supporters could hardly believe some of the decisions they got.

Blue Muff
21/07/2003, 2:07 PM
Originally posted by patsh

, but even Waterford supporters could hardly believe some of the decisions they got.

Hey dont bring us into this. I thought the ref had a good game and it was defo a penalty. Either way it levels out as we had a defo penalty dissallowed in Turners Cross. Thats the game you get some and you dont get some.

We are just happy to be sitting second place in the table despite everybody saying we would fall away and get relegated

James
21/07/2003, 2:10 PM
Hmmmm, I'm glad you put that in writing, James.

whats that supposed to mean patsh?

Neil
21/07/2003, 2:10 PM
Originally posted by Blue Muff
We are just happy to be sitting second place in the table despite everybody saying we would fall away and get relegated

the only good thing about losing on Friday was that I'd love to see Waaterford stay in the top 4 for the season. If only so that that jackeen fool Noel king would have to eat his words!

The Sheliban
21/07/2003, 2:11 PM
Just for the record, as anyone who read Hospital Pass can vouch, I have been as critical of Ollie as I have of Dolan.

I'm also acutely aware that both of the above gentlemen contribute much more to the league than I do. The league needs them both. Its their excesses we don't need.

patsh
21/07/2003, 2:14 PM
whats that supposed to mean patsh?
Just nice to see that you believe impartiality is an important factor in moderating a forum.

patsh
21/07/2003, 2:16 PM
Hey dont bring us into this. I thought the ref had a good game and it was defo a penalty.

I will leave you out of it.
I spoke to 5 different Waterford supporters and not one of them thought it was a penalty and not one could say what it was given for.

Blue Muff
21/07/2003, 2:40 PM
I will leave you out of it.
I spoke to 5 different Waterford supporters and not one of them thought it was a penalty and not one could say what it was given for.

Get over it Patsh - those are the breaks you get in Football. Likewise every CC fan I spoke to said we should have had a penalty in TC. But we didnt moan like little babies afterwards.

Colm
21/07/2003, 3:19 PM
And George is also upset that he didn't get picked for the U21s at all. I mean, what more does the lad have to do?

To start with, he'd have to be under 21!:rolleyes:

patsh
21/07/2003, 6:18 PM
Get over it Patsh - those are the breaks you get in Football. Likewise every CC fan I spoke to said we should have had a penalty in TC. But we didnt moan like little babies afterwards.
If you and your team had been treated the way we were at any ground, you'd be maoning all the way to the 1st division.
I just saw the game again on TV and we were absolutely robbed by two officials.
I can accept getting/losing breaks in any game, but when
a perfectly good goal is dis-allowed
a penalty is given for nothing,even the ref can't really say what it was for,
one of our players was booked for getting tackled,
when we had a player being played on by a least 2 yards and had a chance to score, yet offside is given again,
etc. etc. etc.
you and all the other mossie's would be crying for a month.

I was delighted to see Waterford back up, and hope ye will stay up, which ye will, I think, but some disgraceful decisions the other night won the game for ye, ye didn't do it yourselves.

niamh
21/07/2003, 7:36 PM
I think everyone would agree that the standard of referees in the league is not the best. Hence you are always going to get dodgy decisions. There is no point moaning about it because there are trying to improve things themselves. However need to get on with things and win games in spite of the referee.

The ref was a factor in Friday's game but not the reason City lost. Waterford scored more goals than we did. City sat back on their lead. Dolan should be giving explanations about that and not focusing of refs who will not be changing in the near future.

patsh
21/07/2003, 8:13 PM
Originally posted by niamh
The ref was a factor in Friday's game but not the reason City lost. Waterford scored more goals than we did. City sat back on their lead. Dolan should be giving explanations about that and not focusing of refs who will not be changing in the near future.
The ref most definitely was a factor.
No, City scored as many goals as Waterford did, but we had one dis-allowed, while the ref gave them their second goal.
It won't get the points back for us, but are we supposed to say nothing ?
I have already stated that I blame Dolan for the way we played in the second half, and it's not the first time it's happened, but the biggest factor on the result of the game was the ref and one of his linesmen.

thecorner
21/07/2003, 8:50 PM
lets be honest lads, maybe the ref wasnt the best on the nite but these decisions balance themselves out over a season

we should be creating more chances anyway

how many times have we got lucky from bad refereeing desicions
sheliban i hate to say it but ur spot on

A face
21/07/2003, 10:22 PM

I just saw it on Chorus ............ Not a chance on this wide earthly world was that a peno. Have a look yourselves on ELW but my tupence is it wasn't.

