PDA

View Full Version : The w@nkers are at it again

Éanna
18/07/2003, 11:42 PM
Not content with muttering under their breath, the neanderthal george o'callaghan abusers popped up again tonight- wow, first away trip was it guys? These apes spent more time moaning about how george was doin nothing than they did cheering on the team. I have no problem with legitimate criticism, but most of these guys are complete and utter idiots. We don't need your kind- go home and whinge at your tv you gobsh1tes.

RedX
19/07/2003, 12:32 AM
I thought Georgie was superb tonight constanly linking play with midfield and just about everyone else.

About the same player i witnessed something involving himself and Dolan in the 2nd half.I was standing behind the Waterford goal(giving that to**er O Connor fierce abuse) and City were on the attack.Waterford broke up the City attack and Georgie was not tracking back or should i say Dolan did not think he was tracking back and gave him a right earful before turning to the bench and telling two subs to warm up.I honestly thought Dolan was wrong but i do not know whether Georgie might have replied to Dolans comments from the bench.

SSS
19/07/2003, 8:18 AM
I saw that "concverstation" between George and Dolan too.
The next picec of action was George's shot from outside the box that Connor had to tip over.
Dolan had a bit of a laugh with the lads on the bench after that - or a rue smile anyway

patsh
19/07/2003, 8:48 AM
Originally posted by RedX
the Waterford goal(giving that to**er O Connor fierce abuse)
Does somebody else feel, like me, that O'Connor is a nasty little piece of work?
He is constantly getting in little niggly digs, pushes, pokes and kicks at opposiing players. Little f*cker will get what's coming to him some day.

And yeah, as regards Geroge, I had a "conversation" with a City "fan" last night who absolutely ridiculed George. I just cannot believe this sh*t. He was easily our most creative and threatening player last night.

Cityace
19/07/2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by corkcityfan1

Heard a rumour that dolan is signing 3 English professionals next week and coughlan is coming as well?

I wouldn't be surprised if coughlan makes a return.After the supps. club meeting, it was pointed out to me that dolan was dropping little hints about "exprienced" midfielders-and in retrospect, i think its very possible.

RedX
19/07/2003, 12:28 PM
Patsh...i was behind the Waterford goal for the 2nd half last night and i clearly seen Dan O Connor twice hit Dan Murray during corner kicks.He was as you said yourself poking and acting the p***k with some City players.I usually do not comment on players like this because after all its a mans game and they all give as good as they get but that O Connor is a troublemaker without a doubt...

Gary
19/07/2003, 1:15 PM
I wouldnt be worrying about Dan Connor. i mean we have had alot of players doiing things like that in our time ie Jonny C and Skippy, its aprt of being a pro IMO

As for the point of the thread, there were these 5-6 kids behind me aged between 17 and 21 ish id say, and the abuse coming out of them was choice. Apparently:

"George couldnt pick his mother out a line up"

"Carey is better off dead"

"Hedderman is the worst player to EVER play for City, why dont he just fook off".

"Flynn could try harder"

And other such ridiculous statements. At one point after George lost the ball I shouted ironically "George, your shít" to which my friends looked around bemused looking, I said "Sure its only what im hearing from back here, idiots". They mumbled and muffled then for a min or two before going right back into it.

Mad away trip for them id say. MORONS!

Éanna
19/07/2003, 2:00 PM
Idiots, I wish their mothers would give them the slapping they so obviously deserve

Colm
19/07/2003, 2:24 PM
Originally posted by GWA
there were these 5-6 kids behind me aged between 17 and 21 ish id say, and the abuse coming out of them was choice.

In fairness, I doubt if these idiots had ever been at an away game (or home game for that matter!) before in their pathetic existence.
I have no problem with abuse, in fact I think it's great, if it's directed towards the opposition or the ref but when muppets come out with uninformed, ignorant, bullsh!t I take exception to it.
If people can't apprieciate George's talent then they obviously have very little footballing knowledge and we'd be better off without them.

razor
19/07/2003, 2:43 PM
Originally posted by GWA
"Hedderman is the worst player to EVER play for City, why dont he just fook off".

On last nights performance they might have a point.

Neil
19/07/2003, 2:56 PM
Originally posted by razor
:confused:

Considering he's a center half playing on the left wing I thought he did ok AGAIN.

Cityace
19/07/2003, 4:28 PM
Originally posted by razor

Hedderman had some very good touches.He is playing out of position. I know he has had alot of chances but dolan has had him on the first team since he came almost.He should do what he is doing with behan instead of putting that amount of pressure on him.

patsh
19/07/2003, 6:14 PM
Originally posted by Neil

Considering he's a center half playing on the left wing I thought he did ok AGAIN.
Surely Neil, this is the point about Dolan in another thread.
Why is there a need to play someone, who is not playing that well, so out of position when we have players at the club who CAN play there ?

