PDA

View Full Version : Ian Harte

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

galwayhoop
17/05/2007, 5:09 PM
but should never be anywhere the irish aquad again....

what has his swimming ability got to do with this arguement :p

billybunter
18/05/2007, 1:20 AM
o'shea was shi*e against wales. 5 times in the first half he gave the ball back to wales. Its almost a fookin relief whenhe finds an irish player with a pass. How, just how is he getting his game at man utd? i would take maybury, geary, s kelly, (or gary kelly for that matter) over him at right full. Has no pace, gives you nothing going forward, for someone so tall, he wins fook all in the air. His game - which reminds me of gary breen in some ways looks more natural in the middle fo defense, where he is tolerable. He looks like bambi on roller skates anywhere else.

so my point is, I would put finnan right, and gladly take harte left full. You figure we would get 2-3 free kicks in dangerous places during the course of a typical game, and no-one in the irish squad is better at dead balls than harte. he is also in my opinion an excellent passer of the ball out of defence, which is not the case with o'shea.

OwlsFan
18/05/2007, 7:42 AM
o'shea was shi*e against wales. 5 times in the first half he gave the ball back to wales. Its almost a fookin relief whenhe finds an irish player with a pass. How, just how is he getting his game at man utd? i would take maybury, geary, s kelly, (or gary kelly for that matter) over him at right full. Has no pace, gives you nothing going forward, for someone so tall, he wins fook all in the air. His game - which reminds me of gary breen in some ways looks more natural in the middle fo defense, where he is tolerable. He looks like bambi on roller skates anywhere else.

O'Shea's performances up to the Welsh and Slovakian games were poor but he definitely showed improvement in those games, particularly the latter. You just have to read the threads for those games. In the Slovakian game in particular he even passed to his own players while in the Welsh game he did a good job on Giggs. Credit where credit is due.

bellavistaman
21/05/2007, 4:33 PM
Said it before and i'll say it again ...far more likely to be involved in getting you a goal than conceding one. Would hold a place in any of the non-Europe qualifying premiership sides. I'm guessing he didn't get a move back last year because of a combination of (ultimately well founded) suspicions about his injuries and unrealistic wage demands.

agreetotally think he'd easily get into West Ham, Bolton any of them, his left leg is way better than Konchesky, Gardner etc.. He is a fine player in my opinion and well capable of gettin into the teams which finished outside the top 6 this season:ball: .

Stuttgart88
21/05/2007, 4:44 PM
Has anyone seen much of this Gareth Bale kid at Southampton who's rated over £10 million? Seems to me to be a standard enough left back, but with a superb left foot & dead ball delivery. Sound familiar?

John83
21/05/2007, 9:02 PM
He was hopeless going forward against us.

danonion
22/05/2007, 4:17 AM
He was hopeless going forward against us.

Well with the might of JO'S Phillip Lahm would have trouble....oh wait

CollegeTillIDie
22/05/2007, 7:45 AM
Hartie would do a good job for Drogheda United.... AT LEFT WING!
Worth his place in the team because, he is good going forward and good at dead ball situations. Can't defend to save his life though.
Heard Paul Doolin say in a radio interview over the weekend saying he'd be interested in either Gary Kelly or Ian Harte coming home if they were interested in doing so.

livehead1
22/05/2007, 9:56 AM
Whilst a move to an EL club may be OK for Harte, I feel his reputation will ensure that he moves to an English club in the summer. He aint much good though.

The Legend
22/05/2007, 11:10 PM
Whilst a move to an EL club may be OK for Harte, I feel his reputation will ensure that he moves to an English club in the summer. He aint much good though.

His reputation as a donkey's ass defender with a nice powerful donkey kick? er no... He'd be lucky if Blackpool took an interest!

McGinty
25/05/2007, 9:32 AM
i can see him signing for wolves, mccarthy needs a to bolster his squad and i'm sure harte would take a hit in wages to cover it

Stuttgart88
25/05/2007, 9:39 AM
o'shea was shi*e against wales. 5 times in the first half he gave the ball back to wales. Its almost a fookin relief whenhe finds an irish player with a pass.
It'd have helped if anyone in the Irish midfield actually showed for a pass. They never did once in the first half.

irishfan86
09/06/2007, 10:19 PM
On skysports.com they're saying Harte could be allowed to leave on a free to apparently join Sunderland:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470288&CPID=23&clid=855&lid=&title=Levante+to+let+Harte+leave&channel=&

geysir
10/06/2007, 1:22 PM
"Black Cats boss Roy Keane knows all about Harte from their days together with Republic of Ireland and he could see his experience as vital to his squad next season."
Then again, Roy might not see Ian's experience as vital.

