PDA

View Full Version : Pete Doherty sent to prison

rambler14
08/04/2008, 9:25 PM
About feckin time:)

Gone for 14 weeks, should be longer after the amount of times that the waster has been in court and dodged prison. He should have gone to prison years ago, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

jebus
08/04/2008, 9:26 PM
Shame really, I quite enjoy Pete dodging the prison bullet and the subsequent tabloid hysteria we get so frequently

kingdom hoop
08/04/2008, 9:53 PM
it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Someone to be caught with heroine, crack, ketamine and cannabis in Kensington? Never thought I'd see it in my lifetime to be honest.

As a fellow Ranger my heart goes out* to Mr. Doherty. Hopefully he'll be back out on the terraces soon. :)

*He may need that heart soon enough I'd say. :D

rambler14
08/04/2008, 9:56 PM
Shame really, I quite enjoy Pete dodging the prison bullet and the subsequent tabloid hysteria we get so frequently

Well now there'll be new tabloid headlines:

"Pete is new prison chef"

"Pete caught dealing in the hallways"

"Pete is Ian Huntley's bi*ch"

"Pete says he wants to be Joe O'Reilly's cellmate"

etc....................

:D:D:D

anto1208
08/04/2008, 10:02 PM
Its not his first stint in prison doesnt come as any surprise all though not having read a tabloid in years ive no idea what he is up to :D

kingdom hoop
08/04/2008, 10:08 PM
"Bye bye baby, you're a shambles - Pete's mum cries as Doherty leaves Liberty-nes."

Wolfie
09/04/2008, 7:36 AM
What's this celebrity junkie Pete Doherty got to do with a Music Forum? :confused:

McShels
09/04/2008, 8:34 AM
What's this celebrity junkie Pete Doherty got to do with a Music Forum? :confused:

Take out the word celebrity and you have it spot on Wolfie

L37Ultra
09/04/2008, 8:37 AM

He is a musician, in a band :rolleyes:

And now he is in jail.

jebus
09/04/2008, 9:05 AM

He's quite influential among British rock these days

Lionel Ritchie
09/04/2008, 9:23 AM
He's quite influential among British rock these days

wow ...the over influenced being influenced by the over influenced. With so much influence in the mix you'd think they'd come with something that didn't sound so ....influenced.

jebus
09/04/2008, 10:13 AM
wow ...the over influenced being influenced by the over influenced. With so much influence in the mix you'd think they'd come with something that didn't sound so ....influenced.

Indeed :)

Eire06
09/04/2008, 10:19 AM
He's a very talented songwriter, singer and musician just has a major drug problem.

Jail will be the worst place for him with the reports of how widely drugs are available inside, may send him back to square one in kicking his habit.

Dr. Ogba
09/04/2008, 10:56 AM
About feckin time:)

Gone for 14 weeks, should be longer after the amount of times that the waster has been in court and dodged prison. He should have gone to prison years ago, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

good, lock him away for life so he doesn't inflict us with any more of his ****e music...

as_i_say
09/04/2008, 12:14 PM
i dunno i think that his music is utter ****e, past and present. reckon if he wasnt the media magnate for his snorting escapades his cds would be lining students gaffs as ashtrays long ago.

Pike B
09/04/2008, 12:26 PM
Never heard one of his songs. He any good? ;)

Eire06
09/04/2008, 12:44 PM
People either love or hate him

Listen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38H9BOkulcI&feature=related) here
Singing live on the Jonathan Ross show

Wolfie
09/04/2008, 1:12 PM
He is a musician, in a band :rolleyes:

And now he is in jail.

Of course I knew he was a musician in a band!!!!!

Coldplay are one of my favourite beat combo's!!!!!!

jebus
09/04/2008, 1:48 PM
At least Doherty brings some musical talent to the table lads, furthermore when have rock stars not produced mass hysteria in the press? We could easily have said the same about Lennon, Reed, Bowie etc. back in the day as we are saying about Doherty now. I'm not saying he's anywhere near as talented as those three men, but they all produced unnecessary tabloid hysteria at one stage or another dur to drug intake .

Basically who else has this decade produced that fits the rock mould beside Doherty?