Rebel101
19/07/2003, 8:27 PM
I saw Dolan giving out to Georgie as well last night. Didn't think there was any need for it.
At the Longford game I was sitting near enough to the bench and with about five mins to go [might

Rebel101
19/07/2003, 8:32 PM
I saw Dolan giving out to Georgie as well last night. Didn't think there was any need for it.
At the Longford game I was sitting near enough to the bench and with about five mins to go [might I add we were 3-1 up] I saw Pat have a 'chat' with Colin P O' Brien. The man nearly had a heart attack [Dolan] he shouted dog's abuse at Colin who I thought was having a good enough game. Again I thought there was no need for it.
I'm delighted Dolan chose to come to City and really really hope he can take this club to another level,but, I think the man really isn't what he claims to be. That is a man of the people.

Neil
20/07/2003, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by patsh
Why is there a need to play someone, who is not playing that well, so out of position when we have players at the club who CAN play there ?
For example?
At the moment the only other option is putting Billy Woods back on the left wing and I think he's looking better at LB now. Doyle isint a left winger. Warren isint a left winger (even though I'd like to see him back in the feame somewhere).

patsh
20/07/2003, 10:55 AM
For example?
At the moment the only other option is putting Billy Woods back on the left wing and I think he's looking better at LB now. Doyle isint a left winger. Warren isint a left winger (even though I'd like to see him back in the feame somewhere).
At least Doyle, Warren and Mucka are not centre halfs who don't try to hard.
Can any of them be worse than Robbie in that position?
I don't think so.
Why is Dolan persisting with Hedderman there?
It's not working out and it's well gone time to change it around.

niamh
20/07/2003, 1:06 PM
I don't think any of the team played particularly well but they were unlucky not to get a result of some sort. I know they sat back for a lot of the match but conditions weren't great and the ref wasn't giving anything to City.

Éanna
20/07/2003, 2:05 PM
I think the idea of laying into a player who is doing his best is just wrong. I might agree with these people that hedderman doesn't look great, but the fact that they think George is useless shows them up for the idiots they are

Cityace
20/07/2003, 4:28 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
I think the idea of laying into a player who is doing his best is just wrong. I might agree with these people that hedderman doesn't look great, but the fact that they think George is useless shows them up for the idiots they are

Wrong thread methinks.

Éanna
20/07/2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
Wrong thread methinks.
not at all. this thread was about the idiots who's sole purpose in attending city matches is to abuse city players

Cityace
21/07/2003, 10:26 AM
not at all. this thread was about the idiots who's sole purpose in attending city matches is to abuse city players

My mistake, i hit the forward arrow instead of back,

Ten thousand apologies.

wiseman
21/07/2003, 2:14 PM

You have got to be joking or related. He was a passanger as a left winger. He did cover back a few times but in the role he was given for the game he is not up to it and we did not have any attack on the left as a result.
3 points thrown away against a team whose only attribute is they kept battling.

Neil
21/07/2003, 2:21 PM
Originally posted by wiseman
He did cover back a few times but in the role he was given for the game he is not up to it and we did not have any attack on the left as a result.

I won't disagree with ya. But thats what I'm saying. He tracks back and covers which is OK but he is not a winger so we have no attack with him.

Éanna
21/07/2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by wiseman
You have got to be joking or related. He was a passanger as a left winger.
I think Neil's point was (rightly) that the guy did as well as any centre-back could be expected to do on the left wing- can you imagine deccie daly or stephen napier or someone on the left doing any better than him?

SÓC
21/07/2003, 11:23 PM
I won't disagree with ya. But thats what I'm saying. He tracks back and covers which is OK but he is not a winger so we have no attack with him.

I donno I think he's attacking more and more as he gets more used to the role. I though Waterford was his best game to date on the left wing. He showed some nice touches in the first half especially. Devine uses him as a target for goal kicks, he won a lot of ball, if only we had someone picking up in the midfield we'd do well.

Éanna
22/07/2003, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by SÓCcfc
I donno I think he's attacking more and more as he gets more used to the role. I though Waterford was his best game to date on the left wing. He showed some nice touches in the first half especially. Devine uses him as a target for goal kicks, he won a lot of ball, if only we had someone picking up in the midfield we'd do well. agreed, another thing is that he's handy cover for when billy pushes on

pete
24/07/2003, 12:18 PM
I wouldn't worry about Dolan shouting at players or them shouting back at him unless its a weekly occurance. At least they all showing a bit of fight & passion.

I think Hedderman is playing left midfield for tactical reasons. Kevin Murray was also played their in the league cup semi final. City (Devine) will take long freekicks onto the head of the left midfielder.

Maybe Hedderman is contributing to our fairly good defensive record althought he contributes little in an attacking sense.

Éanna
24/07/2003, 5:47 PM
just on the georgie thing, apparently he was on the radio today and it was mentioned that a section of city fans had been booing him and he said it doesn't bother him.

Cityace
26/07/2003, 12:06 PM
just on the georgie thing, apparently he was on the radio today and it was mentioned that a section of city fans had been booing him and he said it doesn't bother him.

and then he went to the toilet and cried in the corner.....

Of course he is gonna say that, if lads were mocking you what would you say?

tiktok
26/07/2003, 8:34 PM
yeah, i think he let us all know it was bothering him when he said it was a shame because his family had to sit through it.

Cityace
27/07/2003, 4:18 PM
is there anything we can actually do though?

If we cant stop these l@ngers then can we show georgie that were pi$$ed off about it to?