The only words that resonate in that article are "Roy Keane knows all"

zenokelly
10/06/2007, 3:22 PM
On skysports.com they're saying Harte could be allowed to leave on a free to apparently join Sunderland:

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470288&CPID=23&clid=855&lid=&title=Levante+to+let+Harte+leave&channel=&

I think Harte can definitely do a job for Sunderland cos he's still a very skillful player, no matter what people here say, and maybe Keane can work on his defending.

I'd say he would get into many a team at most of the bottom half premiership clubs and it could be a good investment for Keane especially for free, he has nothing to lose.

His standard of set-pieces are vital for clubs in mid-table, where I think Sunderland will end up next season, as this is where many of their goals come from.

Best of luck to him I say. Hopefully he gets his career back on track and proves a few people here wrong!

OwlsFan
11/06/2007, 9:31 AM

If you actually read the article, all it says is that the Spanish club want to tear up his contract and let him go for free. The writer then suggests that Sunderland might be interested in him because Keane "knows all about Harte" and they'd like to strenghten their squad (which team doesn't :rolleyes:).

There is actually nothing complimentary about Harte in the article (the reverse really since Levante want to get rid of him for nothing) and no definite link with Sunderland other than speculation.

bellavistaman
11/06/2007, 9:31 AM
I think Harte can definitely do a job for Sunderland cos he's still a very skillful player, no matter what people here say, and maybe Keane can work on his defending.

I'd say he would get into many a team at most of the bottom half premiership clubs and it could be a good investment for Keane especially for free, he has nothing to lose.

His standard of set-pieces are vital for clubs in mid-table, where I think Sunderland will end up next season, as this is where many of their goals come from.

Best of luck to him I say. Hopefully he gets his career back on track and proves a few people here wrong!

Agreed:)

Sligo Hornet
11/06/2007, 1:32 PM
How much would Harte cost? He always used to make me laugh at Leeds because he had a personalised car registration that spelt his name wrong!!

And he didn't even realise!!.........shame!:D

OwlsFan
11/06/2007, 4:00 PM
How much would Harte cost?

Hmmm, let me think about that one. He's been offered a free transfer. Nothing perhaps (but I might be wrong) ?

The Legend
12/06/2007, 6:42 PM
Harte -> Sunderland = relegation, im sure Keane knows better.

Harte -> Notts Forest = better move for the guy.

Over the post
13/06/2007, 3:37 PM
Levante have just announced the signing of a left back from Sevilla, David Castedo. Apparently, when it was announced Harte walked out of training and hasn't been seen since.

gilberto_eire
13/06/2007, 4:38 PM
How much would Harte cost? He always used to make me laugh at Leeds because he had a personalised car registration that spelt his name wrong!!

well maybe harte was taken so it was altered??...

Lim till i die
13/06/2007, 6:54 PM
well maybe harte was taken so it was altered??...

Anybody with a personalised number plate is of course a tosser, regardless of spelling

tricky_colour
13/06/2007, 8:38 PM
Anybody with a personalised number plate is of course a tosser, regardless of spelling

They can be a useful form of investment, I mean it is very safe and it can't get stolen (well the actual plate can but not the fact you own the registration). It's actually safer than money in the bank, as banks can go bust, and on top of that you can 'show off' if your into that kind of thing.
Under some circumstances it's better than money in the bank.

frog-gufc
13/06/2007, 10:24 PM
harte is good wing back playing forward, but when hes under pressure defending deep hes a pile o horse muck, always liked him though

Sligo Hornet
14/06/2007, 6:25 AM

That cannot be true.........because I have one!:D

RogerMilla
14/06/2007, 7:51 AM
they are easy to get in the UK though , not so much here unless your name is MO !!

macdermesser
14/06/2007, 8:43 AM
how many posts do you have to reach before you get the delete thread function on your screen?

