PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Woolf

Cityace
20/07/2003, 4:51 PM
Does anyone else think that l@nger is the biggest toole/spanner/muppet ever??

And the head on him in the echo!!!

Éanna
20/07/2003, 10:45 PM
on top of having the most irritating voice, the most irritating accent AND the most irritating excuse for a personality that any creature has ever been cursed with, his views are that of the american fundamentalist right led by George W Bush. So on top of being downright annoying he's also dangerous. The sooner he f*cks back off to America the better for Cork

Colm
20/07/2003, 11:55 PM
I think Wolf is trying too hard to be Howard Stern and not really suceeding. Also, he has a fixed set of very pro-American/Bush views and if anyone challenges him on them he shouts them down and will not allow anyone voice their disagreement. He is a good broadcaster but his attitude sucks.
It could be worse though, we could be talking about Prendeville, fcuking poser!

tiktok
21/07/2003, 3:45 AM
i've actually met him and he's all right to be honest. he's not half as opinionated as he is on the radio but he knows that if he doesn't rise people (or if his opinions agree with everyone) then no one is going to ring in to the show and his employers will be looking if it is worth hanging onto him.

most american dj's on talk radio work this way, shouting down people who are getting the best of you is par for the course, again because once your opinion has been crushed, the next guy won't ring in.

it's all about getting calls on the switchboard, he's not actually a bad guy.

Éanna
21/07/2003, 9:42 AM
to be quite honest anyone who defends Bush is w w@nker in my book anyway. I won't listen to him at all

Cityace
21/07/2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
to be quite honest anyone who defends Bush is w w@nker in my book anyway. I won't listen to him at all

Here,Here.

dahamsta
21/07/2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
most american dj's on talk radio work this way, shouting down people who are getting the best of youSounds like Neil Prendeville to me. The man is incapable of defending an argument, and he doesn't even have the guts to shout people down, he just cuts them off. Ghey.

adam

max power
21/07/2003, 12:13 PM
he is one of the best and most respected in the industry, he is leaving the station this friday i hear, he was more suited to the night show anyway, he is a certain typr of presenter and it works for him, these days all presenters and shows are the same, the only new sound on irish radio is ryan t on 2fm, his breakfast show is a little different and thats what makes it interesting

tiktok
21/07/2003, 5:17 PM
to be quite honest anyone who defends Bush is w w@nker in my book anyway

for the record i am far from pro bush (living here reinforces that),
i was just making the suggestion that what he believes himself and says to get people calling can be completely different.

Éanna
21/07/2003, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by tiktok
for the record i am far from pro bush (living here reinforces that),
i was just making the suggestion that what he believes himself and says to get people calling can be completely different.
I can take people playing the devils advocate fair enough, I'm sure most of us have taken a different line in an argument ust to see what happens or make things more interesting, but defending that wannabe nazi bush is something no form of life should be willing to do.

Soko
22/07/2003, 7:19 PM
on top of having the most irritating voice, the most irritating accent AND the most irritating excuse for a personality that any creature has ever been cursed with

There is no way he is worse than than gobsh!te on 96fm in the morning. Where the hell is that l@nger from anyway?

Ruairi
23/07/2003, 4:34 PM
Charlie's cool leave him alone

fonzi
25/07/2003, 9:16 PM
he's great. hes not pretending to be anything. so take him as he is.
it's not like youre supposed to agree with everything he says, not that you have to believe ANYTHING he says.
but hes humerous and outspoken, kind of breaks the conservatist mould that is irish broadcasting theese days.
change is good.
anyway you dont have to lkisten to him, right?

patsh
26/07/2003, 10:23 AM
I've never heard his show, but surely he has achieved what he needs, publicity and strong opinions?
If ye dislike him that much, ignore him.
Sounds to me that the only thing he believes in are ratings.

Ref
31/07/2003, 10:54 AM
hes on talksport every friday and saturday night on 1089mw if anyones interested.

much better show.

:)

Éanna
01/08/2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by patsh
I've never heard his show, but surely he has achieved what he needs, publicity and strong opinions?
If ye dislike him that much, ignore him.
Sounds to me that the only thing he believes in are ratings.
you're right there. I ignore 98% of the time, but every now and again he comes out with some idiotic comment that I see or hear accidentally. Still, a nice healthy sense of outrage is no bad thing :)