PDA

View Full Version : Setanta Cup Monday 7 April

pól-dcfc
07/04/2008, 9:07 PM
Derry 2 - 0 Pats FT

Martyn
McCourt

2 times in the space of a few days. Lovely stuff. Puts us right back in contention to get out of the group.

BohsPartisan
07/04/2008, 10:01 PM
Caught the second half. Derry impressive, nice football. Wound down a bit in the last twenty minutes though.

kingdomkerry
07/04/2008, 10:18 PM
Table?

kdjaC
07/04/2008, 10:24 PM
bah spineless performance, derry well deserved the win outplayed us got to 2-0 then let us have the ball.

Decent game if your a derry fan played quite well, JMC caved in at 1-0 and rested everyone knowing we need them for harps not eh 1st time he did that either.

As an aside and totally irrelevant to how the game went ie derry being better and us losing seriously not being bitter but martyn in a cheatin **** what he did is a ****ing disgrace, shame to see our borderline pros (he was MOTM too) doing **** like that to try get a goal, its funny in a pub league but hes a paid professional and only did to gain an advantage.

kdjac

sligoman
07/04/2008, 10:25 PM
Table?Chair.

EDIT: Sorry, wrong thread (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=63644);).

sligored
07/04/2008, 10:32 PM
was watching linfield glentoran highlights being reffed by butti.er. both teams wearing white shorts . i wonder is this a comedown on his stance, different rules out of the 26 counties or afraid of the consequences of his pigheadedness in a live tv match.
answers on a postcard to fai headquarters , sesame street

headtheball
08/04/2008, 9:02 AM
Good win for Derry last nite. Played some super football too. I think Johnnie Mc called it right after game that Pats never started the game.

David
08/04/2008, 9:36 AM
Table?

Linfield 6
Derry City 3
Glentoran 1
St Pats 1

Dodge
08/04/2008, 9:50 AM
was watching linfield glentoran highlights being reffed by butti.er. both teams wearing white shorts . i wonder is this a comedown on his stance, different rules out of the 26 counties or afraid of the consequences of his pigheadedness in a live tv match.
answers on a postcard to fai headquarters , sesame street

He allowed Pats v Sligo to wear the same shorts didn't he?

Anyway pats were awful last night. I don't think derry played that well and still should've beaten us by more

hedderman
08/04/2008, 12:07 PM
bah spineless performance, derry well deserved the win outplayed us got to 2-0 then let us have the ball.

Decent game if your a derry fan played quite well, JMC caved in at 1-0 and rested everyone knowing we need them for harps not eh 1st time he did that either.

As an aside and totally irrelevant to how the game went ie derry being better and us losing seriously not being bitter but martyn in a cheatin **** what he did is a ****ing disgrace, shame to see our borderline pros (he was MOTM too) doing **** like that to try get a goal, its funny in a pub league but hes a paid professional and only did to gain an advantage.

kdjac

I would agree that that was cynical on Ciaran Martyn's part. Without a camera behind the goal it might not have been witnessed. Is their any video citing panel?

crc
08/04/2008, 12:15 PM
Is their any video citing panel?
No. I'm pretty sure citing in rugby is only for violent / dangerous conduct.
Martyn should have got a yellow card for deliberate hand ball, but that's the chance you take. As it was the ref probably didn't see the hand-ball (otherwise Martyn would have been booked) so he was in fact close to grabbing a sly goal for Derry.

OneRedArmy
08/04/2008, 12:36 PM
Martyn's handball was cynical and deserved a yellow, but glad to see Jamie Harris injure himself in a downright cowardly challenge right at the beginning on Morrison. Shame Morrison got injured as well.

Pats were awful as noted above.