PDA

View Full Version : Keely on his way

tiktok
19/07/2003, 10:28 PM
decided to throw it into EL general as it affects both Kildare and Derry. The rumours of Mahon departing from Derry seem to have foundation if this report from www.soccercentral.ie is true, wonder how the kildare county fans would feel

www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?id=10245&mainheading=Eircom&viewstory=yes

Estar
20/07/2003, 12:26 AM
OH no what a shame. Dermot is a top class manager and I will miss him. A great fellow and always had time for everyone including me. He will make Derry into a force again no doubt about that. I always thought Dykes would fill his boot, but hes gone as well. John Ryan turned down the job.

I'd say Alan will join Derry too.

It's a pitty he has worked magic at County on a shoestring.

Best of luck Dermot you'll always be welcome at Kildare County the place won't be the same without you.:(

Have to say Dykes work hard at the club as well, he did some amount of travelling from Sligo 240 miles round trip I think.

My outside tip for manager would be the former Dundalk manager I think he lives in Kildare.

pineapple stu
20/07/2003, 3:31 PM
Not surprised Kevin Mahon's gone though - always thought Derry should have been doing much better than he had them doing. When we played in Derry, they were more content with kicking lumps out of our players than playing the ball. I've rarely seen a decent game involving Derry (includes the Cup final and that woeful "game" against Cork on TV3).

Just a shame they didn't leave him in until the end of the season...:( :)

TommyT
20/07/2003, 7:30 PM
Originally posted by Estar

My outside tip for manager would be the former Dundalk manager I think he lives in Kildare.

Which one ???

Martin Murray ?

Estar
20/07/2003, 7:59 PM
Originally posted by TommyT
Which one ???

Martin Murray ?

Yes Martin Murray, If he's interested in the job is another thing.

Asked a few others about the possible replacement and thing are very quite. Hope its sorted quick.

I don't care if it's a big or small name.
:p

eamoss
21/07/2003, 12:54 AM
Martin Murray is a joke left Dundalk in the mess we are in now, but he might have changed. Trevor Anderson is only started getting things back on track.

tiktok
21/07/2003, 3:47 AM
:) noel king and rico could be looking for a job :)

max power
21/07/2003, 10:41 AM
noel has a job, he is a fashion model on tv3 !!!!!!!