PDA

View Full Version : Fine, McCabe suspension.

Seagull
07/04/2008, 5:18 PM
Bray Wanderers were fined €50 as a result of till rolls been discharged v Shamrock Rovers (21.03.08).

Gary McCabe (Bray Wanderers) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches and fined €100 as a result of having been sent off v Shamrock Rovers (21.03.08).

Suspensions are effective as and from Wednesday, 16th April unless otherwise stated. Suspensions are effective at first team level unless otherwise stated.

Hulsey
07/04/2008, 5:38 PM
You'd think the Fai would have better things to do than charge a club for till rolls being thrown ffs!
Did Mc Cabe not already serve a suspension? If it was a second yellow card I didn't think that the ban could be extended

superfrank
07/04/2008, 5:55 PM
He's been given a two-match ban, he already served one against Pats.

dublinwanderer
07/04/2008, 6:07 PM
fined for throwing till roll is a compete joke. i know its only 50e but if anything else happens i'd say it'l get steaper. better get the lads to stop it for the time being....

Seagull-4-life
07/04/2008, 6:36 PM
McCabe is a loss anyway

bray boy
07/04/2008, 6:45 PM
dalymount is going to be white with till rolls at the start of the match
:mad: fcuk the fai

superfrank
07/04/2008, 7:42 PM
I think Jack will be sending more stewards into the stand for the next home game.

Hulsey
07/04/2008, 8:10 PM
He's been given a two-match ban, he already served one against Pats.

I didnt think that could be done for a second yellow card though :confused:

Seagull-4-life
08/04/2008, 6:01 AM
I think he has to serve two more games rather than just one more but not 100% sure.

superfrank
08/04/2008, 10:37 AM
Gary McCabe (Bray Wanderers) suspended for TWO (2) competitive matches and fined €100 as a result of having been sent off v Shamrock Rovers (21.03.08).

Automatic suspension in next eircom League of Ireland match as per FIFA directive already served and ONE (1) competitive match as and from Wednesday, 16th April.

One more match.

BrayUnknowns
08/04/2008, 10:49 AM

So in other words, fcuk the club :eek: They are the ones who have to pay for it.

superfrank
08/04/2008, 10:54 AM
In all honesty, the club can be pretty unfair on the fans that want to create some atmosphere at the matches. Remember the "Family is the only F-Word in Bray" campaign.

I can see the club trying to stomp down on the fans now.

BrayUnknowns
08/04/2008, 12:56 PM
In all honesty, the club can be pretty unfair on the fans that want to create some atmosphere at the matches. Remember the "Family is the only F-Word in Bray" campaign.

I can see the club trying to stomp down on the fans now.

I beleive that was the Official Supporters Club who did that, also how does saying f*ck help create an atmosphere?

superfrank
08/04/2008, 2:07 PM
Official Supporters Club = another arm of the club.

It's not as if the lads just stand there and chant "F, F, F" all match long. The word pops up in the songs or when someones emotional, most football fans are, they might say it. The players have the worst mouths of all.

It's not just the F-word policy either. The fans are forced to stay down that end of the stand. They are not allowed stand in the centre of the stand, they've been moved before.

There's also been attempts to force the fans to sit down.

It's ridiculous censorship by the club. God forbid the fans show any kind of passion or attempt to create an atmosphere.

BrayUnknowns
08/04/2008, 6:17 PM
Are you actually for real? :D :D :D

bray boy
08/04/2008, 6:42 PM
that may have been the case in the past but the club are now helping fans create atmosphere in the carlisle
as many people know we now have an ultras group which is slowly but surely getting there
with the help of the supporters club and the club itself there is gonna be some class atmo in the ground in coming months i think...

in fairness the club cant help being fined and obv they dont want to be fined again so its understandable to why they might not want us throwing till rolls!

Grey Boy
08/04/2008, 7:33 PM

Well if you are so intent on throwing your 10 till rolls on to the pitch then you pay the club €50. Good man.

It's not as if the lads just stand there and chant "F, F, F" all match long. The word pops up in the songs or when someones emotional, most football fans are, they might say it. The players have the worst mouths of all.

I've seen plenty of parents with young enough kids pretty horrified with some of the language used from the singing area. I agree though when youre caught up in a game and p...ed off with the ref or how bad we are playing, it's hard to control it. But there are some unnecessary words used though and we need all the support we can get (especially to pay for those unnecessary fines). So maybe it could be pointed out every now and then if its excessive.

superfrank
08/04/2008, 8:54 PM
Like I said, the players are actually the worse mouths in the whole ground. Ronan Ivory springs to mind but you can clearly hear the F's, P's and occasional C's by the players. This is far worse than the fans.

And yes, BrayUnknowns, I am for real.

Seagull
09/04/2008, 8:52 PM
Like I said, the players are actually the worse mouths in the whole ground. Ronan Ivory springs to mind but you can clearly hear the F's, P's and occasional C's by the players. This is far worse than the fans.

And yes, BrayUnknowns, I am for real.
You didn't answer his question- how does saying f*ck create an atmosphere? Also, do you condone the homophobic chanting directed at Bobby Ryan recently where there were plenty of kids within earshot, my own included? Is this what 'ultra' is about?

Stevo Da Gull
09/04/2008, 10:11 PM
You didn't answer his question- how does saying f*ck create an atmosphere? Also, do you condone the homophobic chanting directed at Bobby Ryan recently where there were plenty of kids within earshot, my own included? Is this what 'ultra' is about?

Just like to say that as someone in the singing group I did not partake in the Bobby Ryan chant.... I've got nothing really to add to this discussion, I'm just covering my own arse :D

Hulsey
10/04/2008, 1:14 PM
Well if you are so intent on throwing your 10 till rolls on to the pitch then you pay the club €50. Good man.

I've seen plenty of parents with young enough kids pretty horrified with some of the language used from the singing area. I agree though when youre caught up in a game and p...ed off with the ref or how bad we are playing, it's hard to control it. But there are some unnecessary words used though and we need all the support we can get (especially to pay for those unnecessary fines). So maybe it could be pointed out every now and then if its excessive.

Not meaning to sound insensitive but if the parents don't want little johnny to hear the bad language then would it not make sense to sit as far as possible away from the singing section? If the parents want their kids to have a cultured night out bring them to the theatre as a football match ain't the place for that. You can't tell the fans to remain silent and curb any emotion so someone who probably doesn't go to every game can have a nice peacefull quiet night out

notever
10/04/2008, 2:26 PM
This is not the attitude one would expect from a Bray Wdrs. fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonboy
10/04/2008, 2:41 PM
Bray Wanderers were fined €50 as a result of till rolls been discharged v Shamrock Rovers (21.03.08).

Suspensions are effective as and from Wednesday, 16th April unless otherwise stated. Suspensions are effective at first team level unless otherwise stated.

is that 50 euro for one ticket roll? or can you get fined 500 for 10? what about jacks roll is it more because its bigger?

Stevo Da Gull
10/04/2008, 2:53 PM
what about jacks roll is it more because its bigger?

But it's also softer (less dangerous) so it's an equal charge ;)

bray boy
10/04/2008, 6:43 PM
swearing has been at football grounds since.....always
not going to change i also dont want it to change
go to cricket if you dont want a football atmosphere
because when you go to the carlisle you're going to a FOOTBALL MATCH

rant over :cool: and that one if definatly going in my slightly special box :D