Pike B
09/04/2008, 2:36 PM
People either love or hate him

Listen (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38H9BOkulcI&feature=related) here
Singing live on the Jonathan Ross show
Ah thanks for that man.I don't see the fuss.He seems average at best to me...Pub singer...

Eire06
09/04/2008, 3:14 PM
Ah thanks for that man.I don't see the fuss.He seems average at best to me...Pub singer...

Don't write him off after one song, that's just one I had handy.

He is a class song writer and is rumoured to have written songs for Amy Winehouse and adding his vocals to one of her songs

Pike B
09/04/2008, 3:19 PM
Don't write him off after one song, that's just one I had handy.

He is a class song writer and is rumoured to have written songs for Amy Winehouse and adding his vocals to one of her songs
Ya heard he was writing a song for Amy. Will be intresting.

Wolfie
10/04/2008, 7:59 AM
At least Doherty brings some musical talent to the table lads, furthermore when have rock stars not produced mass hysteria in the press? We could easily have said the same about Lennon, Reed, Bowie etc. back in the day as we are saying about Doherty now. I'm not saying he's anywhere near as talented as those three men, but they all produced unnecessary tabloid hysteria at one stage or another dur to drug intake .

Basically who else has this decade produced that fits the rock mould beside Doherty?

I'm all for Rock Stars causing mass hysteria in the press provided they are entertaining, thought provoking or challenging with it.

anto1208
10/04/2008, 9:01 AM

He isnt the best guitar player or the best singer but he is a great song writer and thats the point thats why he is so successfull. Where as Gareth Gates is a great singer but a rubbish song writter thats the difference.

I like his music dont really follow his antics in the press but shock horror a rock star on drugs. What people forget is he was all ready very successfull before he ever started taking drugs he isnt just famous for being a junkie or dating kate moss. In fact its probably cost him lots of fans as people got sick of him not showing up for gigs etc all the time . his songs have deffinetly gone down hill but are still better than most around now.

If it wasnt for the libertines all the bands that copied them wouldnt have made it the Kooks the fratellies etc etc .

Ive seen Baby shambles a few times once in the height of his drug taking and i have to admit i went not knowing any of the songs well as they had nothing released all i had was demo's and its still the best gig ive been to blew everyone else ive seen away. topped
the pixies
chilli peppers
bob dylan
the who
go team
kings of leon
flaming lips
the strokes
etc etc .

Looking foward to this solo album see what its like.

Pike B
10/04/2008, 9:06 AM
He isnt the best guitar player or the best singer but he is a great song writer and thats the point thats why he is so successfull. Where as Gareth Gates is a great singer but a rubbish song writter thats the difference.

I like his music dont really follow his antics in the press but shock horror a rock star on drugs. What people forget is he was all ready very successfull before he ever started taking drugs he isnt just famous for being a junkie or dating kate moss. In fact its probably cost him lots of fans as people got sick of him not showing up for gigs etc all the time . his songs have deffinetly gone down hill but are still better than most around now.

If it wasnt for the libertines all the bands that copied them wouldnt have made it the Kooks the fratellies etc etc .

Ive seen Baby shambles a few times once in the height of his drug taking and i have to admit i went not knowing any of the songs well as they had nothing released all i had was demo's and its still the best gig ive been to blew everyone else ive seen away. topped
the pixies
chilli peppers
bob dylan
the who
go team
kings of leon
flaming lips
the strokes
etc etc .

Looking foward to this solo album see what its like.
Chilli's and Dylan?? Well I have to say that surprises me a wee bit.. But heh, if your into the guy cool.. I am going to check some his stuff out, and decide myself..

tetsujin1979
10/04/2008, 9:36 AM
I have to admit to hearing a recent single release by Babyshambles, and without knowing who it was, thinking it was excellent.

Lim till i die
10/04/2008, 9:49 AM
He's a very talented songwriter, singer and musician just has a major drug problem.

