PDA

View Full Version : Ramblers 2- 0 Rovers

rambler14
12/04/2008, 10:28 PM
The best thing to do when discussing this game is not talk about the first half as it was without a doubt the worst half of football ever witnessed in Ramblers. Not only was it the worst football it was the worst referreing performence witnessed in Ramblers. I thought McKeown had a nightmare in the 1st half as did his assistant on the new stand side who kept putting his flag up for fun. I think he got 2 offside decisions right in the first half! How nice of the FAI it was to send a Dublin referee down for a game against a Dublin side!:mad:

By putting Alan Kearney in tonight it was proved that one change can make the world of difference. I thought he was brilliant.
Our goals were superb. Reilly's was class and just proves that my signature is 100% true. Kevin "Goal Machine" Murray's goal was good too(makes him the leagues 2nd top goalscorer, with 3 goals in 6 games), to be honest I thought he missed it!.
I thought Bilko was great. He seems to save his best performences for home games. So heres hoping he has a good one up in Inchicore Friday night.
Our defence was immense I thought all the defenders were brilliant with Kevin Murray exelling once again and was probably Man of the Match.
Midfield looked a lot more solid with Alan Kearney in. I thought Mucky was great and he really gave the Rovers full back a hard time. Davin was quiet but still did his bit as did Shane Barrett who made some tough tackles in the 2nd half, one in which he flipped Stephen Rice:D
Cummins and Reilly ran their socks off and were as always outstanding.

Confidence is up and we should hopefully get a result up in Inchicore. Also it was great to see Mikey O'Shea come back to the team, he should hopefully offer us another option.

On that performence alone we should get at least 3 players in the Team of the Week on www.eircomloi.ie

Well Done Lads!........................(I wonder if i've said anything to "offend" The Kiddie this week:D)

depor
12/04/2008, 10:34 PM
well, what a result. i thought that if we won it would be a 1 niller. 2 nil is an excellent result against rovers. i think colmans is def a fortress, not many people would have thought that we'd be here after the game with our unbeaten home record intact.

it should also be pointed out that ramblers have played better this season and lost or drawn, but the difference is we took some of our chances. and even more satisfying is the fact that rovers have a very mean defence.

well done lads, ye are finally gettin the rewards in the form of points.

don ramo
12/04/2008, 10:47 PM
gteat stuff from the lads tonight, nice to see mucky only had a blip in sligo, was MOTM tonight, ran his socks off all night and won the ball every time, all the players played well o reilly was annoyin there defence all night with his runs, skipping past challenges, davin played well, good to see mikey back, our defence was well imporved tonight with gutrie back, he was missed in sligo, when carey is back we will be at full strenght:ball:,
good crowd there tonight, thought it would be more (a bit dissapointed with the rovers turn out but i suppose there savin there petrol) where did all the fans at the city game go,
id say if we play like that at pats we can get something off them which would be great to solve or away day problems,

congrats lads ye deserve it, :ball::ball:

stayingup
13/04/2008, 1:25 AM
superb performance. if we stay clear of major injuries we'll stay up comfortably.

The Rebel Ram
13/04/2008, 8:49 AM
Great performance (second half, first half is barred from comment).
I gave Rams no chance before the game but when I saw Gutsie was back and that Rovers had a couple of players out I thought we might sneak something. I was shocked at how bad Rovers were in the first half, even though we were as bad. Steveo must have given them the bollocking they deserved at the break because they came out and played like we know they can in the second half.
The pitch isn't helping the team, it's the worst I've seen it in years.
Murray was outstanding, Kearney was brill, mucky, rielly, cummins. Meade done great for the first goal, Great to see mickey back too. Davin had 2 men on him all night, he is a feared man.
Would be great to get a point in pats next week. UCD and Bray next two home games, they will have to be both wins. We will have to build a bit of a lead as I think the end of season will be a tough grind.
Hopefully this is the kick start we needed, the confidence the team desperately needed. All good though:D

marty
13/04/2008, 9:50 AM
An excellent result it must be said il admit i would have taken a draw b4 it started,Kearney and Barrett were outstanding in the second it will take a lot to keep J.Kearney out of the team so heres hoping they keep it up.If we keep up that tempo a draw at Pats is by no means out of the question.

SUN. 20 APRIL @3.00pm---CLONMEL V RAMS IN CLONMEL

6yardpunisha
13/04/2008, 11:15 AM
have to say it was a fantastic 2nd half performance by them all, Alan Kearney was superb, Kenny did a great job at right full, Murray & Gutsy back to their best again, only thing that let us down on the night was the crowd, i was expecting a much bigger crowd than what was there.

ramsfan
13/04/2008, 11:47 AM
alan kearney was absolute clas last night, he is what we need someone to get there foot on the ball without panicking, barret was lost first half but settled and played well second half, dav was very quiet but worked better when he switched wings

great performance pats will be tough next week, but bray and ucd are more important win our home games and we will be fine:D

luka
13/04/2008, 12:01 PM
Didn't get a chance to annouce it last night but the official crowd was 1290. I'm assuming that doesn't include Season Ticket holders.

micls
13/04/2008, 12:26 PM
Didn't get a chance to annouce it last night but the official crowd was 1290. I'm assuming that doesn't include Season Ticket holders.

