PDA

View Full Version : Marc Kenny signs on loan.

Estar
20/07/2003, 10:55 AM
From Shamrock Rovers. I talking to a guy in Centra who was at the match in Sligo. He said Marc Kenny had a great game and created a bag full of chances for our forwards. County should have won the game only for very bad defending. He said County could have scored 6 or 7, mC namara of Sligo got Man of the match. Raved alot about Marc Kenny's performance
:D

Countyman
21/07/2003, 8:50 AM
I was at the game and i honestly do not know how we didnt win this game.

We had a hatful of chances. Marc Kenny was a star and is going to be a huge signing. He is the missing link in our midfield. He is composed and stylish and always looks for ball to feet. I can see Philly hughes thriving. Philly needs a lucky break but it doesnt help with Keely always subbing him after 70 minutes.

How barry o' connor stays on the pitch is beyond me. He has done **** all in our last 5 or 6 games and i'm getting very frustrated watching him.

The ref missed the most blatent penalty for a shirt tug on Hughes I have ever seen. The stand actually laughed when he didn't give it. What else can you do when that happens??

Sligo's 2 goals were horrendous defensive lapses of concentration especially the 2nd goal as gareth cronin just fell asleep for a second and half heartily challeneged on the wing. The subsequent cross led to the goal. Cronin knew it and out his head in his hands straight away.

Great 2nd half though but 2 more points dropped.

WeAreRovers
21/07/2003, 11:36 AM
Best of luck to Beach at Kildare. Smashing lad with loads of talent. (I'll make no other comment!) Hope he does well for you.

KOH

Estar
21/07/2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by WeAreRovers
Best of luck to Beach at Kildare. Smashing lad with loads of talent. (I'll make no other comment!) Hope he does well for you.

KOH

Got man of the match against Sligo, a success already:D

MARC KENNY: Centre midfield: Skilful midfielder who can be deadly from set pieces. After three and a half years at Liverpool Marc returned to join Bangor in the Irish League then went to Glenavon. Joined Rovers in October 1996 coming on as a substitute in a 0-0 draw with Finn Harps. A week later scored on his full debut against Bohs in a 3-2 victory in Tolka Park. Younger brother of Rovers legend Harry Kenny. Age 29.

Estar
21/07/2003, 12:13 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/empics/20020707/1342758933.jpg

Looks a bit like cotsy, the picture is when he scored v Celtic.