PDA

View Full Version : Sexton St CBS

Pages : [1] 2

Dave77
08/04/2008, 10:54 PM
Was at Senior All Ireland schools final today where Sexton St won 2-1 in an excellent game. this is their 2nd year in a row to win all ireland, football is obviously alive and well in Limerick.

just wondering do L37 have any links with local schools, because there was 4 Irish school boys on show for Sexton St. some great talent there. should be picked up asap.

do L37 have junior teams?

abbeyvale
08/04/2008, 11:10 PM
Was at Senior All Ireland schools final today where Sexton St won 2-1 in an excellent game. this is their 2nd year in a row to win all ireland, football is obviously alive and well in Limerick.

just wondering do L37 have any links with local schools, because there was 4 Irish school boys on show for Sexton St. some great talent there. should be picked up asap.

do L37 have junior teams?

4 very good schoolboys internationals I might add.

the hoops
09/04/2008, 4:52 AM
think they can do better than lim27 to be honest:rolleyes:

L37Ultra
09/04/2008, 8:02 AM
think they can do better than lim27 to be honest:rolleyes:

What? :confused:

Everyone has to start somewhere. ;)

One of those internationals played with Limerick last year and should be signing again for the u20's this year

leather
09/04/2008, 8:22 AM
who would that be??

Lim till i die
09/04/2008, 11:43 AM
who would that be??

Deccie Considine

think they can do better than lim27 to be honest

No one here cares what you think.

But best of luck to them. :ball:

2legged tackle
09/04/2008, 11:59 AM
I heard yesterday from a teacher(not CBS) that Sexton street have players playing that dont attend the school. Players register as repeats and then simply leave and go about working. Anyone know if there is any truth in this?
And also can anyone tell me there team?

smellyfeet
09/04/2008, 12:26 PM
I heard yesterday from a teacher(not CBS) that Sexton street have players playing that dont attend the school. Players register as repeats and then simply leave and go about working. Anyone know if there is any truth in this?

Limerick CBS: Collopy, Allen, Kelly, Çollins, Mullins, Hughes, Lynch, Richardson, Clarke (c), Barry, Hanrahan

L37Ultra
09/04/2008, 12:28 PM

Ya thats true. It happened last year anyways.

L37Ultra
09/04/2008, 12:29 PM
who would that be??

Shane Clarke

Monkfish
09/04/2008, 1:50 PM
I heard yesterday

Junior forum please!

Congrats to all involved, hope they go on to better things then knocking around on some 2nd rate Junior league not knowing who their playing one week to the next and having games called off for no good reason.

Mercurial Vapor
09/04/2008, 2:16 PM
Junior forum please!

Congrats to all involved, hope they go on to better things then knocking around on some 2nd rate Junior league not knowing who their playing one week to the next and having games called off for no good reason.

.......... or end up being a bitter twisted follower of an Eircom league mickey mouse outfit while believing it's something special. ;)

Denis The Red
09/04/2008, 2:19 PM
Isn't this the first time this trophy has been retained in its history?

L37Ultra
09/04/2008, 2:21 PM
.......... or end up being a bitter twisted follower of an Eircom league mickey mouse outfit while believing it's something special. ;)

See the hoops post and you will know why he said that. :rolleyes:

Who said they are something special? ;)

tetsujin1979
09/04/2008, 2:44 PM
Shane ClarkeClarke is repeating his leaving

gspain
09/04/2008, 3:14 PM

Could be wrong but pretty sure Sextons won 3 in a row or 3 in 4 years in the mid 70's. Went to Turkey to compete in the schools world cup and finished a creditable 7th. Pat Nolan and some of the other 1980 league winning team were on the trip.

Football was then banned from the school as the head brother in Cork was concerned with the GAA team being hammered every year in the Harty Cup.
They still got hammered every year after that.

tetsujin1979
09/04/2008, 4:16 PM
I thought so too
From http://www.limerickleader.ie/sport/Limerick-CBS-triumph-in-AllIreland.3960303.jp

Kevin Barry was the two goal hero for the Sexton Street Secondary School, who became the first ever side to win back-to-back titles.