According to the FAI all official attendances must include season ticket holders. Unless the club gives you one and sends another to the FAI.

Really enjoyed last nights game, well worth the 5 euro.

Well deserved win, worked very hard and some lovely bits of play.

Kearney stood out in the middle. Mucky worked very hard. And the central defense was very solid in the second half.

Good atmosphere around us, saw plenty of City fans and had a good chat with some rams fans.

5 points gotten, out of the relegation zone. Keep it up lads

Cici900
13/04/2008, 1:11 PM
Superb:D. Thought darragh mcguire was shocking for rovers. He was all hands. Thought he ws better. Alan kearney is a real gem. MOTM. Mucky had a good second have. Bilko outstanding. Dav did his bit. Defence were super. Kenny was knackered at the end but he did super.

outside in
13/04/2008, 1:43 PM
great result,kearney was class motm no one even comes close to him.very good all round tonight everyone did their bit

luka
13/04/2008, 2:09 PM
Kevin "Goal Machine" Murray's

I like that. Must remember it for the UCD game

pineapple stu
13/04/2008, 2:35 PM
Didn't get a chance to annouce it last night but the official crowd was 1290.
Do you know what the were for the previous two games, by any chance?

don ramo
13/04/2008, 3:04 PM
against cork 3400
against galway 1400-1600 (cant remember which one)
these are the clubs official figures,

pineapple stu
13/04/2008, 3:05 PM
4000 and 900 were mentioned earlier, so something's way out somewhere!

Also, assume the official attendances didn't end in "00" and you're just rounding?

MojoPin
13/04/2008, 3:08 PM
i think cork was "officially" 3400 sell out but there was 4000 there at least.

galways official attendance is 900 or so but i dont think season ticket holders were counted that day or the schoolboys that got in for free!

don ramo
13/04/2008, 3:12 PM
well the city game was 3400 as there were only 3400 tickets released according to the club, and it sold out, you would also add the 200 odd season ticket holders, so 2600+, the chairman said on the echo that it was 3400, but i dont think they add season tickets when the give the attendance, no one seems to know if they do or dont, so 3400 would be safe to put up as its official by the chiarman,
galway cant remeber, luka may know, thought there was well more than 900, but if thats the offical take it as its said,

pineapple stu
13/04/2008, 3:25 PM
i think cork was "officially" 3400 sell out but there was 4000 there at least.

galways official attendance is 900 or so but i dont think season ticket holders were counted that day or the schoolboys that got in for free!
All people in the ground have to count for the official attendance.

MojoPin
13/04/2008, 3:29 PM
well all i know is that only this weeks attendance against galway seemed right.

depor
13/04/2008, 7:57 PM
i dont bother paying much attention to the attendances figures released by the club anymore, all i know is that rams released 4000 against city (that was said in the media all week before the game). and they sold out and it looked like there was well over that at the game. no way 3 and a half thousand.

anyway who cares we got a win, against a good team.:D

rambler14
14/04/2008, 2:01 PM
Lads just out of curiousity.........Who is the vice-captain?

Up in Drogheda Kevin Murray was captain likewise in Sligo but against Rovers I noticed that Gutsie was captain (http://www.cobhramblers.ie/gallery2/details.php?image_id=477)!

Also it seems that whenever Carey isn't captain the "chosen one" never wears an armband!

Luka can u do some digging and try and find out???????

MojoPin
14/04/2008, 2:17 PM
Lads just out of curiousity.........Who is the vice-captain?

Up in Drogheda Kevin Murray was captain likewise in Sligo but against Rovers I noticed that Gutsie was captain (http://www.cobhramblers.ie/gallery2/details.php?image_id=477)!

Also it seems that whenever Carey isn't captain the "chosen one" never wears an armband!

Luka can u do some digging and try and find out???????

captain rotation? not really that hard to phatom we lost both games murray was captain we give it to gutsie and we win master stroke. its prob just gutsie moght be louder on pitch loads of reasons!

rambler14
14/04/2008, 2:23 PM
captain rotation? not really that hard to phatom we lost both games murray was captain we give it to gutsie and we win master stroke. its prob just gutsie moght be louder on pitch loads of reasons!

I suppose but in the games that Kev was captain he was arguably our best player but he was that vs Rovers so I suppose it is just rotation.

Anyway i'd say the players had trouble understanding him considering he has no front teeth:D:D

MojoPin
14/04/2008, 2:26 PM
Anyway i'd say the players had trouble understanding him considering he has no front teeth:D:D

:D

absoluty delighted with the result btw worst 1st half of football ive seen in a while in colmans but the second half was superb clinical professional display!

rambler14
14/04/2008, 2:31 PM
Just shows how Ramblers have progressed. I'd say we've never had so many natural born leaders in the one team.
We can play bad but they can stay focused. I thinks it's great that two of those natural leaders are our two centre backs. They have to play well in every game and in fairness they always do.

ramsfan
14/04/2008, 9:19 PM
agree with r14:D