For the record ... i didn't agree with the decision at the cross either. Two wrong dont make a right or ''balance things out' ... thats not how the game is played. Both incidents are totally seperate and not combined in any way.

Also for the record .... delighted that it was Waterford beat us :)

SÓC
21/07/2003, 11:11 PM
I thought the ref had a good game and it was defo a penalty.

Ahem....

seeing it on TV just pi$$ed me off even more, disgrace of a decision. This isnt the first time McKeon fcuked us over either, remember the game against UCD in the FMD season.

IMO the decision to play only 3 mins of injury time was as much of a joke. there was 3 minutes alone after the peno, then there was Connor going down injured and 5 subs which is ment to be 30 seconds each.

I just hope we a decent Ref for the Cup game.

Colm
21/07/2003, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
lets be honest lads, maybe the ref wasnt the best on the nite but these decisions balance themselves out over a season

No, no they don't. We've had far far too many bad decisions go against us so far this season and I for one am sick to the teeth of it.

Éanna
21/07/2003, 11:59 PM
it was probably the worst refereeing decision I have seen since I started supporting city. If anything it was a free out cos the forward was trying to bugger poor alan carey :mad: Sheliban you have a point in a tongue in cheek kinda way, but to be honest I've said before I take Dolan with a pinch of salt and anyone who doesn't is mad. Its one thing going over the top in your verbals to get a siege mentality going, its another thing thumping opposition fans. As for your comment re your article in the City-Shels programme, (if it was the "dublin clubs at a disadvantage" one) I was wondering who was responsible for that- to be quite honest, it was probably the most paranoid, deluded and senseless space-filler I have seen in a match programme in a long time. I don't know how it got past the editors. I hope for the sake of your mental/psychological state, that your tongue was as firmly embedded in your cheek when you wrote that as it was when you started this thread; because Pat Dolan would go redder than a tomato in embarassment if he tried a bluff like that. Either that or you were tripping........

The Sheliban
22/07/2003, 7:33 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
it was probably the worst refereeing decision I have seen since I started supporting city. If anything it was a free out cos the forward was trying to bugger poor alan carey :mad: Sheliban you have a point in a tongue in cheek kinda way, but to be honest I've said before I take Dolan with a pinch of salt and anyone who doesn't is mad. Its one thing going over the top in your verbals to get a siege mentality going, its another thing thumping opposition fans. As for your comment re your article in the City-Shels programme, (if it was the "dublin clubs at a disadvantage" one) I was wondering who was responsible for that- to be quite honest, it was probably the most paranoid, deluded and senseless space-filler I have seen in a match programme in a long time. I don't know how it got past the editors. I hope for the sake of your mental/psychological state, that your tongue was as firmly embedded in your cheek when you wrote that as it was when you started this thread; because Pat Dolan would go redder than a tomato in embarassment if he tried a bluff like that. Either that or you were tripping........

Yes, my tongue was firmly in cheek in both articles. It usually is. Too subtle for some people I know.

I agree, the penno looked harsh last night. Though I couldn't really see where the ball hit when it disappeared behind the Waterford forward. The point is though, Waterford got the ball into a position where they won the penno. The same as youse got the ball into Shels penalty area to win a penno against us. If you get the ball into the opposition's area, you stand a chance of getting pennos.

Unless of course, you're Shels, who never get given pennos by biased anti-Duiblin refs:p

noby
22/07/2003, 7:44 AM
but when a perfectly good goal is dis-allowed

whatever about the penalty descision, which we will take, he was defenitely offside for that goal.