He's a mediocrity standing out like a beacon in a sea of rubbish

Jail will be the worst place for him with the reports of how widely drugs are available inside, may send him back to square one in kicking his habit

Aw, the poor, theiving, drug addled lamb.

anto1208
10/04/2008, 9:57 AM
Chilli's and Dylan?? Well I have to say that surprises me a wee bit.. But heh, if your into the guy cool.. I am going to check some his stuff out, and decide myself..

Thats just that live show compared to them live im not saying he is better than Dylan ! but he is better than the peppers

Start with the Libertines 2nd album called the libertines this was recorded just as he started acting up they kicked him out of the band , brought him back recorded this album then kicked him out again. When you listen to it you ll understand why i told you that. Its the best stuff him and Barret ever did and an easier starting point than up the bracket.Or any of the babyshambles stuff.

some very clever lines like "her old man, he doesnt like blacks or queers, but he's proud we beat the nazi's...... how queer !"

They pretty much knew the band and their friendship was done for and it shows in the songs like what became of the likely lads and music when the lights go out.

Lim till i die
10/04/2008, 10:09 AM
some very clever lines like "her old man, he doesnt like blacks or queers, but he's proud we beat the nazi's...... how queer !"

Wowza!! :rolleyes:

Dr. Ogba
10/04/2008, 10:10 AM

This right here says it all....has inspired overhyped mediocrity with his overhyped, mediocre band...

Pike B
10/04/2008, 10:39 AM
Thats just that live show compared to them live im not saying he is better than Dylan ! but he is better than the peppers

Start with the Libertines 2nd album called the libertines this was recorded just as he started acting up they kicked him out of the band , brought him back recorded this album then kicked him out again. When you listen to it you ll understand why i told you that. Its the best stuff him and Barret ever did and an easier starting point than up the bracket.Or any of the babyshambles stuff.

They pretty much knew the band and their friendship was done for and it shows in the songs like what became of the likely lads and music when the lights go out.
Thanks for the tips. Seems like your upsetting a few people here though... Ah well, live and let live.. Again, I don't give two, s..ts about what the guy does in his life. Just the music I'm intrested in.. Only that. If he was my neighbour, and doing drugs and making trouble on my doorstep, maybe then I'd care. But he isn't, and I don't.. He's just a bloke lads... Just a bloke..

anto1208
10/04/2008, 1:07 PM
Thanks for the tips. Seems like your upsetting a few people here though... Ah well, live and let live.. Again, I don't give two, s..ts about what the guy does in his life. Just the music I'm intrested in.. Only that. If he was my neighbour, and doing drugs and making trouble on my doorstep, maybe then I'd care. But he isn't, and I don't.. He's just a bloke lads... Just a bloke..

You will allways get that ( never more so than on the internet ). i like his music i dont want to be his friend i really dont care what he does or doesnt do in his spare time. But you will often find the very people slagging him think coldplay are great :D

Pike B
10/04/2008, 1:57 PM
Coldplay, so so... A few decent songs here and there. Not one of my favourites..

Dr. Ogba
10/04/2008, 2:15 PM
But you will often find the very people slagging him think coldplay are great :D

hmm would have thought that the people advocating his music would be the exact same people that hopped on the Coldplay bandwagon all those years ago...(i.e NME said they were great so they must be great...)

Pike B
10/04/2008, 2:20 PM
hmm would have thought that the people advocating his music would be the exact same people that hopped on the Coldplay bandwagon all those years ago...(i.e NME said they were great so they must be great...)
I don't read NME, myself. Or any other music mags. I don't watch any music channels or awards shows. I just hear the music man.... Just hear it.. Don't listen, hear....

Dr. Ogba
10/04/2008, 2:40 PM
I don't read NME, myself. Or any other music mags. I don't watch any music channels or awards shows. I just hear the music man.... Just hear it.. Don't listen, hear....

that's, like, so deep maaannn....:p

anto1208
10/04/2008, 3:18 PM

Anytime i talk about him that line about NME gets thrown at me ive never read it nor any of the other music mags i dont care what musicians think or have to say its all ******.I like someone that writes a song that makes sense rather than just putting words that rhyme to a tune like coldplay do.

Pike B
10/04/2008, 3:40 PM
that's, like, so deep maaannn....:p
Thanks. It's out of White Men Can't Jump!!! :D