PDA

View Full Version : Broadband o2, 3 , vodafone modems etc...

Donegalred
08/04/2008, 1:54 PM
One of the lads at work got the o2 modem there yesterday and it hasn't worked yet. Would anyone know does it take long for o2 to register it online for it to operate.? I know it takes a day or so for the 3 modem to start operating. Thanks

Jock MIB
08/04/2008, 3:05 PM
One of the lads at work got the o2 modem there yesterday and it hasn't worked yet. Would anyone know does it take long for o2 to register it online for it to operate.? I know it takes a day or so for the 3 modem to start operating. Thanks

Got o2 broadband for business and 3g for Home and both were working the day i bought them, all depends on reception i assume

passinginterest
08/04/2008, 4:09 PM

Girlfriend had O2 for a good while, after two faulty modems and about 2 months of complaining about how bad it was (most of this taken up with diagnosing the fact that modem number 2 was faulty) she eventually got a refund of €80, a €50 voucher and they waived her cancellation fee.

Tir Oilean
08/04/2008, 5:22 PM
Got a 3G one first but twas fierce slow. was up and running within 3/4hrs same with the vodafone one I got except it works at faster speeds than 3G. My advice would be to make sure that you've got decent coverage if not ditch it straight away on those grounds and try another company

Magicme
10/04/2008, 8:15 PM
I got the 3 mobile a week ago and it didnt work after a few days of waiting for it to get registered. Brought it back and got o2. It worked but kept going down and was very slow so brought it back yesterday and got Vodafone. Its flying! Cant believe the difference. Am getting the high speed broadband connection and its almost as good as the real broadband. Whoooohooo!

But yeah, basically try them out and see which works best for you. The 02 and Vodafone should work immediately and 3 after 48 hours.