PDA

View Full Version : Mad Men

pete
08/04/2008, 11:30 PM
Any one else watching this on BBC4 or BBC2?

Saw that this won in the Golden Globes & not sure what to make of. Seems to be more about 1960s New York with sprinkling of sexism, chauvinism & racism.

shakermaker1982
10/04/2008, 9:56 AM
I watched the first 3 episodes but have given up on it. I'm sure women didn't make themselves as easily available as the show suggests or am I working in the wrong era/office??? Haha.

cheifo
10/04/2008, 2:49 PM
Its more interesting than entertaining and I am going to give it one more episode.Having read reviews of the Wire on here I am going to get the fiRst series on DVD

shakermaker1982
10/04/2008, 4:41 PM
Its more interesting than entertaining and I am going to give it one more episode.Having read reviews of the Wire on here I am going to get the fiRst series on DVD

amazon and HMV have good deals on all the series of the Wire at the moment. Best tv programme of all time (and no I don't work on the show :D )

Neish
16/04/2008, 5:52 PM

If you don't like the Wire, theres something wrong with ya. Great show

pete
28/05/2008, 2:27 PM
I stuck with this to the end of the first series. It improved as the series progressed. God when they link episodes to historical events.