I was standing pretty much in line, and after crossing the ball initially, he ran straight across the pitch to end up in front of the goal, about 8 yards out, and was offside the whole time as play continued.

sorry, but that's how it was.

Blue Muff
22/07/2003, 8:08 AM
Originally posted by A face

Also for the record .... delighted that it was Waterford beat us :)

Now that the post match rows are over just want to say cant wait for out next trip to TC. Its my favourite away game and always sees a big crowd down from Blaa land. I take it ye've all heard of a blaaaa.

Hopefuly when we meet again it will be first against second.

Neil
22/07/2003, 10:29 AM
I take it ye've all heard of a blaaaa.

The rest of the world call them BAPS!
But, seriously, best of luck to Waterford from now until we meet ye again. Loking forward to our next trip to the RSC (even though it's on a Tuesday night)

Colm
22/07/2003, 11:36 AM
Looking forward to our next trip to the RSC (even though it's on a Tuesday night)

Regardless of what night it's on, we will still have another very big Rebel Army crowd down there!

Schumi
22/07/2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
This isnt the first time McKeon fcuked us over either, remember the game against UCD in the FMD season. What was this? Can't remember off hand what game this was.

SÓC
22/07/2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
What was this? Can't remember off hand what game this was.

It was a 2-2 game a few years ago @ the Cross, when Liam Murphy first took charge. Ye levelled it in the last second, I think Eoin Bennis scored.

When the game was 1-1 there was the clearest hand ball on the line you'll ever see, Jennings was actually playing in goal that day for some reason. Yer number 2 pulled the ball back as it was just about to Cross the line and turned around to the Ref to await his red card/peno. Nothing happened! Im remember a certain member of this borad going mental at the time.

dont worry Éanna, they wont know it is you

Shelsman
22/07/2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Colm
No, no they don't. We've had far far too many bad decisions go against us so far this season and I for one am sick to the teeth of it.

Unless you attended all the other Premier Div games for every other club since the start of the season I don't think you can possibly say that you have been treated any worse than any other club, and watching the very brief highlights from the other games on TV doesn't qualify as having seen those games.

Shelsman
22/07/2003, 12:57 PM
Just for the record, as anyone who read Hospital Pass can vouch, I have been as critical of Ollie as I have of Dolan.

I'm also acutely aware that both of the above gentlemen contribute much more to the league than I do. The league needs them both. Its their excesses we don't need.

I can only agree with this. Ollie Byrne's efforts keeps Shels afloat ( and consequently a team that is one of 2 or 3 in the eL leading the way in professionalism ).
I'd be quite happy if he was no longer there ( as I think he's a complete eejit ) so long as Shels can continue to develop and prosper on and off the field.

Schumi
22/07/2003, 1:01 PM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
It was a 2-2 game a few years ago @ the Cross, when Liam Murphy first took charge. Ye levelled it in the last second, I think Eoin Bennis scored.

When the game was 1-1 there was the clearest hand ball on the line you'll ever see, Jennings was actually playing in goal that day for some reason. Yer number 2 pulled the ball back as it was just about to Cross the line and turned around to the Ref to await his red card/peno. Nothing happened! Im remember a certain member of this borad going mental at the time.

dont worry Éanna, they wont know it is you Oh I do remember that. :D It was Clive Delaney I think. Apparently the ball went under the keeper or he missed it or something and Clive pushed it into his arms! I was down the far end of the main stand and we were wondering why the shed was going mad!

Our second goal was dodgy as well. It was the last minute and we were throwing everything at you, Bennis was flying into the box and flattened your keeper and the ball went in. The ref stuck his arm out and I was certain it was a free out to you. Cue much cursing until it dawned on me that he'd given the goal!

Éanna
22/07/2003, 5:14 PM
Yes, my tongue was firmly in cheek in both articles. It usually is. Too subtle for some people I know.
thats fair enough. my first reaction when I finished reading it " is he taking the p1ss?!" Now that I know you were, thats alright :)