Monkfish
09/04/2008, 5:23 PM
.......... or end up being a bitter twisted follower

Twisted maybe, but I enjoy every minute of following my team around the country so where your getting 'bitter' from I dont know.
.....anyway fair play to CBS, fcuk the begruders! :p

gael353
09/04/2008, 8:20 PM
think they can do better than lim27 to be honest:rolleyes: your right id go for Man u or liverpool or something like that i agree with you there. :rolleyes:

the hoops
09/04/2008, 10:27 PM
your right id go for Man u or liverpool or something like that i agree with you there. :rolleyes:

ur some muppet you still serving in the shop at the games:D

L37Ultra
09/04/2008, 11:40 PM

Are you one of the little children who buys sweets at half-time from him? ;)

the hoops
10/04/2008, 2:13 AM
Are you one of the little children who buys sweets at half-time from him? ;)

christ another 1:eek:

Monkfish
10/04/2008, 8:19 AM

This thread is about CBS, If you've nothing to contribute (as usual) other than calling people muppets then will you please go back to the mess that is juniorland.

L37Ultra
10/04/2008, 8:29 AM

Another Limerick fan?

This is the Limerick forum just to let you know ;)

Mercurial Vapor
10/04/2008, 8:49 AM
Twisted maybe, but I enjoy every minute of following my team around the country so where your getting 'bitter' from I dont know.
.....anyway fair play to CBS, fcuk the begruders! :p

I never once said i begrudged the CBS winning. For your information I'm a former CBS student that won 2 Munster soccer medals in the time that i played for them. I'm delighted that they have written their own bit of history with back to back titles. If the players are capable of achieving this then surely some of them are good enough to play with PREMIER division sides in the Eircom league and not the hoofball of the First Division. ;)

Lim till i die
10/04/2008, 9:09 AM
good enough to play with PREMIER division sides in the Eircom league and not the hoofball of the First Division. ;)

They can walk into the Cork City team like that Tierney youngfella ;)

Best of luck to them but you don't know a hell of a lot about football if you think they are all going to "make it" because they are a handy under 18s side

Monkfish
10/04/2008, 9:14 AM
I never once said i begrudged the CBS winning. Never said you did though did I? More reading lessons and less P.E. is whats needed up in that place I tell ya! :D

Hoofball? you've never witnessed Curly Wurlys brand of 'total football' yet have you?

Again keeping this 'on topic' fair play to CBS. We know your watching MR B. ;)

Roadend
10/04/2008, 9:24 AM
Best of luck to them but you don't know a hell of a lot about football if you think they are all going to "make it" because they are a handy under 18s side

Only too true, as I'm sure Mercurial vapor can attest to, wasn't he part of that crack Geraldines minor team of about 10/12 years ago? Not even playing premier these days?

Monkfish
10/04/2008, 9:26 AM
Only too true, as I'm sure Mercurial vapor can attest to, wasn't he part of that crack Geraldines minor team of about 10/12 years ago? Not even playing premier these days?

To be fair, its hard to play ball with horses and cars on your pitch. :)

harpin
10/04/2008, 10:29 AM

Ah the Dream Team remember them well...................

Not Harchester

Mercurial Vapor
10/04/2008, 12:31 PM

Aren't some of that "crack" team as you call it playing with L37 now and also one is playing with St. Pats who are top of the Eircom premier. I don't take playing the game as serious as i used to so maybe that's why I'm not playing Premier anymore. I can assure you that I'm never short of offers from Premier clubs every season.

Roadend
10/04/2008, 12:39 PM
Aren't some of that "crack" team as you call it playing with L37 now

Surely they should be playing premier then if they are that good, as you alluded to earlier.

Mercurial Vapor
10/04/2008, 12:42 PM
Surely they should be playing premier then if they are that good, as you alluded to earlier.

I never said we were any good. Your the one that used the phrase "crack" not me.

Roadend
10/04/2008, 12:47 PM
Ye were the Wembley(currently) of the time.

Mercurial Vapor
10/04/2008, 12:49 PM
To be fair, its hard to play ball with horses and cars on your pitch. :)

Geraldines don't forget own their own pitch and have a clubhouse. Could you tell me who has the deeds to the pitch that L37 play on? Maybe ye could take a leaf out of Pat Kenny's book and claim squatters rights on Jackman Park. :D

jebus
10/04/2008, 12:50 PM
Geraldines don't forget own their own pitch and have a clubhouse. Could you tell me who has the deeds to the pitch that L37 play on? Maybe ye could take a leaf out of Pat Kenny's book and claim squatters rights on Jackman Park. :D

or you could just run along back to juniorball land and pretend that anyone other than the player's families give a damn about the clubs (I'm sure most of them don't either though, so you might be out of luck)

Monkfish
10/04/2008, 12:53 PM
Geraldines don't forget own their own pitch and have a clubhouse.

