PDA

View Full Version : L37 v Athlone (away)

Monkfish
08/04/2008, 2:52 PM
Probably the only place in the league where we acually are not treated like criminals. :)

Them. 11/8.

Draw. 11/5.

Us. 13/8.

Think a Euro on the draw might be safe.

Lim till i die
09/04/2008, 11:40 AM
Probably the only place in the league where we acually are not treated like criminals. :)

God Bless Them.

Everyone on their best behaviour now!! You give a little, you get a little. :)

sadloserkid
11/04/2008, 12:40 PM
Everyone on their best behaviour now!! :)

Yes indeed. Everyone! ;)

Monkfish
12/04/2008, 4:29 AM
Id encourage everyone to meet up in the Still House beforehand but given a certain persons behaviour last week im not so sure if pre-bus drinks are a wise idea. :p

gael353
13/04/2008, 1:13 AM
First up we got our first away point so well done lads. we were down several players before the start. White, Tracy, Colbert all injured and Liam Barrett in the states on schlorship trials, to add to Paddy and the returning Derick (on the bench for moral reasons.) We destroyed a very poor Athlone side in the first half on what is THE WORST PITCH IN THE LEAGUE! The game shouldnt have been played. Players were falling all over the place with the lighter Limerick side coping better. James Hayes headed us in front on 40 mins from a Willie Bruton cross. The second half was all about one person. Enter first time Referee and usual linesman Stephen Grant. From the restart he was intent on making this game a draw. He gave 14 consecutive free kicks to Athlone and was egging for a peno. He was crying out for contact of any sort to be made within the Limerick box for him to get what he wanted a peno for athlone. He gave countless free kicks on the Limerick edge of box for nothing offences. Athlone equalized. Then forgetting they had, he then gave his penalty and sent off the fumbling Dave Ryan (when he should have only had a yellow as there was another man behind him) Down to 10 and with the refs job done and his final game as a ref i might add) Limerick got a cracker of a goal through Thomondgate Dave Ryan. Should have won, but happy to get our first point and to the ref, hard luck you almost got us:rolleyes: i counted 165 at the game

atfconline
13/04/2008, 1:46 AM
Yes I was thinking that was you shouting at the ref and lino Gael, now I know for definite. :)

starbar
13/04/2008, 3:26 AM
166...never counted me....super blues....c'monnnnnnn

gael353
13/04/2008, 12:21 PM
Yes I was thinking that was you shouting at the ref and lino Gael, now I know for definite. :)
Ignoring everything else i said about the pitch, quality of play, attendance the ref you single out me? that is a most libellous thing to print, as i did not raise my voice to the man once simply pointing out his many errors in a calm and reserved manner :D Well done the blues

gspain
13/04/2008, 3:25 PM

Not sure how you can figure out who Gael was from the Limerick fans shouting at the ref.

It was a very sweet point yet at 1-1 would have been a poor one. Although despit ethe ref we probably deserved no more than a point for sitting back on a 1-0 lead. Athlone had all the possession i nthe 2nd half but the poor frustrated referee probably felt he'd have to score himself. :D

atfconline
13/04/2008, 3:27 PM
Because he was down behind the goal on his own and practically said word for word what he posted here.

gael353
13/04/2008, 8:02 PM
Because he was down behind the goal on his own and practically said word for word what he posted here.

lol your laughable. and who did he say it to if hh/she was on his/her own? not that what he said is in anyway incorrect or offensive. now the only one that would have heard anything from him would have been the linesman or the ref and if you were hearing this from them (as he was on his own remember :rolleyes:)this means that you were in communication with the officials which leads us too how the ref was so one sided :D

atfconline
13/04/2008, 8:10 PM
Would you relax, I was just saying I saw you at the match. You can shout whatever the hell you want at the officials. Christ.

gael353
13/04/2008, 8:15 PM
Would you relax, I was just saying I saw you at the match. You can shout whatever the hell you want at the officials. Christ.
i know ive become a bit defencive since Ed Cameroon Foley reported me cos i made him cry last year. Bit please do comment back on what you thought of the ref dont make me sound like a limerick thing about him

Jofspring
13/04/2008, 9:11 PM
we where all over them in the first half, they where all over us in the second. 2-2 fair in the end on the day but from what i saw over all i do think we are a better team and should be taking plenty more points off them during the course of the season.

Monkfish
13/04/2008, 9:30 PM
Pitch was poor, conditions were poor, ref was poor, attendance was poor,
2nd half we were poor, pint in the hotel was poor, lim til i die's aim was poor.

God I love this league! :D

Oh and thanks again to the lady on the turnstyle who gave me a hand getting my bags through.

Battery Rover
14/04/2008, 8:37 AM
Who was your captain on Saturday?

Jofspring
14/04/2008, 9:59 AM
Who was your captain on Saturday?

good question.....don't actually know :confused:

Battery Rover
14/04/2008, 1:41 PM
Here is a link to the pre match photo.

Can someone identify the Limerick captain and the linesmen if possible

http://photos3.pix.ie/1D/30/1D308955FA4C4633A3358DB9245E1071-160.jpg

L37Ultra
14/04/2008, 1:54 PM
Here is a link to the pre match photo.

Can someone identify the Limerick captain and the linesmen if possible

http://photos3.pix.ie/1D/30/1D308955FA4C4633A3358DB9245E1071-160.jpg

I wasnt at the game but that is Tommy Barrett in that photo and I think Gael mentioned above that one of the linesmen was Stephen Grant.

Battery Rover
14/04/2008, 1:54 PM
Thanks for that. the ref was Grant

Lim till i die
15/04/2008, 9:45 AM
lim til i die's aim was poor.

My aim is never anything but true. :eek:

On the game, we were poor, Athlone are crap and another little piece of me died.

Jofspring
15/04/2008, 10:50 AM
I wasnt at the game but that is Tommy Barrett in that photo and I think Gael mentioned above that one of the linesmen was Stephen Grant.

ya barrett was captain alright...can't believe i forgot that.

Battery Rover
16/04/2008, 4:22 PM
Took a bit of time due to dodgy video but the highlights of the game are now available to view on www.athlonetowntv.com