PDA

View Full Version : Shels game

Martinho II
12/04/2008, 12:31 PM
What do you think of last night lads??? I thought we played all right first half but yet again we were found wanting second half.. the game turned on a controversial peno given when one of our lads (think it was chucky) accidentally handled the ball. unbelievably a peno was given..which scumbag freeman scored.. mind you shels did deserve to have a second peno later and they took their second goal very well when chucky needlessly gave the ball away and shels scored on the counter attack...

it was a very disappointing second half chucky had a stinker of a second half ...It was like kildare co all over again too many misplaced passes.afraid we are not a great footballin side at all this year.. confidence is understandably very low among the younger lads... missed darren mckenna terribly..

and as for that creep eddie foley.... scandalous having him as a linesmen...

Keen2win
12/04/2008, 1:58 PM
In fairness I thaught we played better than in a few of our previous games. I thaught Gary Murphy played well. We need to get 4 points from our next 2 games.

De Town
12/04/2008, 2:04 PM
thought we were decent for the first half an hour, and then not great for the rest of it. lynch and davoren were our only 2 hopes really. our midfield was non existant, number 7 for shels destroyed us, think his name was mcgill. flood up front also caused us a lot of problems, as did sparky when he came on.

Longfordian
12/04/2008, 4:07 PM
I thought we played ok. Pretty good in the first half, Davoren and Lynch linked up well. Shels got on top and then got the penalty. I think it showed that we're an inexperienced bunch by and large but the key is to see how they progress over the season. It was certainly a better display than against Kildare. Apart from Limerick and Kildare we've played probably the top four teams in the division and I'd be hoping to pick up more points against the other sides we have to play. Overall, it's always disappointing to lose but I wouldn't be getting too downhearted yet.

Tallanted
12/04/2008, 4:20 PM
Hell of an improvement on the last 2 games so thats a start.. I thought ht was a pen meself thought he handled it after the original block.. We have no midfield at all we have been easily overrun in there in last 3 games..

Longfordian
12/04/2008, 4:26 PM
Yeah Rushe in particular has been poor as has Daire really.We're a bit lightweight in there. We could actually do with Vinny out there playing if he's fit enough. Not beyond the bounds of possibility that we'd see him back out there.

Rocky77
12/04/2008, 5:15 PM
I heard he's keen to play as little as possible as he feels he's fallen off the pace. I reckon he'd still bring something though.

Cabs88
12/04/2008, 6:04 PM
Was a good performance last night, despite the result. There are still major problems, but its early days yet. Its encouraging to see bermingham do so well, and him and frawley look like a decent partnership. Davoren up front is a great prosepect, but needs to pass the ball a lot more. Gary murphy played well, but was sucked into the middle far too often to try and stop shels over running our midfield.
Its disappointing that Daire doyle, and to a certain extent, Shay kelly havent got going this season. Daire in the first 25 mins last night gave the ball away too often, and twice shels ran straight to us. I feel Kelly needs to be more imposing, especially behind inexperienced back 4.
Our midfield is a serious problem and needs to be addressed. I thought Hardy played well there against Colly james in the first game of the season, and maybe moving him there from right full is an option.
Lynch and Davoren did link up well, and i reckon, given time, lynch will do well for us.
As for Mick mc Carthy.......

Martinho II
13/04/2008, 5:51 PM
thats why I would drop shay kelly and have neil gallagher in goals.. neil in my opinion had a great debut for us thought he was very steady for us... I would like to see him given a decent chance as I think shays past it to be honest

bowl
14/04/2008, 12:47 PM
as for mick mcCarthy what? say what you have to say bottler

Maz
14/04/2008, 12:52 PM
Well bowl its pretty obvious that Mick isnt about to set the league on fire. For a big lad, he is too easily pushed off the ball and rather clumsy. However, he has some nice touches and hopefully with more training he will improve

Tallanted
14/04/2008, 1:05 PM
I think cabs sumed him up nicely, less said the better

Keen2win
14/04/2008, 2:03 PM
I think cabs sumed him up nicely, less said the better

:D:D

Well said

bowl
16/04/2008, 11:20 AM
typical the two of you, wait and see, give him a bit of time playing at this level and he will settle in, hel start scoring and then suddenly opinions will change i bet

RonnieB
16/04/2008, 12:06 PM
If he can get a good run in the team and get his fitness up he should be a handy player to have imo.