My top contenders:

1. Any thread regarding Ian Harte
2. Any thread asking why isn't David Connolly in the Irish team/ captain/playing for AC Milan

youngirish
14/06/2007, 9:47 AM
Is the title of this thread a joke? Surely it should read John O'Shea.

John83
14/06/2007, 1:48 PM
how many posts do you have to reach before you get the delete thread function on your screen?
You have to sleep with Dahamsta.

RogerMilla
14/06/2007, 1:55 PM
this thread is going somewhere

as_i_say
15/06/2007, 1:20 PM
ever heard him talk? he sounds like he's 7 years old. harte that is :)

tetsujin1979
19/06/2007, 9:01 AM
Harte linked with Boro in today's papers.

OwlsFan
19/06/2007, 9:09 AM
Harte linked with Boro in today's papers.

Peterborough ?;)

RogerMilla
19/06/2007, 10:45 AM
stevenage boro

Wolfie
19/06/2007, 12:25 PM
Wheel-Boro. It was a tragic gardening accident.

OwlsFan
19/06/2007, 12:44 PM
rabbit boro

youngirish
19/06/2007, 4:53 PM
Boro look for Harte

June 19, 2007

Republic of Ireland international Ian Harte could well be about to end his nightmare time in Spain as Middlesbrough have made a bid to bring the Levante defender back to the Premiership.

Harte has suffered an indifferent time since joining the La Liga side in 2004 and a run of bad injuries was followed by a loss of form, which saw the 30-year-old lose his place in the side.

However, Boro’ manager Gareth Southgate is keen to bring the experienced defender to the Riverside as he looks to bolster his defence ahead of the new campaign.

The Premiership outfit have tried a number of players at left back last season and Southgate feels that it is an area that they must shore up and see Harte as the best solution.

Torn-Ado
19/06/2007, 4:58 PM
Boro look for Harte

June 19, 2007

Republic of Ireland international Ian Harte could well be about to end his nightmare time in Spain as Middlesbrough have made a bid to bring the Levante defender back to the Premiership.

Harte has suffered an indifferent time since joining the La Liga side in 2004 and a run of bad injuries was followed by a loss of form, which saw the 30-year-old lose his place in the side.

However, Boro’ manager Gareth Southgate is keen to bring the experienced defender to the Riverside as he looks to bolster his defence ahead of the new campaign.

The Premiership outfit have tried a number of players at left back last season and Southgate feels that it is an area that they must shore up and see Harte as the best solution.

He really is punching above his weight if he gets into the premiership.

Probably wouldn't hold down a first choice place though

billybunter
20/06/2007, 10:32 PM
I know about going out on loan, but times are so hard now that one team has to 'boro' a player?

GavinZac
20/06/2007, 10:35 PM
can we please, please close this thread? or at least rename it. its cringeworthy every time it gets bumped in the new posts!

Dr. Ogba
21/06/2007, 9:08 AM
can we please, please close this thread? or at least rename it. its cringeworthy every time it gets bumped in the new posts!

I agree...this thread really shouldn't be at the top of the board....

(bump)....

OwlsFan
21/06/2007, 9:14 AM
I reckon he's on boro(ed) time.

RogerMilla
21/06/2007, 9:34 AM
of course you could argue with possibly a billion potential left backs in the world that ian harte is one of the best ?

OwlsFan
01/07/2007, 9:16 AM
Apparently, the fans used to called him ""El Torre Irlandes!" (The Irish Bull).

http://www.blather.net/globaleyes/archives/2004/09/the_legend_of_i.html

Perhaps El Torresh*t Irlandes might be moe appropriate or this that a bit Harteless? No sign of a host of English clubs coming in for this "best left back in the world".

macdermesser
05/07/2007, 12:50 PM
moPhc4x-Q30

"I love you Harte!"

Lionel Ritchie
05/07/2007, 2:12 PM
"I love you Harte!"

Proper!

The Legend
05/07/2007, 10:25 PM
She's Gorgeous!

(ha, anyone over 30 might get my hart to hart reference!)

livehead1
05/07/2007, 10:38 PM
Can't defend but he is one of the best free kick takers in the world

bellavistaman
14/08/2007, 12:18 PM
He's after parting comapany with Levante, where will he go next, SunIreland maybe?