Joyriders and horse bandits own your pitch! :p

Green_Hoop
10/04/2008, 12:53 PM
Congrats to CBS,Quite an achievement for the lads.

^^
Look Jebus on topic :o

P.S. Vapor does have a point about Squatters rights on the grounds,you never know your luck..

jebus
10/04/2008, 12:57 PM
P.S. Vapor does have a point about Squatters rights on the grounds,you never know your luck..

Vapor wasn't on-topic, which is who I replied to, whats your point?

In more offtopic (let's get yet another junior thread binned) point I never understood why CBS make their 1st-3rd years wear a different uniform to their 5th and 6th years? Surely it's just pointing out that these lads are ripe for a beating?

Monkfish
10/04/2008, 12:59 PM

You'd know all about that area of the law considering where your ground is. ;) Big Shire horses can do a lot of damage so make sure those gates are locked!

....again, congrats to the boys from Sexton Street :)

Mercurial Vapor
10/04/2008, 1:14 PM

I haven't played for Geraldines for a good few years and have nothing to do with the club. I actually think all this L37 and junior soccer sniping is a real pity. After all it's causing unecessary consternation on both sides. Maybe we could acquire the services of John Devane in an attempt to broker a peace deal. :D Does anyone know where he lives because i ain't willing to meet him on our turf. He has promised an open door policy after all.
Oh and well done again to Sextons and scutchie in particular for his leadership.

Monkfish
10/04/2008, 1:32 PM
Maybe we could acquire the services of John Devane in an attempt to broker a peace deal.

Handfull of lads on an internet forum taking the **** out of each other is hardly going to catch the attention of such a man. :(

gael353
10/04/2008, 1:36 PM

early days young man, and who knows Limerick could be in their own stadium quite soon. I think squatters rights comes after 12/14 years and IMO jackman wont be there in 10 years time.

gael353
10/04/2008, 1:41 PM

im sure that person would be hurt at being called a muppet i demand a ban be imposed on you this instant :rolleyes: i think the Supporters Club shop is actaully quite good this year lads with hot drinks (tea, Coffee, Soup and Pot Noodles) usual choc bars drinks and sweets for the kids with all funds going from the supporters club to the club. Also the new jersey should be on sale at the Dundalk game :ball:

Mercurial Vapor
10/04/2008, 1:50 PM
early days young man, and who knows Limerick could be in their own stadium quite soon. I think squatters rights comes after 12/14 years and IMO jackman wont be there in 10 years time.

Is this the phantom stadium plans that were published in the local paper about 18 months ago. I'd like to see it happen to be honest but false promises and money problems have dogged senior soccer in this city for 20 years now. Then again your optimism is encouraging. Let's hope it comes to fruition.

Monkfish
10/04/2008, 1:54 PM
On topic please lads. :)

Mercurial Vapor
10/04/2008, 2:17 PM

HMMMMM, i see you lead by example when saying keep it on topic. ;)

Monkfish
10/04/2008, 2:28 PM
HMMMMM, i see you lead by example when saying keep it on topic. ;)

Do as I say, not as I do. :cool:

Green_Hoop
10/04/2008, 3:21 PM
Is this the phantom stadium plans that were published in the local paper about 18 months ago. I'd like to see it happen to be honest but false promises and money problems have dogged senior soccer in this city for 20 years now. Then again your optimism is encouraging. Let's hope it comes to fruition.

Aye sure does anyone recall the numerous plans published over the years in the leader for Limericks various new stadiums...And Monkfish at least we've a set of gates to lock...thats a whole set of gates more than some teams....

Again Congrats to CBS,the teams gonna loose at least 7 of the starting team from the final.
(Loving this thread,everyone has a go and quickly adds in a minimal mention of the topic..

Mercurial Vapor
10/04/2008, 3:33 PM
Do as I say, not as I do. :cool:

You seem to think you are the Headmaster of this thread!